The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Kind of funny that after the LA win, Trotz said we needed to fix the defense, well how'd that go?

Trotz made his defensive changes, and now once again, we can't score.

this is not the system Arnott and Kariya played in.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
What irritates me is Trotz wants all of his offensive talent to be a "two way" player ie as good on defense as offense. Yet he does not want to have his defensive plugs to become better on offense.

Last edited:

hockey diva

Lady Healer of Rohan
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
How about we stumble our way to the basement with the understanding that Poile and Trotz are relieved of their duties at the end if the season. Honestly, we must be having trouble selling tickets, the FO keeps running all these deals. Starting to annoy me since I have committed for a full and a half season ticket.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
How about we stumble our way to the basement with the understanding that Poile and Trotz are relieved of their duties at the end if the season. Honestly, we must be having trouble selling tickets, the FO keeps running all these deals. Starting to annoy me since I have committed for a full and a half season ticket.

IMO Trotz is done here. Before the offseason I would have thought Poile was safe...but I had real reservations with the signings of Cullen, Nystrom, and Hendricks (as many others did). They have proven the naysayers right so far. Also, the lack of getting any decent vet back up to Rinne especially with him coming back from major hip surgery was (and it seems now is) a huge mistake.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
When you spend as much as we did in free agency this offseason with little to show for it it makes you wonder why we signed the guys we did. Nystrom has been a big surprise but the other three have been useless any way you look at it. I'm tired of seeing boring hockey. The fact that I continually fall asleep during games is not a good sign. I loved watching games. Honestly, I'm indifferent now. This team is lackluster.

I want to wake up tomorrow to a world where the only Shea Weber is an angry Shea Weber. Him playing with a level head is boring. Get mad. Get angry. Your teammates will follow. I want a team with an edge. Our grinders are lame. They hit but they don't HIT. I want fun games to watch. Can Gaustad be any more awkward when he skates?

Do something different. Get back to being Smashville. Anything but the same drivel I've had to watch the last few nights.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'm tired of seeing boring hockey. The fact that I continually fall asleep during games is not a good sign. I loved watching games. Honestly, I'm indifferent now. This team is lackluster.

Do something different. Get back to being Smashville. Anything but the same drivel I've had to watch the last few nights.

This is perfect for me. This is where I am.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
carter hutton

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 4.58.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 4.58.19 PM.png
    108 KB · Views: 15

gratefulpred

Eternal Optimist
Jun 27, 2011
Almo Heights, KY

My wife is starting to ride me pretty good about our plan and saying who cares about the freebies, let's just wait for the buy one get one free tickets next year. It's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't deals. Soon as out attendance goes in the tank, I can already hear the we are relocating to (Anywhere not in the South) City.

Still have faith, still love my Preds but I am very close to wanting a coaching change and rebuild for Christmas.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Soon as out attendance goes in the tank, I can already hear the we are relocating to (Anywhere not in the South) City.
Why? Only on here and in Canada's biased media. Maybe the owners need to be hit in the pockets a little to see that a coaching change needs to happen.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
I think part of it goes back to doing nothing (or going backwards) in the off-season.
Get back to "Preds Hockey / Hard to Play Against"

Nystrom (5 points in 17 GP)
Cullen (4 points in 17 GP)
Gaustad (3 points in 17 GP)
Spaling (3 points in 13 GP)
Hendricks (1 point in 14 GP)
Clune (0 points in 9 GP)

That's half the offense and we're simply not going to score 50% of the time.
Our Top-6 are second liners at best.
Not a playoff team, even with Rinne.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I think part of it goes back to doing nothing (or going backwards) in the off-season.

Clune (0 points in 9 GP)

Sad thing is Nystrom is the only one scoring about what his career average is.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm going to murder whoever botched Pekka's surgery. Are we offensively challenged? Yes. But there is NO replacing the difference he makes when he's in net. Even if it's just the belief that there's room for error, he makes a difference. The guys can say anything they want but there's no confidence in the goaltending right now. Pekka wins games for us through the course of a season when our offense isn't clicking. Since he's been out, I'm not sure that's happened one single time.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Life has gotten in the way and I've (mercifully) missed all of the last three games. What's the issue? Lack of talent? Lack of system? Lack of effort?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Life has gotten in the way and I've (mercifully) missed all of the last three games. What's the issue? Lack of talent? Lack of system? Lack of effort?

I know there's more to the game than goaltending, but that's my biggest complaint. It's been as unreliable as I've seen in years. Think Mason last year caused nervousness? Ha......

With that said, we've been okay at creating offensive possession and chances, but just can't capitalize. Nothing shocking.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
We're currently in a three-way tie for fifth in the division. Dallas is idle tonight and moves ahead of us on games in hand. If Winnipeg gets a point against Detroit tonight (currently 1-1 halfway through the third), we'll be last in the division. We have the worst scoring offense in the West BY FAR, and our scoring defense is third-worst.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We're currently in a three-way tie for fifth in the division. Dallas is idle tonight and moves ahead of us on games in hand. If Winnipeg gets a point against Detroit tonight (currently 1-1 halfway through the third), we'll be last in the division. We have the worst scoring offense in the West BY FAR, and our scoring defense is third-worst.

The frustrating thing is that the team remains in the hunt and has shown it is capable of much better play than we've seen in the past three games.

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville
When you spend as much as we did in free agency this offseason with little to show for it it makes you wonder why we signed the guys we did. Nystrom has been a big surprise but the other three have been useless any way you look at it. I'm tired of seeing boring hockey. The fact that I continually fall asleep during games is not a good sign. I loved watching games. Honestly, I'm indifferent now. This team is lackluster.

I want to wake up tomorrow to a world where the only Shea Weber is an angry Shea Weber. Him playing with a level head is boring. Get mad. Get angry. Your teammates will follow. I want a team with an edge. Our grinders are lame. They hit but they don't HIT. I want fun games to watch. Can Gaustad be any more awkward when he skates?

Amen!!! A world where the only Shea is Angry Shea is the kind of world I want to live in!

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
The frustrating thing is that the team remains in the hunt and has shown it is capable of much better play than we've seen in the past three games.

Capable of better play? What game did this team play that showed you they can play good hockey?

10/22 - shutout by the Wild
10/24 - squeaked out a SO win against mighty Winnipeg
10/26 - blown out by St. Louis
10/31 - choked away a huge lead and lost via SO to Phoenix
11/2 - squeaked out a win vs. LA
11/6 - decent win. CO still got 4 goals on them
11/8 - blown out and shut out by Winnipeg
11/10 - blown out and shut out by NJ
11/12 - very nearly shut out for the 3rd straight game by NYI

So I disagree that this team is capable of better play that what we are seeing. This team is what it is.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013

Clune (0 points in 9 GP)

Grabovski, who this team could have picked up for no assets, only has 17 pts through 19 games. But hey we have Matt Cullen! :shakehead

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Grabovski, who this team could have picked up for no assets, only has 17 pts through 19 games. But hey we have Matt Cullen! :shakehead

Yeah, i am sure Grabovski was sleeping with his phone under the pillow waiting for Poile to call. They have to want to play here first.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Yeah, i am sure Grabovski was sleeping with his phone under the pillow waiting for Poile to call. They have to want to play here first.

He had a valid contract. You think Weber wants to play here? Yet they matched that horrific offer sheet. Grabbo would have gotten paid here if Poile would have picked him up - he would not have had the choice.

If premier forwards won't sign here as UFAs, then you have to use what methods you can to get one - be it trade/waivers/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad