OT: The Movie/TV/Streaming Thread

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
We'll see but if Napoleon was any indication, this sequel by Scott will probably come up short...despite the cast.

I can safely say that of all movies in the last 25 years I'd expect there to be a sequel to, this was not one of them.

Crazy they got Denzel for this movie though, so who knows.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
We'll see but if Napoleon was any indication, this sequel by Scott will probably come up short...despite the cast.

Denzel seems to be like "I got no idea why I'm in this movie, but I'm gonna play the same character as if it was the 21st century" lol

But it still wouldn't be as crazy as one proposed Gladiator sequel that was written by a friend of Russel Crowe's that the studio ultimately rejected. In it Maximus is selected by the Roman Gods to be their champion. He's sent to fight wars on their behalf, attempts to assassinate Jesus Christ because the Roman Gods are losing their 'powers' because of the spread of Christianity and because he fails I think he's then cursed to fight in endless wars on Earth showing him in the Crusades, Revolutionary War, World Wars, Vietnam, etc...

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Ridley Scott is washed up

Ridley Scott has made 1 good movie since 2007. A couple meh ones. He’s just going through the motions with pointless tentpoles and endless sequels, staving off retirement. He won’t even make a smaller scale movie; he’s abusing his budget privileges. I’m not even a huge Ridley Scott guy, but he’s Erik Johnson out there right now.

George Miller is 79, and he has the vision and creativity of someone half his age. Ridley is 86.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ridley Scott has made 1 good movie since 2007. A couple meh ones. He’s just going through the motions with pointless tentpoles and endless sequels, staving off retirement. He won’t even make a smaller scale movie; he’s abusing his budget privileges. I’m not even a huge Ridley Scott guy, but he’s Erik Johnson out there right now.

George Miller is 79, and he has the vision and creativity of someone half his age. Ridley is 86.
You couldnt have summed it up any better.

I'l give him 2 good movies since then, The Martian and Prometheus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad