Post-Game Talk: The Hangover was actually a funny movie. This … is very unfunny.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Josh Brown isn’t tough and doesn’t solve the issue of moving the puck.

I’d say he’s tough but you’re quite correct in that he handles a puck like a manhole cover. But I wouldn’t be surprised if the Oilers recall him today or Wednesday if there is another milquetoaste effort.

Reactions: foshizzle

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I am stunned, you could never have predicted losing the first 3 games at home and outscored by 12 goals. I can’t just shrug it off because of what they recovered from last year, what happened last year after that start was pretty much a miracle. This has to turn around immediately, there is no way to make sense of starting with 3 ass kickings to the teams we played.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
This sums up the Oilers quite well LOL just to offer up some levity
GZ3aeVyWkAApr5L

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Losing three in a row to start the season with two of those coming to potential lottery teams by a combined score of 15-3 is a very big cause for concern. These aren’t 3-2 shootout losses. They’re getting their asses kicked.
In fairness the Jets game was closer than scoreline indicated. Without huge goaltending disparity probably something like a 3-2 outing. But reality is that on most every nights opponents will get better goaltending. A coefficient that changes a bit when Skinner finds his game, and I thought he was better last night until he wasn't.

Undeniable last night was a close game. The Oilers scored 3 hit 3 more posts, and pretty much got jobbed in the game by the refs. In anycase close game all night that we could have been up 3-0

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
So we have to fire the coach, fire the goalie coach, take the C from McDavid, trade Drai, break Nurse's legs, beg for Broberg to come back, hire Knob and fire him again, it's karma from the Bowman hiring, trade for soft ass McLeod back, make Skinner go on a diet, find Nuge's balls, McD is the worst leader in sports, etc.
Yes?

;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
he was still a big time UFA acquisition.
He's a one zone superstar. Only during the Lightning Cup cusp did he even try to be a more complete player. Goal suck wanker that doesn't appreciably help a team win. Soon as Tampa got a sniff of Stamkos just being in it for his own goals they let him go.

Now nothing Preds have him during after twilight of his career.

Good luck trying to get 39pts on the Preds PP.

So we have to fire the coach, fire the goalie coach, take the C from McDavid, trade Drai, break Nurse's legs, beg for Broberg to come back, hire Knob and fire him again, it's karma from the Bowman hiring, trade for soft ass McLeod back, make Skinner go on a diet, find Nuge's balls, McD is the worst leader in sports, etc.

Did I miss anything? Start is frustrating and all but calm your tits some of you. f*** sakes, you think last year would have given them more than 3 games of rope, but fill your boots I guess.
Just a Jeffless do over on the offseason would be fine. Can we wind her back to June?

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
It will turn, but I am so disappointed in our leadership.

Us and Colorado are down at like an 0.820 PDO

Their goalie stinks and so do ours

Reactions: Oilhawks

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
It took Ken Holland like 5 years to build out a reliable defence and we blew half of it up in one offseason. Jeff Jackson and Stan Bowman definitely had no respect for or understanding of whatever Ken Holland was trying to do here. It’s kind of amazing that JJ kept him around for the final year, retrospectively. Gut out all the young players, didnt believe in them either, evidently. We’ll see.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Emberson is a healthy scratch now, despite the charts telling us how awesome he is

things change
Charts told you he has potential and played well in the very small sample size provided. Nothing more.

Things change, lol,you’re telling me Josh Brown can now move the puck?

I’d say he’s tough but you’re quite correct in that he handles a puck like a manhole cover. But I wouldn’t be surprised if the Oilers recall him today or Wednesday if there is another milquetoaste effort.
The problem right now is that the team can’t outlet the puck to save their lives. Having Dermott, who has played a handful of games on his wrong side, next to Nurse was a the dumbest decision ever. Stetcher and Nurse have played well together (small sample size) and are righty lefty. Then Have kulak Emberson on the 3rd pairing. Kulak has been shit too

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Boy did that turn sour in a hurry. But man his fancies were so good in San Jose.

Bottom of the standings already. Woof.
Jesus Christ. Everyone who read analytics said - in a small sample size he showed promise. Key word, small sample size. He was also defensive player of the year in Hartford. No one said he was Chris Pronger, analytics folks understand that sample size matters.

I love the logic though. “Analytics said he was good having played 30 games. My eyes told me he was bad only having played 2 games.” Do you see how ridiculous that is?

Reactions: Oilslick941611

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
Worst team in the league by far now by several metrics.
Only team to have lost 3 games without picking up a point.
They are -12, second worst team is -6.
f***ing unbelievable.
Well, TECHNICALLY that isn't true.
Buffalo did lose 3 games without picking up a point.
They won the 4th, but they DID fit the 2nd line you typed by the letter of the law (and grammar)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Charts told you he has potential and played well in the very small sample size provided. Nothing more.

Things change, lol,you’re telling me Josh Brown can now move the puck?

The problem right now is that the team can’t outlet the puck to save their lives. Having Dermott, who has played a handful of games on his wrong side, next to Nurse was a the dumbest decision ever. Stetcher and Nurse have played well together (small sample size) and are righty lefty. Then Have kulak Emberson on the 3rd pairing. Kulak has been shit too

I’m not advocating for Brown. I’m just saying it wouldn’t surprise me.

Reactions: foshizzle

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Hi.

Not a troll in any way, shape or form as the Canucks have had a shit start to the season as well.

I was curious what the general consensus is on RNH here. I follow the Oilers pretty closely due to them being the biggest competition in the division and obviously I watched the entire playoffs last year...

I don't really notice him. Given his draft pedigree and playing with 2 of the best players ever I feel like he should stand out more. Is there something he does in particular defensively or does he add an element to his line and PP or is he mostly seen as a passenger?

I just find that McDavid, Drai, Hyman stand out big time and even Kane... but I never really notice RNH.

Thanks!
He is very overrated. Soft as toilet paper. Overrated for his "2 way game". Basically mooches off of the top guys.

He "does the little things well" is the best way to describe him I guess.

He also took a discount to stay, so he isn't overpaid. I guess more of a "glue guy" maybe. He cannot drive a line whatsoever.

I guess it has been shown statistically that the PP is better with him on it then off as well.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021

Did I miss anything? Start is frustrating and all but calm your tits some of you. f*** sakes, you think last year would have given them more than 3 games of rope, but fill your boots I guess.
1728928363513.jpeg

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
This thing sucks but its a long way from over.

I thought the Oilers were the better club in the first 2 periods and when Perry scored (yes scored) they really owned the momentum.

3rd period they looked spent. It's an older team and I really get the feeling that there was a lot of partying going on over the summer. That's bad news when you are over 30 in the world of pro sports.

They didn't get that much older in 3 months but the fact that only one forward (Pod) is under 25 has to be a consideration. There is no question that drafting and development has been a serious question for years and I grow tired of hearing that the coach is to blame.

Well, looks like the Jackson honeymoon is over and its time for everybody to get down to work.

Mc-D and Drai will pick it up a notch but this year it will be a struggle to make it to the post season. Time waits for no one.
I know nobody will waste their time looking it up (including me), but I wonder how many cup contenders have a lot of players under 25/26 when they are in their window and close to the end of it.

Where are we with Perry and Ryan off the roster? Probably not "the oldest team in the league"

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
It took Ken Holland like 5 years to build out a reliable defence and we blew half of it up in one offseason. Jeff Jackson and Stan Bowman definitely had no respect for or understanding of whatever Ken Holland was trying to do here. It’s kind of amazing that JJ kept him around for the final year, retrospectively. Gut out all the young players, didnt believe in them either, evidently. We’ll see.
They're so fixated on gaining cap space to obtain that mythical Dman at the deadline that they're willing to blow the season and our prospect pool to make it happen. There's no guarantee the Dman they want will be available, that they'll be buyers at the deadline or have to assets to make that trade happen.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
They're so fixated on gaining cap space to obtain that mythical Dman at the deadline that they're willing to blow the season and our prospect pool to make it happen. There's no guarantee the Dman they want will be available, that they'll be buyers at the deadline or have to assets to make that trade happen.
at this rate with the lucky they've been giving, no team will be interested in trading us a Dman at the deadline regardless of cap space.

It's still the right call. We just need to get in the playoffs, don't need to be in the division lead or win the presidents trophy. 3 games in it looks like Broberg and Halloway are not worth the contracts and Ceci looks like ceci. They wouldn't have been helping us this year or making a difference.

all theshit people having been giving the Emberson so far, imagine if it was Broberg making 4.6 mil....they are impacting the teams the same way. People would be insane over broberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad