OT: The Lounge Thread - Part LVII - Fruit fly Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I was reading some artists tributes to the Queen.

Nothing but respect and admiration. As it should be.

Only here did I read hateful comments filled with rancor for shit that happened 300 years ago and for which she had nothing to do with. I'm not a fan of royalty and the monarchy is outdated, I agree. But can we not just look at the person she was and all her accomplishments?

Note to @Sasha Orlov. I wish you a miserable life and may a sick poodle piddle on your grave.

You read the instagram of a few appointed knights and think its an argument?

British imperialism and the ensuing neo-colonialism is basically at the root of most of societys problems. She was the face of this for a hundred years, more or less. She did nothing to change that, all she did was sit on her 560 millions chilling and in-breeding corgis.

Not a great woman, no accomplishments made, shouldnt be celebrated.

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

British imperialism and the ensuing neo-colonialism is basically at the root of most of societys problems. She was the face of this for a hundred years, more or less. She did nothing to change that, all she did was sit on her 560 millions chilling and in-breeding corgis.

You're entitled to your opinion, even though I don't agree. You sound just like an FLQ guy from the 60's.

GO :habsGO

Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Not very nice, I thought we were all friends
No it wasn't, and neither was your comment. We are all Habs fans and surely have many things in common. But reading your comment after I posted the link, made me realize not all Habs fans are created equal.

Friend you definitely aren't.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
No it wasn't, and neither was your comment. We are all Habs fans and surely have many things in common. But reading your comment after I posted the link, made me realize not all Habs fans are created equal.

Friend you definitely aren't.
Ok have fun crying about colonizers than actively supported genocide in this country until the late 90s

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
it's one of those situation where there are so many examples of the royal family and the queen being terrible, atrocious, horrible people that i'm too mindflooded to even know where to begin to have this conversation so i'd rather not

f*** the queen, f*** monarchy

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
it's one of those situation where there are so many examples of the royal family and the queen being terrible, atrocious, horrible people that i'm too mindflooded to even know where to begin

f*** the queen, f*** monarchy
Hmmmmmmmm curious why was she the longest tenured queen then, makes you think.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I think we can get rid of the monarchy now
King Charles is not in the same league as his mother. But what is that monarchy anyway? Humans clearly superiors to other humans (subjects) by the blood birth. Not elected, not democratic. Just superiors. And how that monarchy and their friends got that HUGE fortune? By slavery, most of it. The most horrible side of a wild capitalism without any control.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I was reading some artists tributes to the Queen.

Nothing but respect and admiration. As it should be.

Only here did I read hateful comments filled with rancor for shit that happened 300 years ago and for which she had nothing to do with. I'm not a fan of royalty and the monarchy is outdated, I agree. But can we not just look at the person she was and all her accomplishments?

Note to @Sasha Orlov. I wish you a miserable life and may a sick poodle piddle on your grave.

She was a nice person and I respect her and I understand the sadness of her loyal followers.
But after the celebrations, can we discuss about the concept of the monarchy and what socially it implies?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Lack of referees in Quebec province. A shame. It's because parents and people in arenas have no class. Typical of a lot of quebecers. That explains why some sports are underperforming compare to other places in the world. Hockey, soccer, baseball and football, Always insults, always that toxic environment. Hello Du***** and Poili**** followers!

It's in french but worth to read or try to translate :

Last edited:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I want to add that there are nice persons around you. They don't have royal blood or an huge fortune. They have nothing to impress or cling-cling jewels. They just are they. They work at the grocery, they drive a bus, they are behind a desk for work, they clean your house of office or they can't work for many reasons and they are at home. Or they are homeless. Be nice with them. They are good humans. They deserve to have your friendly smile, whatever they are red, green, yellow, black or white.

Peace and love for all.
:):):)

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Scottish Hab

Mar 2, 2018
Glasgow
She was a nice person and I respect her and I understand the sadness of her loyal followers.
But after the celebrations, can we discuss about the concept of the monarchy and what socially it implies?
No idea what its been like in Canada but the UK media/establishment has went into full N.Korea mode to ensure any kind of real debate can't get started.

You probably wouldn't believe it possible if I told you some the shenanigans that has went on in the aftermath of EW's passing

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No idea what its been like in Canada but the UK media/establishment has went into full N.Korea mode to ensure any kind of real debate can't get started.

You probably wouldn't believe it possible if I told you some the shenanigans that has went on in the aftermath of EW's passing
@peate
Maybe you two could have a conversation.

peate

Smiley
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Not the kung fu of old
Opera Snapshot_2022-10-11_141900_www.thefarside.com.png

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

What about France's or Portugal's or Spain's, etc. imperialism? I am no Royalist and would like for a Canadian PM to have the guts to open the constitution and remove our link to them but alas that won't happen, especially because of Quebec. There was a time when it was considered normal for "empires" to try and expand and take control of territory. This has generally changed in the 20th and now 21st centuries but you still have some like Russia that try.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What about France's or Portugal's or Spain's, etc. imperialism? I am no Royalist and would like for a Canadian PM to have the guts to open the constitution and remove our link to them but alas that won't happen, especially because of Quebec. There was a time when it was considered normal for "empires" to try and expand and take control of territory. This has generally changed in the 20th and now 21st centuries but you still have some like Russia that try.
Yes, all imperialism is bad.

Great Britain and the ensuing US neocolonialism is the worst as they had/have the most influence.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
So I don’t have cable, paid for sportsnet app, hans are blacked out… wth? How can i watch all 82 games online ? I live in Gatineau

you need a VPN

if you want to watch on your TV and use a VPN app, fire TV is android based so most of the big VPN apps are on there

enjoy this nightmare blackout rules world we live in :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad