The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I hate this team.

I think Weber is still hurt.

I think Laviolette is a terrible coach

I think Housley is massively overrated.

And Mitch Korn was the reason our goalies were all awesome..

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Well do we trade them? If so the few obvious options seem to be Thornton and Kessel.

If Toronto would give us Kessel for Smith and Wilson I would do that in a heartbeat and would even add a pic or lower level prospect. I would happily trade for thornton, but I suspect after seeing how this season has gone he wouldn't wave to come here.

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
The fans have done our part. We bought the jerseys, sold out the arena, waved the towels, and this is what we get to see as the season winds down: turds circling the bowl.

Weber had a brutal game tonight. Nobody had any fire. Could you tell that the division banner was still in reach? I couldn't.

Lavy waited until the game was over to call a timeout so that he could do some coaching. We were already down by two and the clock was about out.

Rinne suddenly gets beat by every backup goalie in the league.

The second period collapses are beyond embarrassing.

Tell me we don't have one better option on the point than Seth jones?!

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Lavi is signed for 5 years. You are going to have to restructure this team to enable his system. Smith and Wison are not going to bring back the offensive players Lavi will require. I think the Moses signing today has Lavis signature all over it. As I said earlier in the day Moses and Fiala will Join Neal and FF on the wings in the top 6. Unless riberio wants a big contract you resign him and look to move one of Weber Josi or Jones for that young 1C to develop and fill that spot when Ribs does move on. At this point you have to look at trading Pekka as well It is doubtful that they will have a team that can make a deep run before Pekkas relinquished to the veteran back-up role. If it were me I would Move Weber and Rinne for a ransom for each and Get the young quality pieces to compete in a couple years.

Ohh and I would outbid all the other teams in the Vesy bidding as well.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
For as much credit as he got for the first 3/4 of the season, when does Lavy start getting some **** for the last two months? Even at 104 points, folks would be running Trotz out of town with pitchforks by now.

1stLineCottonCandy

Apr 7, 2013
Chattanooga
Lavi is signed for 5 years. You are going to have to restructure this team to enable his system. Smith and Wison are not going to bring back the offensive players Lavi will require. I think the Moses signing today has Lavis signature all over it. As I said earlier in the day Moses and Fiala will Join Neal and FF on the wings in the top 6. Unless riberio wants a big contract you resign him and look to move one of Weber Josi or Jones for that young 1C to develop and fill that spot when Ribs does move on. At this point you have to look at trading Pekka as well It is doubtful that they will have a team that can make a deep run before Pekkas relinquished to the veteran back-up role. If it were me I would Move Weber and Rinne for a ransom for each and Get the young quality pieces to compete in a couple years.

Ohh and I would outbid all the other teams in the Vesy bidding as well.

The Vessy situation will come down to who will offer him a top line role and I am not sure if we have room on the wing right now to offer that. As for the young 1c are there any candidates, I know Edmonton has a dumpster full of them.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
It may indeed have been time for Trotz to go, but he has that team hitting on all cylinders right now while the guy we hired can't coach himself outta' a wet sack.

Neal - quite the sniper, eh? I keep reading all this about Smith sucks and Wilson sucks but they have about as many goals and more assists than the sniper wearing the A. And smith backchecks pretty decently and willy will bang around and neal - what is it again he does?

Heartless leadership continues - jeez, Franson may suck, but at least he was out there trying tonight - which is definitely more than you can say about our 1st pair.

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
It may indeed have been time for Trotz to go, but he has that team hitting on all cylinders right now while the guy we hired can't coach himself outta' a wet sack.

Neal - quite the sniper, eh? I keep reading all this about Smith sucks and Wilson sucks but they have about as many goals and more assists than the sniper wearing the A. And smith backchecks pretty decently and willy will bang around and neal - what is it again he does?

Heartless leadership continues - jeez, Franson may suck, but at least he was out there trying tonight - which is definitely more than you can say about our 1st pair.

I learned the hard way, don't criticize Neal around here. He is awesome and it is no reason for concern that he disappears for 20 games at a time because he creates match ups for other teams.:sarcasm:

dougie1107

Jul 6, 2012
Memphis
Neal is scoring at a near-30 goal pace. He's doing what we brought him in to do. I also think he has looked really good since coming back from injury.

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
Don't misunderstand me, Neal is a talented and dynamic kind of player that we have seldom had. But our offense deserves some criticism. It is awesome that he is nearing 30, great that Wilson is having a career year, fantastic for Smith to go over 20.

But the truth is, our team defense and goaltending has been subpar and we have needed these guys to drive us to wins and they all go cold at that same time or vanish for stretches. I'm not asking for them to be Ovechkin but a little consistency would have gone a long way this season,

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Oh I think the coaching staff definitely wears some of the blame, especially for the PP. They have done nothing to adjust it, and even worse no one can explain how the hell or why Josi and Weber would both be on the second unit, its bloody freaking insane.

Weber hasn't been Weber.
Rinne hasn't been Rinne for the last half.
Jones, Forsberg, and Ribs all try and get too fancy instead of just making the smart play.
I think it was pretty obvious tonight that Wilson's success may have been less about Wilson, and more about Fisher.

I no longer have a problem trading Weber or Jones. We need to find someone to replace Rinne, something tells me he isn't going to last much longer.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I just don't understand what happens between the first and second periods! GAMES ARE 60 ****ING MINUTES!!!

DAMMIT GET YOUR ****ING **** TOGETHER YOU *******S! YOU PISSED AWAY THE REGULAR SEASON, NOW IS YOUR SECOND CHANCE TO FINISH THIS SEASON RIGHT!!!!

When the other team scores they should just put two up on the board. It's almost automatic the other team scores 2 super quick.

Everything was in their hands and they just pissed it all away. And to top it off now freaking calgary has become the darling and, according to some opinions, just won the jack adams and calder and maybe the norris.

Last edited:

MattPreds37

Apr 8, 2010
Goodlettsville TN
I just can't figure out what happened. How did we get so bad so quickly? Other than the fact I thought the Maple Leafs trade was abmissal, I can see how we fell apart. I think its Poiles turn to go. Why would you go get players to win a cup with little to no playoff experience? This is typical when the winners of the world are grabbing big stoppers and guys who put goals in the net, Poile looks to make a team that looks a little better on paper, which was wrong and we turned into the Maple Leafs.

This team needed a Ric Flair. The dirtiest player in the game but a 16 time world heavyweight champion. Someone willing to do what it takes to win and not flounder in the midcard. Instead we get filler, nothing changes. Next week, my least favorite cereal will be in town, a lower bowl full of red jerseys to buy up all our tickets, and clap during our national anthem and generally waste my money. But hey, you cant blame them,they are walking that line, one more time and to be the man, you gotta be the man, Wooooo!

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I just can't figure out what happened. How did we get so bad so quickly? Other than the fact I thought the Maple Leafs trade was abmissal, I can see how we fell apart. I think its Poiles turn to go. Why would you go get players to win a cup with little to no playoff experience? This is typical when the winners of the world are grabbing big stoppers and guys who put goals in the net, Poile looks to make a team that looks a little better on paper, which was wrong and we turned into the Maple Leafs.

This team needed a Ric Flair. The dirtiest player in the game but a 16 time world heavyweight champion. Someone willing to do what it takes to win and not flounder in the midcard. Instead we get filler, nothing changes. Next week, my least favorite cereal will be in town, a lower bowl full of red jerseys to buy up all our tickets, and clap during our national anthem and generally waste my money. But hey, you cant blame them,they are walking that line, one more time and to be the man, you gotta be the man, Wooooo!

Nailed it right there ... and agreed it is time for Poile to go

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

Honestly nothing really happened. The hot first half cooled off due to Rinne taking a step back after being injured and the rookie coming back to earth. We bouight ion when things were rolling and the team was winning one goal games, and we expected it to continue. Last night I think it was Terry who pointed out that the team was involved in 49 one goal games for the year. A team record.

I was encouraged that Poile went out and got Neal in the offseason and purchased tickets due to that and the Lavi hire. Even though I still do not think it was the right move to bring Lavi here. The roster did not fit the mould of a Lavi team. He got what he could out of the forwards but it has not been enough to overcome the defensive change he supported. Just not a good fit. Now this offseason I expect that there will be players snagged that will.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
A different strand of negativity...

Sean Monahan has 31 goals and 62 points. I sure hope Seth becomes the "second coming," because I wouldn't mind adding a 60-point "two-way center" to the current lineup at all.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Patience, Iron Duke - no less an authority than David Poile said he's never seen a young Dman so ready and he was clearly the best in the draft class..... Yep, the same David Poile that said how Co*y Franson had become one of the top Dmen in the nhl - why you snickering?

Everyone said it was Trotz - Trotz couldn't get the guys to play O, he always thought D first - I say BS (and I point to everyone saying Trotz couldn't get Ovy to play, or that his production would crater, too). It was Poile. Poile drafted. Poile traded. Poile signed free agents. Poile is the one who failed to bring in the O talent; Poile is the one that gave a first for Goose and then signed a 4th line C to that contract. Poile is the one who signed Hendricks and Nystrom to those contracts; who said Cullen was the kinda' guy we needed to nurture our young guys. Poile's talent is being able to get better talent on a budget than you'd expect, to find useful parts in the recycle bins; he's not the GM to build a team with the talent Lavi needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad