OT: The Lounge Thread - Part LVII - Fruit fly Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
Hello fellow hockey fans, I thought this question might be best answered in the Montreal forum. I'm flying out of YUL with my family early next week at 8am, direct to LA. Just wondering if anyone has travelled recently and could give me an idea of how early we should be checking our baggage in? I was thinking 4am would be safe?

I should add, flight is with AC.

Thanks for any info!

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Does anyone know if I'm allowed to store adult content on Google One? This is our own media produced by two consenting adults. Would that cause an issue?

The data is encrypted using my own custom algorithm so it cannot be decrypted or read in any way. Those are long term binary gracier style archives and can't be viewed without multiple levels of decryption.

I just want to know Google policy on this. It's for long term storage, not repeated viewing on the platform.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
@Toene @Ozymandias

J'ai trouvé un petit video qui explique pourquoi les Français et les Québecois sont aujourd'hui ''excités'' quand ils n'étaient pas auparavant.

The ngram search in English shows usage going up somewhere in the 70's/80's, but I'm pretty sure this song from 1982 had something to do with it:

His ngram search is for international French, and Quebecers barely register close to 10% of French world population, so our usage would barely show-up.

The video doesn't really deal with the earlier use by Quebecers which probably register closer to the US.

I would need to ask older family members if they remember when it started getting used here. Personally, I grew-up in the 80's and as far as I can remember, it was used in my youth by family members who barely spoke English, but I might be mistaken.

There's also no way to know if our usage influenced France towards it or if it was simply the same american influences. I would bet on the latter.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Hey guys,

So, no one ever is going to confuse me with a print/graphics designer cause I'm worse than useless at this.

I'd like to spruce up my kiwi's a little and hoping someone can take a stab or two at it. Nothing drastic - I'd like for both kiwi the bird and kiwi the fruit to ditch brown colour and go with a dark gray/charcoal instead. Something like #13151A.

Then the innards of kiwi the fruit should brighten to a nice fluorescent green type.

Finally I'd try a few different background colours (leaving the white outline as is ). and see what dazzles the eye the most.

If someone's capable and doesn't need a lot of time to so this work, please let me know either in here or via PM.

We can perhaps agree on a barter type of a payment where I pay for you 1/2/x years of being a sponsor here.

Thanks in advance!

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Hey guys,

So, no one ever is going to confuse me with a print/graphics designer cause I'm worse than useless at this.

I'd like to spruce up my kiwi's a little and hoping someone can take a stab or two at it. Nothing drastic - I'd like for both kiwi the bird and kiwi the fruit to ditch brown colour and go with a dark gray/charcoal instead. Something like #13151A.

Then the innards of kiwi the fruit should brighten to a nice fluorescent green type.

Finally I'd try a few different background colours (leaving the white outline as is ). and see what dazzles the eye the most.

If someone's capable and doesn't need a lot of time to so this work, please let me know either in here or via PM.

We can perhaps agree on a barter type of a payment where I pay for you 1/2/x years of being a sponsor here.

Thanks in advance!
I did a quick change to see what it would look like.

Attachments

• 34391.jpg
    34391.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: GoodKiwi

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Pretty awesome IMO @peate , thanks!

Any chance of adding a dark greay background around this "feeding frenzy"?

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Thanks peate.

You think lighter gray looks better than something closer to charcoal here?

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I got a Samsung G7 and have to tell people it is amazing!
it looks good but i personally can't stand curved screen

i have a 32" 4K monitor but mostly for youtube and work, my gaming monitor is a 28" 1440p benq, forgot the model, and that i purchased back when there was a shortage of every single monitor in existence (basically took the first between that one, the LG one, etc. that became available).

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
it looks good but i personally can't stand curved screen

i have a 32" 4K monitor but mostly for youtube and work, my gaming monitor is a 28" 1440p benq, forgot the model, and that i purchased back when there was a shortage of every single monitor in existence (basically took the first between that one, the LG one, etc. that became available).
Fantastic

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Would I be able to recruit anyone in Quebec to assist me in getting a copy of The Pooler's Guide? Hockey the Magazine is not selling solo online. Cost of the magazine and shipping to AZ would be covered by moi of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad