The Menu Part 14 The Coots / Striker Hot Dog is not a Sandwich Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Macaroni salad AND potato salad?!?!?! What kind of a psycho does that?

Also, f*** corn on the cob and don't anyone dare @ me. Someone better take that shit off the cob before it gets to me or I'm fighting everyone in the area. It's just extra steps and slows down the gorging process.
Corn on the cob is absolutely useless. Gets stuck in your teeth, tastes half like the water it was boiled in, takes up half your plate real estate (including when the corn is eaten off it)

Such a worthless side.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Corn on the cob is absolutely useless. Gets stuck in your teeth, tastes half like the water it was boiled in, takes up half your plate real estate (including when the corn is eaten off it)

Such a worthless side.
If it’s boiled your doing it wrong. Granted mine was boiled but fresh isn’t an option right now.
Get yourself some jersey sweet corn, schuk it but don’t remove the husk. Soak it for 30 minutes in a water bath. Lightly salt and pepper it and then put it on the grill. Amazing.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
If it’s boiled your doing it wrong. Granted mine was boiled but fresh isn’t an option right now.
Get yourself some jersey sweet corn, schuk it but don’t remove the husk. Soak it for 30 minutes in a water bath. Lightly salt and pepper it and then put it on the grill. Amazing.
Shucking is another issue. I hate the word first off, and second off the shit gets everywhere, the hair sticks to everything including the corn, and it makes a horrible noise.

We go to our grandmother's every year to cut the jersey corn off the cob and put it into ziplock bags, which are then frozen. Easy.

Corn is a mid tier vegetable. It's not a favorite but I will always eat it and generally enjoy it

Corn on the cob is a trash tier vegetable

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
This aggression will not stand. Eating elotes is one of life's great pleasures.

elote-11-600x900.jpg

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
This aggression will not stand. Eating elotes is one of life's great pleasures.

elote-11-600x900.jpg
If you have to put that much on something there is something wrong with the base ingredient...

Corn is a trash food due to the fact that when the body tries to process it... it fails for most of it.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
You can have EXACTLY THAT but just remove it from the cob immediately after that picture is taken.

ezpz improvement

No, you sacrifice some of the sweetest part of the corn when you slice it off of the cob. It just sits there, staring at you, daring you to suck each maimed kernel dry. I mean, I'll go cobless if I'm trying not to be a complete slob in front of my wife, but otherwise, hell with that.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
No, you sacrifice some of the sweetest part of the corn when you slice it off of the cob. It just sits there, staring at you, daring you to suck each maimed kernel dry. I mean, I'll go cobless if I'm trying not to be a complete slob in front of my wife, but otherwise, hell with that.

Cob = slob
Cobless = dignified

Look at this nonsense

f7c3b9cedde2cf6ca0d04ebd21941041.png

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
If you have to put that much on something there is something wrong with the base ingredient...

Corn is a trash food due to the fact that when the body tries to process it... it fails for most of it.
Ever have brisket, or pastrami? There are probably more ingredients placed on those than on that.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Such a worthless side.

this 1 minute video may save your life. Ok, maybe not, but will save your sanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad