OT: The Lounge Thread - Part LVII - Fruit fly Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
1655327200985.png

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Was curious to see how much the P.K. Subban Foundation had chipped away at that $10 million pledged to the Montreal Children's hospital as I haven't heard an update.
So I went looking for myself and found the Canada Revenue reporting periods for all the years the Foundation has existed. There is a quick view and a full view. Both have good info.
It's going to take awhile for the Foundation to fund raise $10 million as it looks like donations to the fund are slowing. $230,000 year 2017, $350,000 year 2018, $250,000 year 2019, $50,324 Year 2020 and zero year 2021 = $880,324.00 total donated from fund raising. Not actually from PK's pocket. Who knew?

Last edited:

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
I've always wondered something. This is from an old Swedish prank call radio show. Does anything of what this guy says make sense in French or is it complete mumbo jumbo? Obviously I can hear he's making stuff up, but at the same time the lady replies kind of like she understands him.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Fruit Fly Battle 2022! I’m holding up my friends… bad news on my front. Wife bought some f***ing peaches from a garden stand that were loaded with the little bastards. I think the peach fruit flies are trying to reproduce with some of the hold overs from last year. You laugh! I saw one last January. In any case? They could reproduce a mega fruit fly spawn!

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
How would you guys rank the following prospects in a pure offensive fantasy league (no hits, blocks, PIM): Podkolzin, Holtz, Holloway, Kakko, Krebs

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
No hockey in the lounge.

(Holtz, Kakko, Holloway, Krebs, Podkolzin)
Shoot, my bad! Was looking for a general NHL thread, clearly didn't look hard enough. Thanks for your input!

In other news, I traveled to BC for a week and what an incredible vacation. Proposed to my GF and she said yes. Haven't been on this board in a while but that draft really got my hockey passion flowing :D

Hope everyone is doing well in this heat wave!

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Shoot, my bad! Was looking for a general NHL thread, clearly didn't look hard enough. Thanks for your input!

In other news, I traveled to BC for a week and what an incredible vacation. Proposed to my GF and she said yes. Haven't been on this board in a while but that draft really got my hockey passion flowing :D

Hope everyone is doing well in this heat wave!
BC will do that to people.

Reactions: JohnLennon

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
BC will do that to people.
Incredible place. I'm a Montreal native but my now-fiancee and I couldn't stop talking about how we wanted to move there. Vancouver, Richmond, Squamish... man, what a beautiful province. And I particularly love how they've acknowledged and intertwined a lot more native culture into their region than any other province I've been to.

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Incredible place. I'm a Montreal native but my now-fiancee and I couldn't stop talking about how we wanted to move there. Vancouver, Richmond, Squamish... man, what a beautiful province. And I particularly love how they've acknowledged and intertwined a lot more native culture into their region than any other province I've been to.
I'm also a Montreal native and spent just over 10 years on Vancouver island. Great place, lots of Eastern runaways. When you meet a local, it's somewhat of a surprise. Lots of back roads to explore and get lost.

I miss it and my musical friends.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I'm also a Montreal native and spent just over 10 years on Vancouver island. Great place, lots of Eastern runaways. When you meet a local, it's somewhat of a surprise. Lots of back roads to explore and get lost.

I miss it and my musical friends.
I only spent 8 days there but I jam-packed them so much. Joffre Lakes, Grouse Mountain, Sea to Sky Summit, driving to places like Whytecliff and Lighthouse Park. I love the nature incorporated in the city, even in North Vancouver where I stayed. So beautiful in every sense. Loved my time there. I did notice there were lots of eastern runaways, and always see old friends on social media who now live out there. I can see why, it's very infectious.

Reactions: peate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad