OT: The Football Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Isn’t there a mall right next to met life? That Black Friday game will not be cool at all. Unless you love sitting in traffic.

You sit in brutal traffic leaving MetLife on a Sunday too, don't see a huge difference.

My 'pretty cool' comment is more from a TV watching perspective anyway.

Reactions: Big L

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
You sit in brutal traffic leaving MetLife on a Sunday too, don't see a huge difference.

My 'pretty cool' comment is more from a TV watching perspective anyway.
Yes traffic is always brutal leaving. Now imagine that, and add in mall shopping traffic on Black Friday.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I was going to get tickets for the black friday games. They weren't resales but visa seats. Ok but not great seats were all $330-$400. I've basically told Springsteen to F-off now same for Jets.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Has the Jets schedule early on in the season dampened any of the enthusiasm?

Bills, @ Dallas, Patriots, KC, @Denver, Philly, @Giants, Chargers, @Vegas, @ Billsis brutal. 4-6 in that stretch may actually be good. I hope we are not looking for our first win in week 5

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Has the Jets schedule early on in the season dampened any of the enthusiasm?

Bills, @ Dallas, Patriots, KC, @Denver, Philly, @Giants, Chargers, @Vegas, @ Billsis brutal. 4-6 in that stretch may actually be good. I hope we are not looking for our first win in week 5
If the defense plays well Jets can go 500 to start the season.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Maybe
But Zach did . . .
Looks like the future is now
If he can’t handle it at least we’ll know what to do in April
In Zach’s defense he looked pretty good . That line is horrendous and he got off a bunch of tough passes when they needed them. He’s mentally stronger than I thought too. Incredible poise playing in front of 80,000 fans who don’t like his game and keeping his composure. That had to help his confidence and he bought the team some time.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
In Zach’s defense he looked pretty good . That line is horrendous and he got off a bunch of tough passes when they needed them. He’s mentally stronger than I thought too. Incredible poise playing in front of 80,000 fans who don’t like his game and keeping his composure. That had to help his confidence and he bought the team some time.
Rodgers can coach him up, I hope, while he rehabs

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Zach just can't see the field. He's really good at evading defenders and buying time, but he rarely competes passes with the extra time like the elite quarterbacks. He usually just throws it to the sideline to avoid losing yards. Not sure he can read a defense either.

Reactions: The Real JT

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Seems like the Jets season started pretty much the same as the Mets. Jets, Mets, and islanders. Idk why I do this to myself.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Zach just can't see the field. He's really good at evading defenders and buying time, but he rarely competes passes with the extra time like the elite quarterbacks. He usually just throws it to the sideline to avoid losing yards. Not sure he can read a defense either.
I agree that Zach can’t see the field. That is why he is bad in the pocket. Hackett needs to get Zach rolling out throwing to a half field. If the defense is top 5 and the ground game excels and Hackett can turn Zach into a game manager this team can still win a lot of games.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
It's my fault Rodgers got hurt. I got in the stadium a little late, was on the chicken fingers line at MetLife when he went down. Didn't even see the guy take a snap. Hands up that's on me I'll aim to do better.

• Haha
Reactions: PK Cronin

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
The pressure is off. He has full support of his team and coaching staff. A mentor in Rodgers. A defense that will keep them in most games and plenty of options available in the air and on the ground. Add to that a chip on his shoulder and the table is set for Wilson taking this team to the playoffs.
Are you nuts? Only publicly does he have support of team and coaches. They all hate this doosh, same as last year. Playoffs with Wilson? Bwahahahahha playoffs?! Playoffs?!<insert Jim mora>

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad