The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey diva

Lady Healer of Rohan
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
He is also playing with much better forwards in Washington than we have here. I doubt he would have been as successful here.

There are major problems with this team internally as well as talent wise. Picking up Grabs would not have solved any of that.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
He had a valid contract. You think Weber wants to play here? Yet they matched that horrific offer sheet. Grabbo would have gotten paid here if Poile would have picked him up - he would not have had the choice.

If premier forwards won't sign here as UFAs, then you have to use what methods you can to get one - be it trade/waivers/etc.

Huge risk difference in a franchise Defenseman and a center that got released by his former team. Toronto is doing just fine without him. Last five games he has 3 assists and a goal on a team loaded with talent up top. Whats so premier about him?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Huge risk difference in a franchise Defenseman and a center that got released by his former team. Toronto is doing just fine without him. Last five games he has 3 assists and a goal on a team loaded with talent up top. Whats so premier about him?
He's not on our team so therefore he's a stud

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Yeah, i am sure Grabovski was sleeping with his phone under the pillow waiting for Poile to call. They have to want to play here first.

maybe guys with offensive talent don't want to play here because they don't want to play for two guys that are obsessed with everyone being defensive.

If I'm a scorer, I'm going elsewhere and pushing nashville off my list too.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
maybe guys with offensive talent don't want to play here because they don't want to play for two guys that are obsessed with everyone being defensive.

If I'm a scorer, I'm going elsewhere and pushing nashville off my list too.
See every off season for the last 5 or 6 years. Roll credits.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
Capable of better play? What game did this team play that showed you they can play good hockey?

10/22 - shutout by the Wild
10/24 - squeaked out a SO win against mighty Winnipeg
10/26 - blown out by St. Louis
10/31 - choked away a huge lead and lost via SO to Phoenix
11/2 - squeaked out a win vs. LA
11/6 - decent win. CO still got 4 goals on them
11/8 - blown out and shut out by Winnipeg
11/10 - blown out and shut out by NJ
11/12 - very nearly shut out for the 3rd straight game by NYI

So I disagree that this team is capable of better play that what we are seeing. This team is what it is.
Completely agree

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Oh hey, Buffalo's owner decided to clean house. Sure wish ours would.

I am ready for some change too, but we are in no way comparable to Buffalo. Consistently bad team that is something like 4-14 and in full rebuild mode. We're bad, but we're not Buffabad.

Negative note: If we lose Fenton to them, that would be the icing on the awful cake this week.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
"Forward, the Light Brigade!
"Charge for the guns!" he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

"Forward, the Light Brigade!"
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Someone had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

Flash'd all their sabres bare,
Flash'd as they turn'd in air,
Sabring the gunners there,
Charging an army, while
All the world wonder'd:
Plunged in the battery-smoke
Right thro' the line they broke;
Cossack and Russian
Reel'd from the sabre stroke
Shatter'd and sunder'd.
Then they rode back, but not
Not the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon behind them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
While horse and hero fell,
They that had fought so well
Came thro' the jaws of Death
Back from the mouth of Hell,
All that was left of them,
Left of six hundred.

When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the world wondered.
Honor the charge they made,
Honor the Light Brigade,
Noble six hundred.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
I mean we are raising a lot of hell to be an 8-8 team. Shows how spoiled we've actually been.

Not a case of being spoiled. It's, for me at least, a culmination of frustration that started the day Suter signed with the Wild. Way too many lows than highs since.

Going back to last season, this team still can't score. The offseason free agents remain a questionable signing, the lack of going after a veteran goalie even knowing that Rinne had major hip surgery is baffling.

Now more than ever it is a hard pill to swallow watching a team that not only cannot score any goals, it can't stop many either. How many bright spots have we seen this season? Jones? Flashes of Forsberg? I think we should be getting so much more from Wilson, Smith, Stalberg, Weber, Bourque, and Josi. Is that a personel problem or a coaching problem? Fisher is constantly hurt.

Of course I would love nothing more for this team to rise up and start rolling behind one of our current pedestrian goalies until Rinne is healthy. Based on what I've seen going back to last year, I'm not holding my breath.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
I mean we are raising a lot of hell to be an 8-8 team. Shows how spoiled we've actually been.
With OT/Shutout rules, it's hard to be less than ".500"

Only 7 teams did it last year (us included). Essentially you are a lottery team if you finish less than .500.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Since the L-word in 2005, the NHL has been a .558 league (9330 W-7154 L-2176 OT/SOL). And, since the NHL started awarding the extra point for losing in OT, the NHL has been a .546 league (14624-11791-4381).

Being a .500 team is a below-average hockey team.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
This is feeling more and more like the Kings team I watched during the end of Dave Taylor's tenure and Lombardi's first few years. Lot of youth, meh free agent signings (Michal Handzus, Ladislav Nagy, etc...), and they just weren't very good. Deano started blowing it up soon after, including a lot of what we figured would have been the "young core": Frolov, Cammalleri, O'Sullivan and even guys like Moulson and Purcell, with only Kopitar, Brown, and Quick remaining. Miserable hockey to watch, and a whole lot of hoping that guys like Thomas Hickey were gonna be the next Scott Niedermayer.

Keeps going this route, there will be changes, and it's probably deserved. But it will still suck. A lot of folks ready to see changes in the front office and behind the bench. You'll probably get your wish. It'll still be sad, as those guys kept the ship floating and managed to scrap together an identity for the organization for many years. But it won't stop there. When the next guys come in, we'll see players that we assumed this team would be built around for the next 5-10 years being sent on their way. We'll get excited about the potential for building around a few 17 and 18 year olds that will likely never see an NHL game.

Losing sucks. :help:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
This is feeling more and more like the Kings team I watched during the end of Dave Taylor's tenure and Lombardi's first few years. Lot of youth, meh free agent signings (Michal Handzus, Ladislav Nagy, etc...), and they just weren't very good. Deano started blowing it up soon after, including a lot of what we figured would have been the "young core": Frolov, Cammalleri, O'Sullivan and even guys like Moulson and Purcell, with only Kopitar, Brown, and Quick remaining. Miserable hockey to watch, and a whole lot of hoping that guys like Thomas Hickey were gonna be the next Scott Niedermayer.

Keeps going this route, there will be changes, and it's probably deserved. But it will still suck. A lot of folks ready to see changes in the front office and behind the bench. You'll probably get your wish. It'll still be sad, as those guys kept the ship floating and managed to scrap together an identity for the organization for many years. But it won't stop there. When the next guys come in, we'll see players that we assumed this team would be built around for the next 5-10 years being sent on their way. We'll get excited about the potential for building around a few 17 and 18 year olds that will likely never see an NHL game.

Losing sucks. :help:

Totally Agree

Be careful what you wish for people. Under new GM and Coach this team will be blown up.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Totally Agree

Be careful what you wish for people. Under new GM and Coach this team will be blown up.

Oh give me a break. How many Cups have Poile and Trotz won here? How many playoff rounds? This team is in complete disarray and are playing awful hockey. You cannot live in the past and be afraid of making a change. You have to take a risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad