Post-Game Talk: The Hangover was actually a funny movie. This … is very unfunny.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Let Calgary fans have their Stanley Cup experience this fall, good for them.

Disappointed in the Oilers though. Got caught up in their newspaper clippings again. Not sure why we have to learn this lesson over and over again.

.900 goaltending would be nice too. Basically the lowest scoring clubs in the league are dropping 5 spots on us. A save would be great. And so would some finish. Same team as just year, but we're missing all of our snarl.

Who the f*** cares about goaltending?

WE’VE SCORED 2 GOALS IN 3 GAMES

We could have a reanimated Jaques Plante back there and we’d still be 0-3.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Let Calgary fans have their Stanley Cup experience this fall, good for them.

Disappointed in the Oilers though. Got caught up in their newspaper clippings again. Not sure why we have to learn this lesson over and over again.

.900 goaltending would be nice too. Basically the lowest scoring clubs in the league are dropping 5 spots on us. A save would be great. And so would some finish. Same team as just year, but we're missing all of our snarl.
When you get goaltending like this, your only hope is that 2 of the World's best players are 2 of the World's best players every single night.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I’d be happy to see them as 2 of the World’s best players for a period at this point
A very slow start but joking aside they will turn it around. They have to realize that summer is over and the magazine and Youtube "magic run" moments are over too.

They will be a lot better. They just have too much talent to do otherwise.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
One observation and not trying to start a war--just an observation. For presence in the goal we need to compare this season and last season. Every couple of years the NHL "updates" just what that means

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Last season was probably the last time we are going to be in the finals for a long time. Sadly, this team composition is too bad to move forward.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Just came back from my class and checked the score... was 1-0 Oilers when I went to class, came back to see a 4-1 loss. Yep.

Well, I actually think the team is going to be okay in the end. They have too much talent and are in a not-particularly-good division, so I think they're going to recover. As we saw last year, they're capable of suddenly winning 15 in a row or whatever.

This game's two goals called back seemed kind of cheap or debatable, at least. If Drai had hit the empty net yesterday and if those two "goals" today aren't called back, the club is probably 2-1 now instead of 0-3, even with most players underperforming. But it is what it is.

As we all predicted (or I did, anyway), the defence is bad after losing two regular right-handers. A 34-year-old is the club's only dependable Dman, but how long can he keep it up? If Katz wants to see a Stanley Cup during his tenure, the best option might be to pay-off Nurse to either retire or sign somewhere else.

They'll likely be okay in the end, but dayum they have to win the next one. Can't possibly start 0-4 on a homestand, can they...?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
With Nurse, is it too much to ask him to just be mediocre instead?
Textbook example of self fulfilling prophecy.

Sign a contract you know you can’t live up to. Proceed to not live up to it in the most disastrous way possible.

• Haha
Reactions: frag2

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
A period? I’d take a shift at this point.

1728876262443.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad