Post-Game Talk: The Hangover was actually a funny movie. This … is very unfunny.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
It’s because I don’t argue with stupid people. They drag you down to their level of stupid and then beat you with experience.
Sounds like you're pretty weak minded if you can't debate someone without being dragged down, or provide anything to back up your opinions. But if hfboards says a sign of intelligence is gifs, who am I to disagree? lol

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Hi.

Not a troll in any way, shape or form as the Canucks have had a shit start to the season as well.

I was curious what the general consensus is on RNH here. I follow the Oilers pretty closely due to them being the biggest competition in the division and obviously I watched the entire playoffs last year...

I don't really notice him. Given his draft pedigree and playing with 2 of the best players ever I feel like he should stand out more. Is there something he does in particular defensively or does he add an element to his line and PP or is he mostly seen as a passenger?

I just find that McDavid, Drai, Hyman stand out big time and even Kane... but I never really notice RNH.

Thanks!

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I think the last 2 years was their real Cup window. Team is too old, slow and uninspired now.
Yeah I know it's just 3 games but you can't do this shit every year and keep expecting to dig out of it, it's going to wear on these old legs playing catch up all season. Plus when you have Darnell Nurse at $9.25m on your team, you're always at a major disadvantage.
This is the final year of the cup window, I've been saying it all along.

How do you not trade Broberg and Holloway for Buch when we ended up losing the players anyways....

You think were slow now? Wait a few years

Reactions: Oilers88

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Easy Play

1728915838954.png

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Team has no identity and that's coming from Knobby, who is ACTIVELY preaching AGAINST physicality. He literally came out in the playoffs last year and said he'd rather his team not hit but "check with their legs".

This guy's identity is soft, no intensity hockey. Another game where we are dominated physically against our arch rival after 2 previous stinkers. I dont have much faith that this is the guy; especially after losing so much speed in the off season.

Darnell nurse 4 hits in 3 games. Zero response to skinner or mcd getting run all game. Something is off in the locker room as well. This level of camaraderie and no willingness to stick up for your teammates is pathetic.

Last edited:

powerserge

Oct 12, 2022
Was called a troll this summer. I can think of 50 million reasons (hint: to 4 players) why we are not as good and have fallen prey this year already, before those contracts have even kicked in. Teams know we are in a cap bind this year and will be worse next year so it's open season on us to knock us down a few notches. Sadly. Want the Oilers to be good and I know no one wants to hear it. Hope we work out of this, really concerned about our D as a unit and as a team.

This vet team should not be making mistakes yet it's the opposite. No youth, cupboards are pretty bare, old team. Loss of speed, no toughness in the lineup, asking a bunch of 6 D to play top 4. All of this already mentioned. We can't afford anything else. Cup favorites my arse. Just hope we make the playoffs, forget winning the division. Our start this year is not the same as last year.

Maybe Stecher will work with Nurse. Would try that next.

Reasonable Oil Fan

NO KOOL AID PLEASE!!
Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
Way too early to panic, I’m sure we are going to be fine
But, it really bugs me that everyone continues to blame the refs
Christ!!
We should have stomped that team even if we played short handed all game and had 5 disallowed goals. They are a good AHL team and we are cup finalists
The issue with this team right now is internal

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
This thing sucks but its a long way from over.

I thought the Oilers were the better club in the first 2 periods and when Perry scored (yes scored) they really owned the momentum.

3rd period they looked spent. It's an older team and I really get the feeling that there was a lot of partying going on over the summer. That's bad news when you are over 30 in the world of pro sports.

They didn't get that much older in 3 months but the fact that only one forward (Pod) is under 25 has to be a consideration. There is no question that drafting and development has been a serious question for years and I grow tired of hearing that the coach is to blame.

Well, looks like the Jackson honeymoon is over and its time for everybody to get down to work.

Mc-D and Drai will pick it up a notch but this year it will be a struggle to make it to the post season. Time waits for no one.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
It's time to ask some uncomfortable questions about team leadership. Lockerroom yelling in the finals aside, the lack of interest in bearing down in regular season games is quite palpable.
McDavid 3 games, 2 assists, 2 pts -5
Draisaitl 3 games 1 goal 1 pts. -4
Bouchard 3 games 0 pts -2
Nurse 3 games 0 pts.-2
RNH 3 games 1 pts -3
Hyman 3 games 0 pts -4 (woof!)

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Sounds like you're pretty weak minded if you can't debate someone without being dragged down, or provide anything to back up your opinions. But if hfboards says a sign of intelligence is gifs, who am I to disagree? lol

Pretty tough to “debate” a shitty opinion.

If “McDavid doesn't deserve the C” is going to be the calling card that you’re hanging your hat on then I’ll leave you to it.

If it were that easy then there should be two more zeros on your wager line. ;)

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
McDavid and Draisaitl are the engine that drives this team.

Two assists for McDavid. One goal from Draisaitl.

I’ve very rarely been critical of those two, because they’ve usually put up excellent efforts even when the team loses. But first 3 games they still aren’t up to speed and that’s just not good enough right now. Ditto for basically everyone in the top 9.

Doesn’t help that the and puck luck continues and we still haven’t gotten a good performance in net.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Pretty tough to “debate” a shitty opinion.

If “McDavid doesn't deserve the C” is going to be the calling card that you’re hanging your hat on then I’ll leave you to it.

If it were that easy then there should be two more zeros on your wager line. ;)

Im guessing your someone who would blow you bankroll on a saturday

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I would be more worried if Connor, Leon and our other stars were playing amazing and we still were not winning, but I think it's the opposite actually.

This will take some time, but once Connor and Leon get going it will be fine

Reactions: Drivesaitl

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Hi.

Not a troll in any way, shape or form as the Canucks have had a shit start to the season as well.

I was curious what the general consensus is on RNH here. I follow the Oilers pretty closely due to them being the biggest competition in the division and obviously I watched the entire playoffs last year...

I don't really notice him. Given his draft pedigree and playing with 2 of the best players ever I feel like he should stand out more. Is there something he does in particular defensively or does he add an element to his line and PP or is he mostly seen as a passenger?

I just find that McDavid, Drai, Hyman stand out big time and even Kane... but I never really notice RNH.

Thanks!

RNH has been over-coached to the point that he's just a non-factor many nights. Very few mistakes. Very few attempts to meaningfully impact the game. He will always, always, always make the simple, safe play even though he has the skill to do much more.

When he's on and the team is playing confidently, he's a 70-80 point guy who rarely gives up the puck. When he's off and playing without confidence, he defers, is a 40 point guy and does not drive play at all.

No matter whether he's on or off, he does very little to hurt you. That's why coaches (and line mates) love him... he keeps possession and he defers to line mates (even when they AREN'T always more talented).

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
League is getting younger, faster, bigger, and rangier. Let's get rid of 3 young, fast, big, and rangy guys.

Ugh. The team does not look good right now.
Was saying this in real time. Oilers really ought to have never gone at RV, Skinner debatable, and should've just focused on sealing proper deals with Broberg and Holloway. Not sure why it couldn't be Foegele for Savoie either. I like obtaining Savoie but if we're just parking him in minors we got nothing.

Heres a list of players we lost. Holloway, Broberg, Foegele, McLeod, Carrick, Ceci whatever ones opinion of those players is the ones we got in replacement are not that much. I think only Skinner is looking any good, at least producing. He's still gonna be high GA.

We also lost a good prospect like Lavoie and refuse to use any of our other prospects. To me yesterday it looked like an old club running out of gas half way through the game. They were running Calgary out in first 25mins but couldn't seem to continue that.

Jackson got big name attached and went on fishing trips in offseason instead of looking after our own. What kind of message does it send to any of our prospects that we value a Corey Perry more than them?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Hi.

Thanks!
I never notice Petey in a game. It seems to me he cries on ice and on the bench and he looks for places behind net to run and hide during play. What does he actually do, can you tell us what he's good at and it always looks like he's doing nothing, and I never noticed him in playoffs and I did notice Vancouver fans chanting his name to action, and hey, we all really want to know what you think of his contract. Too much or not enough?

Nuge is producing and bringing more than poor Petey at half the contractual price. Go away.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I've never seen McDavid get hit and pushed around like this year.
Seems teams defence strategy has changed to slow up McDavid and it works.

Maybe he is out of game shape and doesn't avoid like before?

Anyway McDavid is far from being a force.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I can honestly say the losses don't bother me, what bothers me was the two handler on Skinner, The hit on McDavid and Drai and NO ONE responded. Just a flat wet fart.

This team is flat and we aren't what most thought. McDavid in particular has been disappointing, if he isn't going we have nothing and Leon looks disinterested as well. No amount of depth will help and D isn't our most pressing issue. The dried up offense is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad