The Erik "Gudzilla" Gudbranson Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Oleksiak seemed to win every other fight he was involved in. Wilson jumped him. I don't see why you'd trade someone after losing 1 fight.

Unless maybe after the concussion Oleksiak specifically told the team he wasn't going to fight anymore.

That and Wilson is the 2nd baddest dude in the league. Reaves is the only one that can consistently beat that dude and JR chose to trade him away. It's like JR can't accept that the Caps are tougher than the Pens.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
But... Reaves was totally ineffective in how he was utilized here. And he had the advantage of being a forward in a semi-enforcer role.

Like you said, JR is just throwing **** at the wall and hoping it sticks...
Getting to the OZ, the cap crunch...is all put off til later(he's gonna let Sully try and figure that first part out. lol)...

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
The peeps that were discussing it said he took Connolly out in that game Wilson fought him, i think.

I know he's not a punishing defender but when things get chippy in a heated game, i think he's more Reaves than he is Rig.
Willing to do it. Just needs the motivation.
Gudbranson hasn’t lost a fight in 5 years (15 fights).

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Know what’s even more KraZy... Pens beat them twice in the playoffs when they had Tom Wilson.

Why JR got so obsessed with him is almost comical at this point.

UNPOSSIBLE.

Are you sure we aren't forgetting the part where they had an impromptu Thunderdome and MasterBlaster dropped down from the rafters, brained Tom Wilson, waved to the fans and flew off on a helicopter? Because surely something like that is the only way you defeat the mighty Capitals and their Ultimate Alpha Tom Wilson?

Seriously though this shit is embarrassing. You know how much I hate the f***ing Capitals? And now THIS shit?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Gudbranson hasn’t lost a fight in 5 years (15 fights).

He's also -49 in those 5 yrs. Heh.
Like i said, the fun factor with him and JJ now is off the charts.
I have zero expectations, cups and rings in the bag, every win in a game or a trade is gravy from here on out in this window.

Reactions: Justin Sickways

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
How was this dude a 3rd overall pick? Something isn’t adding up right. Or he is a colossal bust.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I saw on twitter earlier someone rehashed the Schultz trade from 2016. Going back and reading some of the comments from that was eerily similar to the reaction yesterday.

Hopefully it works out the same for them.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
UNPOSSIBLE.

Are you sure we aren't forgetting the part where they had an impromptu Thunderdome and MasterBlaster dropped down from the rafters, brained Tom Wilson, waved to the fans and flew off on a helicopter? Because surely something like that is the only way you defeat the mighty Capitals and their Ultimate Alpha Tom Wilson?

Seriously though this **** is embarrassing. You know how much I hate the ****ing Capitals? And now THIS ****?

If it makes you feel any better Caps fans are now getting tons of laughs about the shoe being on the other foot after all the years of misery the Pens dealt them since, well.... a few decades now.

If you are into human interest stories and all...

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
How was this dude a 3rd overall pick? Something isn’t adding up right. Or he is a colossal bust.

He's a colossal bust.

Like... Maatta feels like he's been in the league forever. People seem like they have a pretty good bead on him. He doesn't appear to be moving any further upward. And Gudbranson has 3 years on him. Just as some perspective.

If it makes you feel any better Caps fans are now getting tons of laughs about the shoe being on the other foot after all the years of misery the Pens dealt them since, well.... a few decades now.

If you are into human interest stories and all...

Yeah, no. That doesn't make me feel any better. In fact it makes me feel the opposite of better.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
I saw on twitter earlier someone rehashed the Schultz trade from 2016. Going back and reading some of the comments from that was eerily similar to the reaction yesterday.

I'm not going to hold my breath. even then, the issue with Schultz wasn't his ability, it was his usage.

Gudbranson doesn't have the ability.

Reactions: Justin Sickways

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
That and Wilson is the 2nd baddest dude in the league. Reaves is the only one that can consistently beat that dude and JR chose to trade him away. It's like JR can't accept that the Caps are tougher than the Pens.

Reaves is actually a pretty solid player, and he doesn't hurt you. He's got 17 points this year being used in a more offensive role for 10 minutes a night. so he isn't just Tanner Glass out there. The whole Brassard deal was a disaster from every possible angle, and traded out arguably our two toughest players who could actually play for a bum. Looking back, that trade may have been the beginning of the end of our window. It's sad, we'd have been way better off just paying Bonino.

This recurring trying to get tough thing is a mess, as the coach doesn't want these guys, but the GM does. I would be fine with either approach as long as everyone is on-board. This was the big issue with Shero and DB, bringing in players the coach had no idea how to, or no desire to use properly. It's a killer.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
If he beats the shit out of Tom Wilson and then sits the rest of the year, I’ll be okay with the trade.

zero8771

Jun 15, 2012

Yup. Nisky, Schulz, JJ, Lovejoy all got this treatment. Seems to be the default. You know what they say about a broken clock being right twice a day...

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Here's the Schultz trade thread here - Confirmed with Link: - Justin Schultz (50% retained) to Penguins for 3rd round pick

Sure, there's some big negative responses... but also a lot of shrugging, and a few expressions of support. Nothing like the response here to Gudbranson.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
He's a colossal bust.

Like... Maatta feels like he's been in the league forever. People seem like they have a pretty good bead on him. He doesn't appear to be moving any further upward. And Gudbranson has 3 years on him. Just as some perspective.

Yeah, no. That doesn't make me feel any better. In fact it makes me feel the opposite of better.

My bad cuz.

Let me re-phrase...

Caps fans are revealing in some sweet schadenfreude, and one or two, or ten of them is reading your posts now and laughing.

That do it for you?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Generally I don't like "enforcers" on D anyway because they often have to go wayyy out of position to do their policing. A winger can get away with that.

This and Gudbranson's cap hit is why I don't think he'll be here beyond the year. I think JR would rather try to sign Haley in free agency over have a D spot taken up by Gudbranson.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
My bad cuz.

Let me re-phrase...

Caps fans are revealing in some sweet schadenfreude, and one or two, or ten of them is reading your posts now and laughing.

That do it for you?

Eh. At least SOME people can get a guffaw out of this flaming garbage pile.

Honestly let them laugh. They aren't exactly setting the world aflame right now, themselves. Maybe finding out the hard way that being the champs isn't all sunshine and kittens.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Eh. At least SOME people can get a guffaw out of this flaming garbage pile.

Honestly let them laugh. They aren't exactly setting the world aflame right now, themselves. Maybe finding out the hard way that being the champs isn't all sunshine and kittens.

I’m actually kind of laughing, but I’m twisted so...

JR has completely f***ed this up, but I suspect the Pens will put together a tough run here. Mostly because of Crosby’s hatred for losing.

Or they will just miss out on a top ten pick, make the playoffs, get curb stomped, and JR will show up to the Kessel trade presser without his robe.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
The peeps that were discussing it said he took Connolly out in that game Wilson fought him, i think.

I know he's not a punishing defender but when things get chippy in a heated game, i think he's more Reaves than he is Rig.
Willing to do it. Just needs the motivation.
From what I know of seeing Guds here in Vancouver is that he will fight when challenged and when he has to defend his mates. That's one thing I will give him and that he's a rock solid guy. Players think they lined him up and just bounce off of him. But he definitely can f*** guys up with his fists.

Getz is a big boy..

Hamonic maybe shouldn't have...

Good Lord...

And of course...a Cryer...f***ing beauty.
Erik Gudbranson vs Zac Rinaldo Mar 8, 2012

By the end of today my goal is to champion this turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad