OT: The Movie/TV/Streaming Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Guess I will bookmark this series since Yellowstone is stuck in limbo due to Costner's departure..

Man. Looks like Billy Bob Thornton's character took quite a turn. Quitting NASA and deciding to go into drilling after those drillers blew up that asteroid.

Reactions: Embiid

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Just watched The Battle of Algiers, fantastic 1966 film about the uprising against the French in Algiers during the Algerian war in the 1950s. This guy, Saadi Yacef - Wikipedia, not only played one of the main characters in the film, he was actually one of the leaders of the group that led the resistance. The movie is an adaptation of the memoir he wrote while he was in prison.

The Battle of Algiers - Wikipedia

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Just watched The Battle of Algiers, fantastic 1966 film about the uprising against the French in Algiers during the Algerian war in the 1950s. This guy, Saadi Yacef - Wikipedia, not only played one of the main characters in the film, he was actually one of the leaders of the group that led the resistance. The movie is an adaptation of the memoir he wrote while he was in prison.

The Battle of Algiers - Wikipedia
Yup...that is a classic Italian neorealist film by Pontecorvo. It was even screened during the Iraq war by the Pentagon to show how you may win militarily but still lose hearts and minds. Actually it's been used as a tactical guidbook of sorts for insurgencies. It is really relevant today with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict..

Reactions: Jack Straw

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I saw Beetlejuice Beetlejuice last night with the wife and kid. We all enjoyed it. Not as good as the original but had the same chaotic energy. Some of the choices worked for me more than others but Burton took some big swings which I appreciate. Had a massive weekend at the box office.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I saw Beetlejuice Beetlejuice last night with the wife and kid. We all enjoyed it. Not as good as the original but had the same chaotic energy. Some of the choices worked for me more than others but Burton took some big swings which I appreciate. Had a massive weekend at the box office.
I saw it yesterday and have pretty much the same thoughts. I wish they had done more with Delores. Her opening scene was so cool, then she only shows up about 3 more times before the climax. That's a criminal waste of Monica Bellucci.

Reactions: Rebels57

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
so i am on a kick atm of specific watching..as I stated earlier I was watching this show on Amazon called Lethal Three...was quite enjoyable really..but they only have 1 season of it

so my request is..any good samurai flicks/shows..prefer something a bit more light/humorous but not a straight comedy

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
so i am on a kick atm of specific watching..as I stated earlier I was watching this show on Amazon called Lethal Three...was quite enjoyable really..but they only have 1 season of it

so my request is..any good samurai flicks/shows..prefer something a bit more light/humorous but not a straight comedy

If a modern person (in 1999) following the ways of the Samurai counts, then Ghost Dog.

Reactions: trostol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad