OT: The Lounge Thread - Part LVII - Fruit fly Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guiness time

Mar 14, 2007
not sure where to ask this, but where can I purchase habs collectibles in the mtl area? looking for figurines and collectibles? Or any good sites to order from in Canada? I searched myself but hard to figure out what is the better places to buy from. Need to buy some x-mas gifts for some family members and maybe for myself :)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
So anyway,

My neighbour from two houses down backed into my car that was parked on the street - twice.

Fortunately, my house is being renovated and the crew saw it happen. They informed me and my wife went over to work things out. The neighbour played dumb and said she'd pay for it....

But seriously, how lame do you have to be to not leave a note? So disappointed.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Quick question...who is a mod as far as Habs posters are concerned?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Quick question...who is a mod as far as Habs posters are concerned?

At the top of the thread list there should be buttons including one called moderator list.
Treb, Markovsknee, Lshap, montreal, donghabs, lafleursguy and LeTricolore.

Global mods (purple) and admins (dark blue) can mod any section as needed.

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
For some reason I was thinking about mascots. When Youppi! became the official mascot it’s history as a symbol of the Expos and the ties to MLB baseball in Montreal where celebrated.

Did the Habs not have a mascot named Tricolo at one point? Or was he just a figment of my imagination.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
For some reason I was thinking about mascots. When Youppi! became the official mascot it’s history as a symbol of the Expos and the ties to MLB baseball in Montreal where celebrated.

Did the Habs not have a mascot named Tricolo at one point? Or was he just a figment of my imagination.

Tricolo was the mascot for the AHL team in the late 80s/ early 90s.
Before Cosmo there was Tricolo

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It was Sherbrooke Canadiens!

Sherbrooke and Fredericton.

The stuff they did in Sherbrooke would not pass in the 2000's. Incredibly racist, but then people in other AHL towns were also bad on the French Canadian side.... so everyone was terrible?

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Sherbrooke and Fredericton.

The stuff they did in Sherbrooke would not pass in the 2000's. Incredibly racist, but then people in other AHL towns were also bad on the French Canadian side.... so everyone was terrible?
Over the top stuff, even some air-humping moves. Not sure why I thought there was a connection with the big club. Those AHL days are crazy so much fighting, going to be a dementia pandemic from that alone.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Over the top stuff, even some air-humping moves. Not sure why I thought there was a connection with the big club. Those AHL days are crazy so much fighting, going to be a dementia pandemic from that alone.

Back then (and even in the early 2000s) you often had 300+ PIM guys.

The record is actually in 2004-2005 with 551 PIM in 71 games (7.8 PIM per game) by Brian McGrattan. Since 2005-2006, the top PIM is 334 by PL Letourneau-Leblond (which stands at 81st).

Since 2017, the total never went over 194 PIM (Alex Gallant).

We are seeing a recrudescence this year with Cody Mcleod having 79 PIM in 15 games.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Tech question here.

I can't come here on Google Chrome on my PC since yesterday evening (literally after the Habs game). Is anyone having the same problem?

Edit. lol f*** me. Turns out my google chrome changed my settings and brought in my old bookmarks. So the HF link was from the old forums

Last edited:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I think it's that a lot of the systems are built on very old Oracle/JAVA-something infrastructures that are so outdated they only work with IE - because it existed back then.
Yes, I have to use IE for one thing at work. Some other things work better on Edge, and others on Chrome. It's a mess.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
IE is Infinity Edge for me. As a front-end dev, my brain has blocked anything Microsoft related when it comes to browsers :rolly:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad