Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Eichel, good, bad, ugly Sabres vs Sens

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I think if hes on Emergency Recall he could theoretically play as many games until someone is healthy and it wouldnt count as a year on his ELC. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Like if he played 15 on ER its still not a year. Not 100% tho but its not happening
This is incorrect. Whether a player is recalled on an emergency basis has no bearing on whether or not their ELC slides.

Reactions: joshjull and vcv

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
After reading the Carcillo piece, I want Okposo retired. For his own and his family's sake.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Be a blessing if Okposo is done for the year. Don’t mean to be an asshole, but this team gets an upgrade with him off the ice.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
After reading the Carcillo piece, I want Okposo retired. For his own and his family's sake.

He's a man and him and his family will make the choice in the end. But Sabres fans always trying to find a alternative way to get rid of that contact under the disguise of caring makes me a bit sick sometimes.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Thought Asplund played really well. Having Taylor up I'm sure helped Ralph with his usage and Asplund's confidence.

They sure need him being down 2 Centers now. Not sure if he has 2C upside, but I believe he can fill in 3/4C fine now and going forward.

His PK energy was refreshing as well.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I know there is parity in the league, but for a team that is supposed to be a lot better this year, I have to wonder about struggling against a bad team.

Reactions: SabresSharks

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
He's a man and him and his family will make the choice in the end. But Sabres fans always trying to find a alternative way to get rid of that contact under the disguise of caring makes me a bit sick sometimes.
From a hockey standpoint, it's a bad contract.
From a human standpoint, nobody wants to see a guy with long term brain issues.

There's nothing sickening about it. Most people are logical and humane. Nobody was wishing for a concussion to push him out of the league.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Lazar was decent but he was also super lucky he didn’t get penalties. He kept launching his body into opposing players when they have the puck. I’m just assuming that’s not a legal play because I’ve never seen any other Sabres forwards doing it.
I believe that is what they call a “body check” around the league. Had to go back and watch the Sabres game in Anaheim to see what it looked like. The ducks players used that technique quite often which seems to coincide with the Sabres downturn.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Lazar v Shaw should be interesting to watch tonight. I’ll be there so I can watch behind the play. Shaw is a prick.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Be a blessing if Okposo is done for the year. Don’t mean to be an *******, but this team gets an upgrade with him off the ice.
Not on the 4th line it doesn't, his puck protect and cycle are key to LOG.

If you want to argue against the salary cap hit versus that role, that's valid.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Lazar was decent but he was also super lucky he didn’t get penalties. He kept launching his body into opposing players when they have the puck. I’m just assuming that’s not a legal play because I’ve never seen any other Sabres forwards doing it.
upload_2019-11-17_10-31-25.gif

in all seriousness, I really liked Lazar. One of the few Sabres who kept loving his feet and kept his stick active. Seems like he will be a great bottom 6 forward.

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
Second game of the season I couldn't watch at all, and Jack does that. I ought to skip tonight's game as well.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
The Lame...the DJ playing Happy Jack by The Who after Eichel’s Hat Trick... great band but lame song.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad