The most biased color comentators in the league

Dean Char

HardcoreoilfanBC
Feb 27, 2021
I listened to a few lighting radio broadcast and thought Esposito was especially bad then I heard Kevin Sawyer tonight and he was one of the worst ones in Canada. He made John Garrett seem enlightened. I don't hear many other bad one as I don't follow other teams especially outside of Canada, what are some others worth mentioning?

Reactions: Devonator

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I’m not normally that guy, but I can’t imagine the answers will have changed much from the other yearly threads, they don’t change people often

Dean Char

HardcoreoilfanBC
Feb 27, 2021
I’m not normally that guy, but I can’t imagine the answers will have changed much from the other yearly threads, they don’t change people often
As I said I don't follow other teams broadcasts so this is new to me.

5minutemajor

Mar 23, 2018
I listened to a few lighting radio broadcast and thought Esposito was especially bad then I heard Kevin Sawyer tonight and he was one of the worst ones in Canada. He made John Garrett seem enlightened. I don't hear many other bad one as I don't follow other teams especially outside of Canada, what are some others worth mentioning?

Please, do mention the team(s) you are writing about. We have no idea.

Reactions: banks

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Craig Simpson.
He has his entire head shoved up the Leafs ass so far each shoulder is touching the ass cheeks.
During broadcasts ... the other team does not exist. Rarely mentioned.

When the Habs beat the leafs last year in the playoffs I honestly thought he was going to have a total mental breakdown.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
The devils commentator is absolutely brutal. I had to mute it
I just imagine I'm listening to Jesse The Body Ventura when I listen to Daneyko hoping to hear Gorilla Monsoon on the other mic.

I'd rather the color guy be biased than the play-by-play guy that the Avs always tend to hire. McNab is actually pretty neutral most of the time.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
i'd even argue that a teams broadcasters SHOULD be a certain level of biased

there's definitely a line somewhere that it kinda tips into ridiculousness beyond though
I want my tv announcers to be like… fun insiders I’m watching the game with. I could enjoy a game with fans of the other team as long as they’re cool. I don’t really need deep analysis either. But give me a heads up when cool shit is happening.

justHypnos

May 4, 2011
Montreal
The devils commentator is absolutely brutal. I had to mute it
Actually I always feel like Daneyko is biased against the Devils. Every time the other team gets a chance the Devils are lucky to get out of there and when the Devils get a chance the other team played really well to diffuse it. Makes it sound like the Devils are just lucky to win anything.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Garrett for sure, but even he's been having a hard time polishing the Canucks' turds. I really can't stand Craig Simpson anymore either, brutal Leafs homer.

Reactions: Oil Spill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad