OT: The Music Thread Part Six

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Meteora is 20 years old 😳

I give that album roughly 33% of the credit for getting me through my junior and senior years of high school.
C86B8668-C2D7-4F65-88C4-1FE50D08E895.jpeg

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Our make shift band have been playing this song. Awesome tune! On The Beach one of my favourite Neil albums.

First time hearing this...Beauty!

One of my favorite Neil albums. Great stuff, and the cover photo says it all. You can't really see it because the picture resolution isn't much, but the discarded newspaper features a headline about Watergate.

1677437243343.png

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
LOVE The Flying Burrito Brothers. This is probably my favorite of theirs. Everly Brothers-style vocal harmony and just a great song, period:

Sin City - The Flying Burrito Brothers

I'll have a listen. Unbelievably, I've never listened to the Burrito boys. Thanks for posting.

As for the Everly's, Phil & Don were... sublime. Probably the greatest harmonies ever, and I am including John & Paul in my assessment,

Last edited:

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
I'll have a listen. Unbelievably, I've never listened to the Burrito boys. Thanks for posting.

As for the Everly's, Phil & Don were... sublime. Probably the greatest harmonies ever, and I am including John & Paul in my assessment

Regarding the Burritos, it's understandable you haven't listened to them. The "classic" lineup with Gram Parsons was here and gone practically in the blink of an eye. They lasted for two albums and that was it.

Regarding the Everly Brothers, I absolutely agree with you. Both were top-notch singers, and to top that off they had that "brother telepathy" going on that gave them that extra element. John and Paul were heavily influenced by the Everly Brothers, and I guarantee you that they would both agree with us wholeheartedly. A quick little side note: The Everlys' golden era was way before my time. I listen to lots of music at work, and many of my co-workers are older people who can't believe I listen to the Everlys. I just tell 'em that it all boils down to cool parents and good taste!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad