The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
I have a gripe.

Where is the big captain? When was the last time that you saw him show some emotion? Smash a puck on net? Make a big momentum changing hit? Talk to a teammate on the ice? Do anything besides glare at the center ice face off dot from the other end of the rink?

I just don't see the leadership in either action or word form.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I like to think of myself as a patient, logical and hopeful fan but even I have to admit at this point I don't see that this team has what it takes. Maybe they get some breaks and win one round but that's probably it. I love the Preds but I invest so much in them emotionally I'm going to step back a bit as the playoffs approach and not expect anything or put to much of myself into it. If they surprise I'll be ecstatic but I just don't see it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Part of me is hoping when the time comes and they play someone like Chicago that it will give them that spark they have seemed to not have for a while now.

That said, Weber has been pretty damn bad and a non-factor for a good long while now. It is never a good thing when your Captain isn't showing up.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Even in some of the painful years this organization has had, I'm not sure if I've ever derived less enjoyment from watching games than I have over the last 10-15. How utterly deflating after the way the season had gone up until that point. :(

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I would have rather they sucked this badly all year than what we're going through right now. Dreams of banners. Dreams of cups. I'm more excited watching the magical magnetic beer filling contraptions now than I am the hockey game.

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
Since when do the Wild have traveling fans? How are we such a magnet for bandwagonners?

::yells from the top of the standings:: LOOOOK OUT BELOOOOOOWWWW!

::starts singing:: Aaand I'm freeee...freeeee falliiinnnnng

Last edited:

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
For ****s sake preds, get your **** together!

You know, I can understand one, two, maybe even three guys going cold at the same time, but the entire team, for a month?

I thought we were over this March collapse stuff. Guess not.

What really makes me mad though is I think it's our destiny to have to play chicago in the first round. And I'm afraid that a lot of people are choosing to not buy playoff tickets based on how the team is currently playing and that all the drunk ogre hawk fans will end up buying them all and negating any type of home ice advantage we may have.

I can't stand this!!
Uuuuuggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just bring back the good predators! :cry: :pullhair:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Since when do the Wild have traveling fans? How are we such a magnet for bandwagonners?
It's St. Patrick's Day in a party city so I'm sure some of them made a trip down from Minnesota for a couple days, and with the city growing as fast as it is there are fans of every team who live here now. I work across from a hotel downtown and I already saw 5 or 6 of them walking out of the lobby yesterday at like 11am.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Back to the negativity. Thru 71 games

2.56 GF60 2.16 GA60

last year 2.40 GF60 and 2.62 GA60

Now I think we expected more from Lavi's system n the GF and the additions. Since Jan 1 GF has dropped from 2.60 to 2.56 so the recent events has not been the reason for the continued struggle. If goal by defensemen were factored out I would get ugly. The dramatic decrease in GA is a no brainer even though Pekka has struggled recently.

The glaring question is where does Poile go from here. He was tasked to make the playoffs well they are limping in. As someone pointed out perhaps Franson is going to be resigned freeing up moving Jones. That still laves Ellis playing on the 3rd pair a would be more valuable to be moved. We have Neal and FF9 locked up for the top 6. you have to think Fish and Ribs will both be back. Smith and Wilson are the wildcards are they players Lavi can push to 25 or more goals??? I have to think one of them will be moved. Especially if Jones is moved for that young potential 1C Poile packages Ellis and either Smith or Wilson or a upgrade on he Wing to play 2nd line.

This is not blowing the team up it is repositioning into a balanced team.

FF9-Ribs-Neal
Wilson or Smith Fish New wing from (Ellis Smith-Wilson trade)
Fiala- Young 1C from Jones trade-Arvidsson
Goose and take your pic

Weber-Josi
Eck-Franson
Sign 2 F/A that play defense first not have visions of being top pair
Keep AV

No all of this is mute if there is no plan to keep Franson. Its also too many young players for my liking next year as well. But at some point there needs to be a more balanced team. And there will be someone who will outcry what about Hook at this point I would move the guy for a pick.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Y'all do realize that Nashville is a "destination city", in the same vein as Las Vegas, Orlando, and Los Angeles, right?

We types up here go to those places for more than just hockey.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
The absolute worst thing to happen to us would be dropping down to the 8AFPOS, getting swept in the playoffs, and that 1st rounder that we gave to TO for Franson/Santo ends up being the lottery-winner.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
The absolute worst thing to happen to us would be dropping down to the 8AFPOS, getting swept in the playoffs, and that 1st rounder that we gave to TO for Franson/Santo ends up being the lottery-winner.

Oh Lawed I would lose my cookies then.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Back to the negativity. Thru 71 games

2.56 GF60 2.16 GA60

last year 2.40 GF60 and 2.62 GA60

Now I think we expected more from Lavi's system n the GF and the additions. Since Jan 1 GF has dropped from 2.60 to 2.56 so the recent events has not been the reason for the continued struggle. If goal by defensemen were factored out I would get ugly. The dramatic decrease in GA is a no brainer even though Pekka has struggled recently.

The glaring question is where does Poile go from here. He was tasked to make the playoffs well they are limping in. As someone pointed out perhaps Franson is going to be resigned freeing up moving Jones. That still laves Ellis playing on the 3rd pair a would be more valuable to be moved. We have Neal and FF9 locked up for the top 6. you have to think Fish and Ribs will both be back. Smith and Wilson are the wildcards are they players Lavi can push to 25 or more goals??? I have to think one of them will be moved. Especially if Jones is moved for that young potential 1C Poile packages Ellis and either Smith or Wilson or a upgrade on he Wing to play 2nd line.

This is not blowing the team up it is repositioning into a balanced team.

FF9-Ribs-Neal
Wilson or Smith Fish New wing from (Ellis Smith-Wilson trade)
Fiala- Young 1C from Jones trade-Arvidsson
Goose and take your pic

Weber-Josi
Eck-Franson
Sign 2 F/A that play defense first not have visions of being top pair
Keep AV

No all of this is mute if there is no plan to keep Franson. Its also too many young players for my liking next year as well. But at some point there needs to be a more balanced team. And there will be someone who will outcry what about Hook at this point I would move the guy for a pick.
I could see Franson being re-signed as a prelude to moving one of Jones/Ellis, but would be shocked to see both moved. I don't think it really makes long-term sense either. Franson isn't a great fit for Lavy's system, certainly not like Ellis or Jones are. If you keep Franson to free up one of them for trade bait, fine, but to trade both away in favor of keeping an offense-only d-man that's a poor fit for the system being used?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I could see Franson being re-signed as a prelude to moving one of Jones/Ellis, but would be shocked to see both moved. I don't think it really makes long-term sense either. Franson isn't a great fit for Lavy's system, certainly not like Ellis or Jones are. If you keep Franson to free up one of them for trade bait, fine, but to trade both away in favor of keeping an offense-only d-man that's a poor fit for the system being used?

I understand your point but we do have Josi and Weber 50 and high 40 point defensemen. Franson will be a 40 guy as well so theres not a shortage of firepower. The issue is upgrading the forwards and that nagging need for the 1C. If Ellis is traded this offseason it does not change the fact that Jones is not going to sit behind Weber forever yes he will be here until hes a UFA and then we get Sutered again. With Weber and Josi theres little doubt that defensemen we bring thru the system will develop. And if Franson is there guy theres no need for a replacement for a few years whereas the opportunity is there now to retool and get the offense that Lavi needs and still have more D than he has ever had. That or take another direction in system or coach.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I understand your point but we do have Josi and Weber 50 and high 40 point defensemen. Franson will be a 40 guy as well so theres not a shortage of firepower. The issue is upgrading the forwards and that nagging need for the 1C. If Ellis is traded this offseason it does not change the fact that Jones is not going to sit behind Weber forever yes he will be here until hes a UFA and then we get Sutered again. With Weber and Josi theres little doubt that defensemen we bring thru the system will develop. And if Franson is there guy theres no need for a replacement for a few years whereas the opportunity is there now to retool and get the offense that Lavi needs and still have more D than he has ever had. That or take another direction in system or coach.

As great as Weber/Josi are, I think you suck that much talent out of the back-end and we're just not as potent a team, regardless of who you bring in up front. Franson scares the hell out of me in a top 4 role, and Eckholm really hasn't looked all that great since Ellis first got hurt. I think if you have to move one of Jones/Ellis, then so be it, but the other will still have a rather significant role to play in the organization going forward.

I also still we're over-hyping the concern on Jones wanting to bolt. He has yet to prove himself a consistent and steady top 4, there's time yet before he's prepared to shoulder a top pairing role. From a value standpoint, though, I do prefer to move him over Ellis.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
As great as Weber/Josi are, I think you suck that much talent out of the back-end and we're just not as potent a team, regardless of who you bring in up front. Franson scares the hell out of me in a top 4 role, and Eckholm really hasn't looked all that great since Ellis first got hurt. I think if you have to move one of Jones/Ellis, then so be it, but the other will still have a rather significant role to play in the organization going forward.

I also still we're over-hyping the concern on Jones wanting to bolt. He has yet to prove himself a consistent and steady top 4, there's time yet before he's prepared to shoulder a top pairing role. From a value standpoint, though, I do prefer to move him over Ellis.
The question will be is moving Ellis plus prospects a safer move than a package involving Jones as the main piece. Jones being so young puts everyone in a pickle because while he doesn't look that great a lot of the time right now at age 20, thinking he'll be anything less than solid top 4 material when he's like....22 or 23 is probably being very naive. In other words, there's almost no doubt in my mind he'll be better than Ellis now when Jones is that age. The problem is that the Jones of this exact moment isn't terribly appealing to a lot of people and we're willing to mortgage the defensive future for a fix now. Is that the answer? Hell if I know.

dougie1107

Jul 6, 2012
Memphis
We're not really mortgaging the future by trading Jones. Ellis was already a solid #3 before the injury and is still not in his prime. Ekholm was looking pretty good next to him, especially right before the injury. He's also still not in his prime. We have no reason to think Weber doesn't have a lot of good years left considering his very short injury history (played every game this year, played all 48 in the lockout year, and has played at least 78 games in all the other seasons besides his rookie year and 07-08). And decent third pairing guys show up every year during FA or can be traded for for a pretty cheap price.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
We're not really mortgaging the future by trading Jones. Ellis was already a solid #3 before the injury and is still not in his prime. Ekholm was looking pretty good next to him, especially right before the injury. He's also still not in his prime. We have no reason to think Weber doesn't have a lot of good years left considering his very short injury history (played every game this year, played all 48 in the lockout year, and has played at least 78 games in all the other seasons besides his rookie year and 07-08). And decent third pairing guys show up every year during FA or can be traded for for a pretty cheap price.

Yeah but what I'm saying is (in my totally and completely unbiased opinion. sarcasm.) that Jones in his prime will be better than Ellis in his prime and that isn't exactly going out on a limb, as it's basically inevitable unless he's a total bust. I'm not trying to sell Ellis short, that's just how I see it. Jones will also likely have a much larger span of years in which he's playing at a top level. Ellis is 24 and we're just starting to see it from him. I don't think Jones will take that long, and when he does he'll be at a higher level. As far as playing with Ekholm, I think for the most part both have looked good with him on the second pair. I think we basically just have 2 second pair RHD and one spot to use them. One is more solid right now, and one has the higher ceiling. Good problem to have but it is what it is I guess.

dougie1107

Jul 6, 2012
Memphis
I don't think it will make much of a difference when they are both on the second pair. Ellis has a 45 point upside IMO (if he hadn't gotten injured he'd be on pace for 35 with what's been a dreadful power play this season), which is typically how much the best #3's put up in a season. His defensive game is almost there already. The composure, positioning, and possession game are there already.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I don't think it will make much of a difference when they are both on the second pair. Ellis has a 45 point upside IMO (if he hadn't gotten injured he'd be on pace for 35 with what's been a dreadful power play this season), which is typically how much the best #3's put up in a season. His defensive game is almost there already. The composure, positioning, and possession game are there already.

Except he gets run the frig over in the Defensive Zone.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Like I said before it all hinges on Faso what will be done with the defensemen. If Poile signs Franson one of the two is gone likely draft day. If it Eliis then we will be wihtout both long term. There is no way Jones sits behind Weber until hes 26 or 27 and if you think about it you will agree. So in three yea when Jones is in full stud mode you rade Weber after already payin him a mint front loaded? Do you keep Jones and Ellis and trade Weber before July 1 to address the offense. I do not see any avenue to improve he O without moving two guys that are playing 3rdpair for us and other teams would pay nice to obtain. I think that to be the worse asset mgmt especially when you have went out and changed coaches to take that next step. Here coach have Trotz D damn there the best I the league, but sorry Roy, Jokinen Ribs and Neal will have to do til the kids grow up and our world class goalie gets too old to be elite anymore. If they do that the team will remain a bubble team until Fish and Rib retire Pekka becomes less effective and Weber demands a trade. Hell if Erat can demand a trade a elite Defeseman who signed an offersheet to cash in will not hesitate to play for a cup and a Norris somewhere that can put team together(my guess Detroit).

This window is short due to Rinnes age and yes he is a major factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad