Post-Game Talk: The Hangover was actually a funny movie. This … is very unfunny.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Every member of the top PP unit looks bad. It's various degrees of bad, but they're struggling at both ends of the ice. Drai and Bouch have been towards the meh end, while McDavid still looks rusty af, and RNH and Hyman have been outright a$$.

Skinner and to a point Arvidsson seemed to be the only ones with a pulse.

Dermott's such a weird player. He's not small and he's not slow, but he seemingly always allows himself to lose leverage.

I thought Stecher and Kulak where they're best defensive pair at both ends. Stecher seems like the only defenceman outside of Ekholm that's willing to make quick plays. He did a good job get the puck and advancing it. Just play him with Nurse already and go back to Kulak-Emberson.

I don't care if they like the 12 they have, they need to get some size and physical play into the lineup upfront. Philp would be a good first step. It's sucks to see Ryan lose his job, but they can't have both an unphysical top 6 and bottom 6.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Good
Jeff Skinner (as advertised, which is what you can expect)

Okay
Corey Perry (he is what he is and had an unfair goal taken off)
Derek Ryan (this is a bad sign)
Mattias Ekholm (solid dman continues to be solid enough)
Troy Stetcher (has a way of getting a puck through traffic. Our best RHD tonight. Good luck on the bench/Bako)

Bad
Reffing
Defence and PP coaching
Nearly everyone else
*Shout out to Bouchard, who is dropping dollars/day on his future contract

Atrocious
Travis Dermott
Darrell Nurse (I was gonna give him a special category, but he was the only physical player on this team, so he's one step above where he really should be)

Lines 1 and 2 don't have a physical force with Hyman seemingly neutured and Arvidsson approximately 4'5". McDavid and Draisaitl are being played physical every shift and look like shit by the third. Line 3 has stone-hands McBrown and stone-hands McPodracing, with a seemingly cooked Uncle Rico. Your top pairing RHD has a turnover per shift and is still allergic to defence. Your second pairing is barely AHL calibre right now. Your third pairing is a revolving door of players. Your backup has regressed to his career status as AHL backup, and your starter can't make a key save. What do you do?

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yup, Kane is a player worth pining for. The other guys were more or less nothingburgers that wouldn’t turn these L’s into W’s

Maybe Kane can give them a pep talk?
Poor Kane is probably still loaded up on pain meds. Hernia surgeries are a real bitch from what I've heard.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I think the last 2 years was their real Cup window. Team is too old, slow and uninspired now.
Yeah I know it's just 3 games but you can't do this shit every year and keep expecting to dig out of it, it's going to wear on these old legs playing catch up all season. Plus when you have Darnell Nurse at $9.25m on your team, you're always at a major disadvantage.
Just wait until you have Draisaitl making 14m next year.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Well the good news is that this is crushing the secondary ticket market. Many tickets less than half price tonight. Good for families who can't otherwise afford.
Thats not good news.... If you want to buy my tickets I will sell to you for face value if they are not spoken for. I have 2 or 4

Reactions: Heavy Dee

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
I’m not sure I’ve ever ripped on McD before but he better get his head out of his ass. He’s the captain and he’s playing like shit, f***ing lead already.

Connor and Leon both... I hope Drai realizes that part of the reason he got as much slack as he did for his hot-cold performances over the years is because he was so underpaid. As the soon to be highest earner in the NHL he will no longer be given that kind of grace by the media OR fans. He needs to start earning his paycheque on and off the ice.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
lol just saw the game impact score cards

Darnell is just trash. Omfg.
It doesn’t matter who we pair with him it seems. He’s always like bottom 2

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
lol just saw the game impact score cards

Darnell is just trash. Omfg.
It doesn’t matter who we pair with him it seems. He’s always like bottom 2

He’s our worst defenseman at the moment, and that includes the new guys everyone is up in arms about. I’m not sure if Josh Brown would be any worse at this point.

Reactions: guymez and frag2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad