OT: The Lounge Thread - Part LVII - Fruit fly Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
I haven't see the GDT yet...someone needs to get on that, please and thank you.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I try to find an hockey tv analyst who raises his eyebraws higher than Steph Waite.
I think Waite have the world's record of high eyebraws lifted to the sky.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Scott Hall had broken his hip and had surgery. But there were complications and he suffered 3 heart attacks and ended up on life support. Kevin Nash confirmed that his family will remove him off life support today after they go to the hospital to say their goodbyes.

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
Haven't been on HF much lately si i haven't messed a lot with the new added stuff but goddamn HF now has a dark theme. This is fantastic as I'm a sucker for dark themes. Much easier on the eyes and for me make text easier to read .not that i have bad vision but white on black/gray just feel smoother if that makes any sense lol

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Who is the only team based outside the New York metropolitan area to win four consecutive titles in a North American league competition consisting of at least sixteen teams?

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Leaving for arizona next Wednesday (13) and just tested positive yesterday with almost no symptoms, so frustrating… what are the ods i still test positive on tuesday on that “real” test… even if that 5 days is long gone

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Leaving for arizona next Wednesday (13) and just tested positive yesterday with almost no symptoms, so frustrating… what are the ods i still test positive on tuesday on that “real” test… even if that 5 days is long gone
almost 100%

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

I’m friends with a Québécois National at work… she married an American and lives in a very rural part of the US. She is the most polite and well mannered person you would ever meet… until you put her behind a driving wheel! I shit you not! And I quote in broken English with a heavy Québécois accent “Why f***ing no lines in the road?!!!” Lmao! There is more. We carpool for various training and she is always voted to drive us. Fantastic!

Reactions: Adam Michaels

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I stopped at the RTX 3080 :eek2: That's more $$ than my whole build. But I'm not a gamer, so to me, it's a bit :laugh: overkill. I bet it's a mean machine though, especially with the big screen. 2K @ 120fps?

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I stopped at the RTX 3080 :eek2: That's more $$ than my whole build. But I'm not a gamer, so to me, it's a bit :laugh: overkill. I bet it's a mean machine though, especially with the big screen. 2K @ 120fps?
The 3080 was on sale. Payed 200us over its manufacturer suggested price. So, about 1k us. Remarkably? The card sold out in a week and is now well above that. Lol. Could not pass that up. Been waiting to build a new gaming rig for 7 years! Got caught in between Covid and scalpers as we all did. Thanks for letting me share my excitement! Seriously! The G7 is insane… not just for the image but response time at maximum settings! Also, it’s my hobby.

Last edited:

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I had to Google Ray tracing. That's getting close to holography. I like how it can work with sound waves as well as light.

I've built a couple of towers recently, just standard Intel Core i5, mostly to use the Audigy RX, a PCI-E EMU based sound card. I have custom drivers that can really work the EMU chip to it's max. If you like to control sound over individual apps, like play Winamp Mp3's loud through the front speakers and sub, listen to TV softly from the rear pair, and watch a movie listening with the headphones. Being a 7.1 card, If I had a side pair, I could add another app, like VLC and have control over each pair individually.
Load a different setting and presto, I have an ASIO multitrack recording studio ready to go. Got a movie? Load the custom set-up and you're now immersed in 5.1 digital surround. It's the best piece of software for music. Building the DSP's is half the fun.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
A few details, and result ?
First burn in was successful. I used superposition because it is a 1080p test that will beat the snot out of all components. Max settings… 90fps was the average over 12 hours. No bottleneck from the 5600x… I’m f***ing impressed with this little CPU. Temps were average on the stock cooler lmao! 2k is going to be ridiculous on the G7 and 3080! I’m not necessarily bragging, but excited as hell! Thanks for letting me share!

Reactions: peate

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
First burn in was successful. I used superposition because it is a 1080p test that will beat the snot out of all components. Max settings… 90fps was the average over 12 hours. No bottleneck from the 5600x… I’m f***ing impressed with this little CPU. Temps were average on the stock cooler lmao! 2k is going to be ridiculous on the G7 and 3080! I’m not necessarily bragging, but excited as hell! Thanks for letting me share!
I'm enjoying our exchanges, I'm learning. What did you use for superposition? I'm curious about CPU temp. I have a core temp app on my 2 machines. I noticed that my Core i5 gets hotter than my older machine with the Core i3 doing the same task. Both similar in components.

PC #1 is Core i5 @3,7 GHz, 16 gig ram, NVIDIA GT 710 (cheapo), Gigabyte B365M. Windows 11.

PC #2 is Core i3 @3.6 GHz, same as above for the rest, but with Windows 10. Not able to run 11.

Using Any video converter to convert an MP4 into another format, this is what happens.

PC #1 At idle: Core temps are all in the low 30's Celsius. Average 33.

Converting: I get temps in the 70's, with a peak at 78. Too hot imo.

The same file conversion on the slower PC

At Idle; Core temps go from a low of 29 to 31.

Converting only raises it to around 50. (49 to 52).

I changed the fan on both CPU's to ones that have a bracket to tighten from the rear. Used paste.

Just a mystery to me.

Reactions: cphabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad