The Great Dale Weise Debate (& other ex-Hawks) volume 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
No hate. Forsling needs seasoning, as does Gus, Rutta and more than likely Snugs as well.

I repeat, Hawks need to get serious about bringing in a solid defenseman who actually can play defense. Otherwise, the growing pains will continue.
the big difference here and you are pointing out is logic. we and i would guess many would assume to agree with you on bringing in an experience top fa d-men. however we are talking about SB.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Shaw had a troubling run in taking a big run at a guy on the Stars and knocking himself out on the hit.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Pateryn had a lot of nice things to say about Shaw after that hit...yikes... said this is why the guy gets like 4-5 concussions per year, he has no sorrow for him...cant say I blame Pateryn either, when you play like a wrecking ball at times you get what you give.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Pateryn had a lot of nice things to say about Shaw after that hit...yikes... said this is why the guy gets like 4-5 concussions per year, he has no sorrow for him...cant say I blame Pateryn either, when you play like a wrecking ball at times you get what you give.

What did he say?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
it also looks to me as he also hit the edge of the , where the board and the glass meets.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
it also looks to me as he also hit the edge of the , where the board and the glass meets.

He was unconscious before he ever hit the boards. He went cold as soon as his jaw hit Pateryn's helmet. The hit on the boards didn't help things, but he was already out at that point.

Hell, Pateryn punching him in the face is probably what woke him back up...

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
You appreciate the moxie but Shaw needs to be better about picking his battles, that guy is huge.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
He was unconscious before he ever hit the boards. He went cold as soon as his jaw hit Pateryn's helmet. The hit on the boards didn't help things, but he was already out at that point.

Hell, Pateryn punching him in the face is probably what woke him back up...

ref bold 1, that i didn't know, thanks for that little tidbit.

bold 2. sorry but that is extremely funny. :biglaugh: :cheers: :cool:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don't miss Shaw. At all.
yep, and we were just talking about this in the Marchand thread we were all discussing...and boom, here you go!! though I wouldnt call this a "cheap shot", Shaw was late with the hit, was aiming up towards the upper body/head area...it is a garbage play and Shaw deserves we he got out of it...some nice punches to his mashed potato head as well...

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
i thought it was a pretty good hit by shaw. i realize there heads must have hit but i didnt even see it. this guy sounds butt hurt.

i miss shaw big time and i think the hawks do too.:nod:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah?

..and why are people railing on Shaw? He tried to lay a hit, not dirty IMO, and got the worst of it.

Exactly. I can't believe folks think it is okay to sucker punch a guy when he's already down on the ice. Conscious or not. 3 games minimum.

As for Shaw: I said when I first saw Shaw play with Hawks that he wouldn't be able to play like that for too long. I reckon his NHL career is close to being over. Getting suckered like that doesn't help.

Quiz: Does Pateryn get suspended?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad