Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Eichel, good, bad, ugly Sabres vs Sens

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Pull a Scotty Bowman and emergency injury recall rasmus cozens leading the whl in scoring for his 9 games.. Kid was thinking he might make team out of camp til his hitchhiking injury ... C'mon..Doet..
I think if hes on Emergency Recall he could theoretically play as many games until someone is healthy and it wouldnt count as a year on his ELC. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Like if he played 15 on ER its still not a year. Not 100% tho but its not happening

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I think if hes on Emergency Recall he could theoretically play as many games until someone is healthy and it wouldnt count as a year on his ELC. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Like if he played 15 on ER its still not a year. Not 100% tho but its not happening
Ask chainshot. I am only passing info i didnt know until a couple weeks ago..

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
G:
we won a game!
1st line
Eichel x4
Asplund, Lazar, and Girgs providing physical play

B:
special teams once again
so many missed chances. Olofsson, Sheary, and Skinner..oh my
Scandella's allergy to the puck
Okposo injured

U:
Montour today
Krueger benching Dahlin the entire 3rd for who knows what

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Honestly, I don't get it. It doesn't look like much but could be career ending given Okposo's history

After everything that came out last time, you gotta think hes at that point where it's just not worth it anymore. Props for being a good soldier, and hes had an ok year, but he has young kids maybe just go on IR and unofficially retire. Hate to see guys like him burn out like he has, but wouldnt mind him in a more development and coaching role with the team. I dont want to read some article about how bad his quality of life has become because he tried to lace them up and took one too many hits to the head.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Letting KO continue to play is gross negligence.
He's at the point Kariya got too where just getting grazed was enough to KO him. It's a terrifying thing to see. He's definitely shouldn't be allowed to keep playing at this point.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
After everything that came out last time, you gotta think hes at that point where it's just not worth it anymore. Props for being a good soldier, and hes had an ok year, but he has young kids maybe just go on IR and unofficially retire. Hate to see guys like him burn out like he has, but wouldnt mind him in a more development and coaching role with the team. I dont want to read some article about how bad his quality of life has become because he tried to lace them up and took one too many hits to the head.
Sadly, he may have already taken one too many hits. Sad. Scary.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
He's at the point Kariya got too where just getting grazed was enough to KO him. It's a terrifying thing to see. He's definitely shouldn't be allowed to keep playing at this point.

The problem is the league doesnt want to admit concussions are a problem to long term health, so letting a guy go on IR to avoid a possible future concussion looks bad when they go to court.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
It was only messy because other teams were willing to have Patty on their team.

Sure won’t be the case with Okposo
It got messy because Lafontaine was medically cleared by his own doctors. If Okposo did the same this could make him ineligible for LTIR. It actually could get messier with Okposo because nobody wants him. Let's hope he's ok or wants to call it a career.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I liked Lazars performance, personally.

I liked Lazar preseason, I liked him coming up, I've liked him in his 2 games up. He's not a top-6 guy, obviously, but he's exactly what we need in the bottom 6. Solid D, lil offense, and he grinds. Him>Vesey/Sobotka.

Hope KO is alright. Before we write the dude off completely- Adam Mair had a damned serious conky on a nothing hit and then came back for some solid seasons. Not all concussions come from massive impacts, just a solid jolt is enough sometimes. I do think his longterm health is of paramount importance, but I'd also hate to tell a guy it's over when he himself wants to play and could potentially still play. Tricky issue because the medical info is more and more saying that you should hang 'em up sooner rather than later.. but you also have guys like Bergeron who have continued to have successful careers after serious concussion scares.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
“I got a text from a friend, Matt Moulson,” Eichel said. “He was all over me to start shooting the puck, so I thought I’d start shooting a little more.”

Reactions: rylt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad