The Great Dale Weise Debate (& other ex-Hawks) volume 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
No need for a reply.
you know exactly what I am talking about. there are 1,000 unspoken codes in sports and in life...you see a pretty girl walking down the street in a skirt you dont go up to her and put your hand up her skirt...it is UNSPOKEN to not do that, no shit. my point was that it isn't about codes anymore it is about individuals and how they react and what they do in these situations. Pateryn reacted in the moment, not a cheap shot fight or cherry picked moment, but out of anger from a borderline cheap hit received. there is no code on that to stand up for yourself for f***s sake man. No further need of a reply from me either..

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
danault with 25 points this year. 8 goals at 17 minutes a night.

I think his injury early in the year has impacted him quite a bit.

The PPG equates to 39 points.

I think Kampf ends up turning into a similar player numbers wise. 30-40 points per season with a 52-53% FOW.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I don't think Shaw's hit was very dirty at all. He "finished his check" a little late and knew what he was doing but I don't think it was too bad.

Neither was Pateryn's reaction. He hit him, saw he was out, and stopped. Shouldn't have done it obviously, but it was out of anger and it's not like he had to be pulled off Shaw by the refs while he kept pummeling him

Reactions: ChiHawks10

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
you know exactly what I am talking about. there are 1,000 unspoken codes in sports and in life...you see a pretty girl walking down the street in a skirt you dont go up to her and put your hand up her skirt...it is UNSPOKEN to not do that, no ****. my point was that it isn't about codes anymore it is about individuals and how they react and what they do in these situations. Pateryn reacted in the moment, not a cheap shot fight or cherry picked moment, but out of anger from a borderline cheap hit received. there is no code on that to stand up for yourself for ****s sake man. No further need of a reply from me either..

Uh... that's a spoken code, [mod]. It's called law.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, that's kind of sexual assault, I think.

Pretty sure that would constitute sexual assault, yeah.

A better example of unspoken code... would be if you come on my boat, you provide some food, some bait, some beer, or some gas money. Now I won't outright ask you for it, because that's not the person I am. But it's unspoken code among fisherman/boaters that if you join in the fun on my rig, you can chip in towards the day in some fashion, and with more than just your presence.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
subtle brag about having a boat...

Haha. Pretty sure everyone on here knows I have a boat already. Hell, I think I posted pictures of it at one point during a conversation with someone about fishing. Not much to brag about, anyways. Just a moderate sized fishing boat. ;)

Now if I had a 40 foot offshore powerboat with twin supercharged 525s, I'd be more inclined to brag...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Pretty sure that would constitute sexual assault, yeah.

A better example of unspoken code... would be if you come on my boat, you provide some food, some bait, some beer, or some gas money. Now I won't outright ask you for it, because that's not the person I am. But it's unspoken code among fisherman/boaters that if you join in the fun on my rig, you can chip in towards the day in some fashion, and with more than just your presence.
If you invite me, I ain't paying for shit lol

Reactions: ChiHawks10

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Live look at @ChiHawks10

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad