Online Series: The Mandalorian III- NO Politics-Mysterious disappearance of Cara Dune

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The latest episode was a big improvement over the previous week. I was relatively entertained, but agree with Hivemind that this season is inconsistent and a bit of a mess. This episode and Episode 5 were probably my favorites of the season, yet were sandwiched around my least favorite episode, which had different tone and subject. The writers also seem to have no idea what to do with Grogu. Last week, he had to be babysat by the queen because he couldn't help the mission, and, this week, he was given a mech to pilot (which I thought was pretty dumb) to try to make him more useful. I'm not sure that they even know what to do with Din. It feels like they ran out of ideas for both characters and one is now the sidekick while the other is the sidekick's sidekick.

A few things in the episode didn't make sense to me. One is that the pirates showed up right as they landed on the planet and acted like they were still in service to Bo-Katan and awaiting her return. It makes me wonder why she assumed that everyone abandoned her and didn't visit Mandalore earlier and why the pirates didn't show up when she and Din visited the surface earlier in the season. Another is that Moff Gideon didn't ask Din about the Darksaber, despite him being the last person that he saw with it, and, instead, asked Bo-Katan about it, even though he shouldn't have known that she had it and acted like he didn't even realize that she was there.

Last edited:

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
The beskar alloy doesn’t seem to stop shots from wounding soldiers much more than regular imperial armor did haha but that’s a minor complaint.

I don’t think the white soldiers have the beskar, only the dark troopers.

Mandalorian is more liked though and it's got better viewership. Andor's story arc structure and slow pacing put off a lot of people.

The slow pacing was such a joy compared to the annoyingly fast paced Mandalorian. Everything feels rushed, cramped, smothered in this season.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
I think they emphasised it being a Beskar Alloy as opposed to pure Beskar as a get out for the difference in effectiveness. Though another posters explanation that the Mando's would know exactly where to target also makes sense since they'd definitely be the more skilled combatants.

The latest episode was a big improvement over the previous week. I was relatively entertained, but agree with Hivemind that this season is inconsistent and a bit of a mess. This episode and Episode 5 were probably my favorites of the season, yet were sandwiched around my least favorite episode, which had a completely different tone. The writers also seem to have no idea what to do with Grogu. Last week, he had to be babysat by the queen because he couldn't help the mission, and, this week, he was given a mech to pilot (which I thought was pretty dumb) to try to make him more useful. I'm not sure that they even know what to do with Din. It feels like they ran out of ideas for both characters and, now, one's a sidekick and the other's the sidekick's sidekick.

A few things in the episode didn't make sense to me. One is that the pirates showed up right as they landed on the planet and acted like they were still in service to Bo-Katan and awaiting her return. It makes me wonder why she assumed that everyone abandoned her and didn't visit Mandalore earlier and why the pirates didn't show up when she and Din did visit the surface earlier in the season. Another is that Moff Gideon didn't ask Din about the Darksaber, despite him being the last person that he saw with it, and, instead, asked Bo-Katan about it, even though he shouldn't have known that she had it.

this is what makes me think they're the spies, that and them knowing exactly where on the decimated planet the forge was which meant they'd been there since the bombardment, but didn't see the imperial base that was directly connected to it, that just doesn't track

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The latest episode was a big improvement over the previous week. I was relatively entertained, but agree with Hivemind that this season is inconsistent and a bit of a mess. This episode and Episode 5 were probably my favorites of the season, yet were sandwiched around my least favorite episode, which had different tone and subject. The writers also seem to have no idea what to do with Grogu. Last week, he had to be babysat by the queen because he couldn't help the mission, and, this week, he was given a mech to pilot (which I thought was pretty dumb) to try to make him more useful. I'm not sure that they even know what to do with Din. It feels like they ran out of ideas for both characters and one is now the sidekick while the other is the sidekick's sidekick.

A few things in the episode didn't make sense to me. One is that the pirates showed up right as they landed on the planet and acted like they were still in service to Bo-Katan and awaiting her return. It makes me wonder why she assumed that everyone abandoned her and didn't visit Mandalore earlier and why the pirates didn't show up when she and Din visited the surface earlier in the season. Another is that Moff Gideon didn't ask Din about the Darksaber, despite him being the last person that he saw with it, and, instead, asked Bo-Katan about it, even though he shouldn't have known that she had it and acted like he didn't even realize that she was there.
Privateers. There were actual pirates in this season. The latter paragraph feel very confusing, it's like you didn't watch the previous episode or something.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Since you're so fond of Rotten Tomatoes
Andor - 96% critics/86% audience Andor
Mando overall - 91% critics/77% audience The Mandalorian
Mando s3 - 87% critics/49% audience The Mandalorian
I'm speaking of actual measured viewership.

Doing worse than Obi Wan Kenobi and The Book Of Boba Fett.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It doesn't even hold a candle to Andor. Heck, it's not even as good as its past seasons, or the animated Star Wars shows.

I don’t do animated shows, way too creepy.

Andor is “Star Wars For Adults”.

Mando is for kids and adults inner child.

My inner child enjoys Mando the most when they do it right, like this latest episode.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Privateers. There were actual pirates in this season. The latter paragraph feel very confusing, it's like you didn't watch the previous episode or something.
They can't be privateers because there's no government left on Mandalore. As for the rest, you could explain what you think I misunderstood.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hivemind

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They can't be privateers because there's no government left on Mandalore. As for the rest, you could explain what you think was misunderstood.
Axe Woves literally said they are in the previous episode. "We're privateers, individuals for hire." was the exact line.

You seem to have timelines confused re: them and Bo Katan. They left her to become privateers, as she said in episode 1. Why would they show up on Mand'lore in episode 2 when they were no longer associated with her?

Moff Gideon told his men to strip Din of his weapons, he would've seen if he had the Dark Saber with him. Since he didn't, next logical choice is Bo Katan.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Axe Woves literally said they are in the previous episode. "We're privateers, indivduals for hire." was the exact line.
He was technically wrong, then. Privateers work for governments. He must've meant that they're mercenaries.
You seem to have timelines confused re: them and Bo Katan. They left her to become privateers, as she said in episode 1. Why would they show up on Mand'lore in episode 2 when they were no longer associated with her?
Why did they show up in Episode 7 if they're no longer associated with her?
Moff Gideon told his men to strip Din of his weapons, he would seen if he had the Dark Saber with him. Since he didn't, next logical choice is Bo Katan.
It seems a little strange that he didn't show any surprise that Din didn't have it, didn't mention it to him or ask him about it or where Bo Katan was, if he assumed that she had it.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He was technically wrong, then. Privateers work for governments. He must've meant that they're mercenaries.

Why did they show up in Episode 7 if they're not longer associated with her?

It seems a little strange that he didn't show any surprise that Din didn't have it, didn't mention it to him or ask him about it or where Bo Katan was, if he assumed that she had it.
This is the Star Wars universe, one man's mercenary is a another man's privateer. From a certain point of view.

So you didn't watch episode 6 then... :facepalm:

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell

Why did they show up in Episode 7 if they're no longer associated with her?

The problem here seems to be that you’re expecting some level of thought put into the writing.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
No, but I re-watched it, anyways, and still don't see the connection. What does the end of the Episode 6 have to do with the "pirates" on Mandalore that we didn't see or hear of until Episode 7?
They didn't have any affiliation with Bo Katan until she challenged Axe Woves for the leadership and also got the Dark Saber back.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

I think part of the problem with the show being a mess or all over the place at times is they were stuck using it as a vehicle as back door pilots (are they even called that on streaming?) for Ahsoka (which is moving forward) and Rangers of the New Republic (which looks like it won't move forward). So they stuffed in cameos and plots points that will or would have paid off in the other shows.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
They didn't have any affiliation with Bo Katan until she challenged Axe Woves for the leadership and also got the Dark Saber back.
I think you are the one who is a little confused.

@Osprey is clearly referring to the Mandalorians ON Mandalore with the weird ship, not the mercenaries Bo-Kotan recruited before.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think you are the one who is a little confused.

@Osprey is clearly referring to the Mandalorians ON Mandalore with the weird ship, not the mercenaries Bo-Kotan recruited before.
I see, the use of "pirates" was confusing. Survivors would've been more helpful. In that case, neither party knew of the other's existence/presence on Mand'lore until episode 7.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Axe Woves literally said they are in the previous episode. "We're privateers, individuals for hire." was the exact line.

Moff Gideon told his men to strip Din of his weapons, he would've seen if he had the Dark Saber with him. Since he didn't, next logical choice is Bo Katan.
I think this is where the other spy comes in. The other spy told Gideon that Bo-Katan has the dark saber

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad