The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Sorry, I am just not sold on Ellis. I don't think his Offense out weighs his Defense. He is easily played against by bigger Offensive players from other teams. He can't move anyone off the puck or out of the crease (Coyle goal). And I do agree that what we do with Franson will determine what happens with either Ellis and/or Jones. Many questions about the D corps over the off season.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Sorry, I am just not sold on Ellis. I don't think his Offense out weighs his Defense. He is easily played against by bigger Offensive players from other teams. He can't move anyone off the puck or out of the crease (Coyle goal). And I do agree that what we do with Franson will determine what happens with either Ellis and/or Jones. Many questions about the D corps over the off season.

That's why I proposed to trade him before his injury. His stock was high and I'm not sold on him either.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
it's almost a sure thing we don't make a strong attempt to re-sign franson like many think we will. his demands on the UFA market won't be matched by us, as it would tie up too large a percentage of our money on the backend. you just don't tie up that much money on a number 4 or 6 d-man. and besides not 1 in 20 UFA players re-sign with the team that picked them up at the trade deadline anyway. no he was just a rental miscalculation somehow thinking he would magically fit in with our strangely perceived need we needed a redundant d-man. don't expect either him or santo to be here next year. (or more likely below)

my gut tells me tells me we brought him in thinking we could/would swing a deal of either Ellis or Jones with either EDM for a center or to TOR for Kessel and the price either were demanding just got too high or Ellis's injury at the time kept a deal from going thru. it's really the only thing that made this deal make any kind of good hockey sense to me.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
it's almost a sure thing we don't make a strong attempt to re-sign franson like many think we will. his demands on the UFA market won't be matched by us, as it would tie up too large a percentage of our money on the backend. you just don't tie up that much money on a number 4 or 6 d-man. and besides not 1 in 20 UFA players re-sign with the team that picked them up at the trade deadline anyway. no he was just a rental miscalculation somehow thinking he would magically fit in with our strangely perceived need we needed a redundant d-man. don't expect either him or santo to be here next year. (or more likely below)

my gut tells me tells me we brought him in thinking we could/would swing a deal of either Ellis or Jones with either EDM for a center or to TOR for Kessel and the price either were demanding just got too high or Ellis's injury at the time kept a deal from going thru. it's really the only thing that made this deal make any kind of good hockey sense to me.

I always saw franson as a rental. Maybe I'm wrong?

I'm hoping GMDP can package a deal with Ellis++ for a younger emerging #1 center in the offseason.

True #1 centers usually don't ever go to the free market.

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
Cheese and rice! Have you seen these lines from today's practice?

Thursday’s trios and pairings were as follows:

Forwards:

Wilson – Ribeiro – Bourque

Cullen – Fisher – Smith

Forsberg – Jarnkrok – Stalberg

Beck – Gaustad – Santorelli

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

Forwards:

Cullen – Fisher – Smith

A bit discouraging if Lavy is already at the "throw **** against the wall and see what sticks" phase.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm sure there is some reasoning behind it that just from looking at it doesn't make sense. Its practice, which isn't always an indication of anything.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
With the poor play of the top lines Lavi has been putting out there im not surprised.:help:

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014

Forwards:

Cullen – Fisher – Smith

I actually love these lines and here is why. They look really screwed up due to Bourque being on the 1st line, but he is really just a placeholder for Neal. Once Neal returns, Bourque goes back to his 4th line spot.

Cullen-Fisher-Smith was a really good line and should have never been broken up. For whatever reason, Cullen makes Smith much better. Having Cullen on one of the top two lines frees up one of our true top-6 wings to play on the 3rd line, hopefully spreading the scoring around.

I like Forsberg on the 3rd line because he plays so well just making things happen on his own. Jarnkrok is defensively responsible which allows Forsberg to just do his thing. Stalberg has played well enough to stick in the line-up.

Santorelli has been bad. His play has earned him a spot in the pressbox. With Neal out, he can play on the 4th line.

When Neal returns the lines look like this:

Wilson – Ribeiro – Neal

Cullen – Fisher – Smith

Forsberg – Jarnkrok/Santorelli – Stalberg

Beck – Gaustad – Bourque

Feel better now?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I actually love these lines and here is why. They look really screwed up due to Bourque being on the 1st line, but he is really just a placeholder for Neal. Once Neal returns, Bourque goes back to his 4th line spot.

Cullen-Fisher-Smith was a really good line and should have never been broken up. For whatever reason, Cullen makes Smith much better. Having Cullen on one of the top two lines frees up one of our true top-6 wings to play on the 3rd line, hopefully spreading the scoring around.

I like Forsberg on the 3rd line because he plays so well just making things happen on his own. Jarnkrok is defensively responsible which allows Forsberg to just do his thing. Stalberg has played well enough to stick in the line-up.

Santorelli has been bad. His play has earned him a spot in the pressbox. With Neal out, he can play on the 4th line.

When Neal returns the lines look like this:

Wilson – Ribeiro – Neal

Cullen – Fisher – Smith

Forsberg – Jarnkrok/Santorelli – Stalberg

Beck – Gaustad – Bourque

Feel better now?

Actually no. And with Wilson leaving practice yesterday options just got worse. Also do not see how putting Forsberg on a line with Stalberg and Hook improves anything. Forsberg has been trying to do too much as is it. And while he will not be seeing the top shutdown lines he will not be effective with those two. But there has to be something done hopefully something clicks soon.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Is it at all possible for us to drop to a wildcard spot? Because I'll take it if it means us not having to face Chicago. :laugh:

You'd rather the Ducks or Blues? I sure as hell wouldn't. The way this team has been playing, a Kane-less Chicago might be one of the few teams we could sneak by, even with their success of late.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
30lgvn8.jpg

Hated to include Fisher, but he does have an A on his sweater.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
BUMP->>

[Sarcasm] Good to have Neal, Weber and Cullen back, they made a difference. [/SARCASM] First time a Stars back-up goalie wins in ??????. At least a 6 on 5 goal was scored, been a while. Guess Neal was on the ice.

When Olli Jokinen left he took our moJo and left a pile of lessJo stinking up the locker room.

The highlight of the trade would have been if we threw in #ShutupStu, that would have been an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad