The most biased color comentators in the league

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Craig Simpson.
He has his entire head shoved up the Leafs ass so far each shoulder is touching the ass cheeks.
During broadcasts ... the other team does not exist. Rarely mentioned.

When the Habs beat the leafs last year in the playoffs I honestly thought he was going to have a total mental breakdown.
He's not as bad as the bruins guys who are by far the worst pair in pro sports when it comes to bias and sheer idiocy.

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
I’ve never understood the hate for Hayward. He’s not the greatest color guy, but he is far from being obese the top of the list when it comes to bias. Hell, I personally think our neighbor color guy, Fox, is more biased.

gimbznyr

Jul 23, 2021
Sam's and Joe for whoever the rangers are playing against. In some games it feels like the rangers are an afterthought for them haha

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Frosted Tips

Zegras for president
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Not really answering the question here but I really enjoyed Oilers' Sprotsnet crew the last time they played the Ducks. I enjoyed it more that the usual Ducks home crew. I almost felt bad about how complimentary they were towards to opposing team. Can't remember their names anymore but I did check them up back then.

Ray Mercer

Oct 3, 2018
If I could make a list of the top 5 people in the world I’d like to punch in the face Jack Edwards would be on that list. The only TV guy I hated more was Jim Grey. Pete Rose should have dropped him on the spot years ago.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Felix Seguin
99% of posters here don't know him and he's like the scuffed french canadian that does games on saturday and playoffs and everytime habs make a pass or shoot from anywhere it's like a spectacular event and he can't stop to talk about. All players are perfect and all of them are really good and they are only rainbows in Montreal.

When habs score he sounds like someone squeezing his balls , and im not even making this up.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
The other day i was watching a game of team X, the score was 3-3 after two . The color comentator said : after the break we'll show all the goals so far in this game . After the break they showed the goals sure , but they showed only the goals of team X :rolleyes:... The score is 3-3 , the 3rd period is up next .

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Butch Goring is biased but in a lovable old man kind of way
Butch is a homer no doubt about it. He also routinely butchers the names of even his own teams’ players on a regular basis. It’s quite entertaining.

At the same time, he is accurately critical of bad play on the Isles part. He doesn’t hold back. Regrettably he’s had plenty of opportunity to comment on that so far this year.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Caps guy is pretty awful and one of my least favourites - Don't know his name
Bob Errey -RIDICULOUS LEVEL
Brian Hayward -Super Homer
Andy Brickley -Would be rated worse, but Edwards is so TERRIBLE it actually makes Brickley look mellow by comparison
John Garrett
Tyson Nash
Brian Engblom
Darren Pang -though I actually like him
Kelly Hrudey -only when covering Flames games

LazyD

Aug 12, 2006
Vancouver
The Sharks crew I listened to the past few games was just constant whining. For some reason I remember them having a better crew in the past?

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Clear example of we hear what we want to hear. I never once thought a guy who refused to play for the Leafs at one point to be a Leafs homer. Really? You think he is a Leafs homer? I don't believe it.

"we hear what we want to hear"?
No not really. The last time the Bruins played the leafs in the playoffs I had the sound turned down to a whisper if Simpleton and Hughson were on.

"Matthews Matthews Marner Marner Marner Matthews Marner....and Anderson is the world's greatest goalie":confused:

Simpson did not want to be drafted by the leafs. Even that story is not verified. Doesn't mean he hates them if it were true. In fact from what I recall...no one wanted to play with the leafs in the mid 80's due to being such a disaster.
Yet for those who believe the story of Simpson hates the leafs.... they're likely just hearing what they want to hear.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
He's not as bad as the bruins guys who are by far the worst pair in pro sports when it comes to bias and sheer idiocy.
Jack Edwards is horribly biased and a tad deranged..
Andy Brickley on the other hand is there to correct Edwards stupidity.

Bottom line is that NESN is owned by the Bruins and Red Sox. If there is biasness in there reporting it shouldn't be surprising.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Craig Simpson.
He has his entire head shoved up the Leafs ass so far each shoulder is touching the ass cheeks.
During broadcasts ... the other team does not exist. Rarely mentioned.

When the Habs beat the leafs last year in the playoffs I honestly thought he was going to have a total mental breakdown.

This is so wild. Ask any leaf fan how long and agonizing it's been to listen to Simpson/Hughson all these years.

Mental Breakdown? Are you sure you're not talking about yourself?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad