Congratulations! YOU Have Been Hired As GM of the LA Kings. Post Your Offseason Plan & Lineup.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
AEG has fired Blake and Robitaille right before the draft. You have been hired as president and GM. Below is what you have to work with.

Your directive is to make this team as competitive as possible without completely screwing up the future. Post your offseason moves and final roster.

CURRENT ROSTER:
XXXX-Kopitar-Kempe
Fiala-XXXX-XXXX
Moore-Danault-Laferriere
Turcotte-Thomas-XXXX

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
XXXX-XXXX
Englund

Kuemper
Rittich

Provorov 2.025M
Richards 700K
Carryover Bonuses: 1.85M

CAP SPACE: 23.45M

RFAs:
Byfield
Grundstrom
Kaliyev
Lizotte
Spence
Fagemo
Portillo

UFAs:
Arvidsson
Lewis
Roy
Talbot
Copley

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Whatever my President tells me. That's how I got hired as GM of the Kings... Mostly work on my French.

Though I see that I am President as well. So mostly trade everybody and rebuild. This team has no shot of competing.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Whatever my President tells me. That's how I got hired as GM of the Kings... Mostly work on my French.

Though I see that I am President as well. So mostly trade everybody and rebuild. This team has no shot of competing.
Your directive is to make the team as competitive as possible without totally f***ing the future.

You took the job. Now get your ass to work!!!

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Your directive is to make the team as competitive as possible without totally f***ing the future.

You took the job. Now get your ass to work!!!
I would totally save the future. By trading everybody :laugh:

I would go the Dean Lombardi route, keep the key prospects and players of my predecessor, eject everyone else for futures, sign a bunch of stopgap scrubs for 3-5 seasons, eject all personnel and clean house, develop a player development program around a culture and identity of being big. skilled, and tough to play against, and then look to make shrewd deals a long the way, mainly in years 3-5.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
As the Kings GM I would make sure to keep with tradition and immediately hire all my buddies.

Reactions: chris kontos

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Only can say, like what they've done so far:

Sign Rittich
sign Akil, Turcotte, Lee.
Trade PLD for Kuemper, zero retained!
Gain 3.4 ? cap

Glad they have NOT signed Roy, Arvy, Lewis, Grund, Liz.

One thing I like, is that they took care of PLD #1, so they can get to #2...sign QB, hopefully
this coming week, so they can know where they stand, July 1.
Another thing I like, is the get uncomfortable and 'we are not happy', 'the fans not happy', 'the players are not happy' and this is not like the last few Summers. They know they must make up for the PLD blunder and I expect some upgrades. At least they know they must deliver. That being said, may not be truly what we would hope for.

I found it interesting that Turc's deal was 775,000 and they are still trying to squeeze out nickles...I was expecting like 900,000 or even 1 million. Shows me they are going to use every penny to
get the best talent they can.

This coming week, hope they get a good deal for Arty, sign Spence and QB and have another deal by draft day or at the draft.

Only miss so far, is the logo and forthcoming jersey's. I am so ready for some color and they messed up. Doesn't have to be all purple + gold....one of those can work with black and silver.
Tired of black, silver and white....goes with De-LUC-sional's white hair, I guess?

Reactions: Fripp and Statto

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Sign byfield to 6x6 start him at center2
Give kaliyev a were sorry raise to 2x4 start at lw 2
Sign zadorov 5x4 start at #3 d
Let anderson lewis talbot and copley walk
Get rid of lizotte and gruntstrom and extend the rest of the rfa's
Have roy and spence fight to the finish in a texas death match fought with butter knives
Physically beat the living shit out luc every time ha says anything related to team strategy, personel, drafting, development or anything that isnt marketing
Sic the irs snd immigration on bergevin and brisson so the get deported to french guiana
(penal colony)
Paint ball blakes and lucs jerseys in the rafters
Thats my plan and im stickin to it

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
  • Arthur Kaliyev for Tanner Jeannot +2.6M
  • Sign Quinton Byfield 4.5M x 2
  • Sign Jordan Spence 2.75M x 3
  • Sign Samuel Fagemo 850k x 1
  • Sign Nikita Zadorov 5.25M x 4
  • Sign Anthony Beauvillier 3M x 1
  • Sign Yakov Trenin 3M x 3
2 Million in Cap Space left

Beauvillier - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Byfield - Trenin
Moore - Danault - Thomas
Jeannot - Turcotte - Laferriere
*Fagemo

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Spence
Zadorov - Clarke
*Englund

Kuemper
Rittich

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
First step would be telling Dan Beckerman to nut up and either allow a real rebuild built around Byfield and Clarke or get Phil to sell the team. Trying to stay competitive but still kinda sorta building for the future is how we got into this mess in the first place.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
???/55/22
12/24/78
61/11/9

Doughty/Spence
???/Roy
Mikey/Clarke

Need a good PP player for Byfield's line.
Ideally trade Doughty for a decent, overpriced forward.
Get a puck moving LD so that every D pair has someone that can make a pass.
Can we really be mad that Gavrikov didn't want to sign long term?

PP: Fiala, Kempe, Clarke, New First line forward, 55 parked in front of net.

PK: not Kopitar

None of that matters without a goalie.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Toffoli looks like a pretty good fit.

I also wonder if Henrique wants to come back to SoCal. 35 years old, but would look good on the 3rd line IMO.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Toffoli looks like a pretty good fit.

I also wonder if Henrique wants to come back to SoCal. 35 years old, but would look good on the 3rd line IMO.
I wouldnt sign these old balls, gotta let the youth play too.

I'd prefer the Jeannot reclamation project. A bit younger and tough AF. If anyone pisses around and wastes time he can slap them about.

edit.. who was the last every game skater in the forward group we had that could really handle themselves, cliffy, looch?

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I would keep the pairs together in the preseason (Kopitar and Kempe, Danault and Moore).

Don't make any moves until closer to the deadline after assessing what you need after you try to cycle a new L1 and a guy with each pair.

Basically tryouts.

Fiala - Byfield - ?

Kempe - Kopitar ?

? - Danault - Moore

Grundstrom - Lizotte -?

I feel opening night would most likely end up being ( but anything could happen in the preseason tryout period.)

Fiala - Byfield - Kaliyev

Kempe - Kopitar - Laferierre

Fagemo - Danault - Moore

Turcotte - Lizotte - Grundstrom

Lee/ Akil

MA - DD

Gavrikov - Spence

Englund - Clarke

Moverare

Kuemper / Rittich

Depending on what happens at the draft, this could all be changed.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I love Lizotte, but he should not be re-signed.

The problem now with a significant amount of youth possibly coming in the Kings will need his experience for L4 - C.

Who knows by the deadline their may be bigger needs than replacing Lizotte. Like a goaltender, a scoring winger or a LHD upgrade.

That's why you have tryouts early season then make the moves where the biggest holes end up being after you try to integrate some young players.

• Haha
Reactions: BaileyFan

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
In the NHL25 dreams...

1) Trade Kaliyev+Spence+1st (2025) to Carolina for Necas. Sign him to a 6x6 deal.
2) Trade Gavrikov+Hughes to Boston for Geekie+Peeke
3) Trade Englund+2nd (2026) to Vegas for Hague+Kolesar
4) Trade Lizotte and Grundstrum away for mid round picks (anywhere).
5) Sign Zadorov (4×6) and Duhaime (2×1)

Kempe-Kopitar-Necas
Turcotte-Byfield-Fiala
Moore-Danault-Lafreniere
Duhaime-Geekie-Thomas
Kolesar, Fagemo

Anderson-Doughty
Zadorov-Clarke
Hague-Peeke
Moverare

Kuemper
Rittich

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
It's not what I or you want....I will put on my Blucgevin hat. It is a Canadien Toque, with tin foil added plating.

The Kings were in retool with a tinge of we are competing for playoffs + round 1 win and see where it goes...for at least the last 3 years, evidenced by:

2021 Sign Danault, trade 2nd and 3rd for Arvidsson, sign Edler. Admirable on paper.
2022 Trade #1 and Faber for Fiala. 2023 deadline Quick, #1 2023 for Gavrikov, Korpisalo
2023 Trade a slew of players; Petersen, Walker, Durzi, Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari, for PLD.

2024. They now at least know they are not going to compete and that the PLD thing set them back...BUT have coorected course, by trading him. They will STILL YET try to swing for the fences,
be aggressive, to propel this rudderless thing, called the 're-branded, even more colorless logo backwards multi million dollared think tank, devoid of innovation and color'

Integrity and Passion. For Mediocrity.

So, I commend them for the first 'uncompfortable move. PLD to Caps for Kuemper. $0 retained.
WIN. But still a loss, for assets given in the entire mess.

I fully expect more than a trade Arty for a Ottawa Mattheiu Joseph or pick...or who knows?
And a few signings like Toffoli, DeBrusk, Bertuzzi, Joshua, Trenin, Zadorov, Dillon...or dare I say OEL?
OEL has not been horrible for Florida and his 2.25 M, has been looking better than his 2 VAN seasons. He'd honestly be a good pairing with DD I believe....Maata didn't work...and since then Anderson has worked. OEL is 32 and has been Florida's best D some games...but Forsling is better.
I'm not saying I would be all in for OEL, but he has looked pretty good. Kings need a lot more offense from backend. Clarke will begin to provide that.

I got off track there, with OEL. Maybe I should wait for game 7 and see if he has a big / good game. Would prefer Skjei? Absolutely. In a non cap world. I think the Kings will be getting 1 of these reclamation players, ala Tarasenko, Duchene, Drouin, OEL....or LAINE? Some have worked out pretty good. Are they the best targets? NO. Cap messes up most teams plans.

I was just reading Nik (not even sure who he is ) on X and was bemoaning the Jets cap situation (he and others in the thread) 'we can't sign McGroarty, with IAFALLO and Appleton in his way...we cannot even get Heinola in, with 12M going to Pionk and Schmidt.
Most every team has cap issues.

The Kings are at least in a better situation than many this Summer...to take on a player that we would never even think of. If, there is some retention. Firstly, everything depends on QB's deal.
We really cannot figure all the pieces out, without QB's numbers.

If...in a vaccuum...PLD was set to be here 7 more years and 8.5 committed to him...than it's not totally absurd they replace him with another (better fit) 8.5 million player. Ideally, fill that 8.5M with 2 players: 5M and 3.5M Makes sense? But that is you and I. This is the Kings....they may have sights on a more star player and go with a more minum contract guy / reclamation 1.5 M guy to take Arvy's place. I love Akil Thomas and think he will surprise to the upside....that being said, they will not pencil him in to take Arvy's spot - whether or not he could do it -

I have a feeling there are 5 M to 9 M players out there, that a team will move, to sign players they need / want to sign. Enter the Kings. And their weird moves...ala taking on 2.1M for Provorov. Who had that on their bingo card? Maybe the Kings acquire a 5-9 M player and another team takes 2M of the contract, ala Provorov kind of thing. Who? I don't know. Let's say OTT wants to move Chabot and his 8M for next 2 years...if Kings want to help them with their cap issues...make a deal and have 2-3M of that retained, or dealt to another team. Do I want Chabot? Not at that $. Not sure if he's even a good fit. The Kings need size and toughness...but we have known that for years, not them! Maybe TBL want to maove Cirelli and take on some of his cap? I cannot figure out why they just got McDonagh as he's 35 and they are in cap hell. ?? Hey, we'll take Sergachev!
Another out there, makes questionable sense? Laine, of course.

I'd prefer to get a young player like McGroarty, that is up and coming stud. Wish the Kings could have a vision to get young players like that in a deal...instead of the 27-32 yr olds that can appease the older vets to go for another cup run! I wouldn't be shocked for them to get a younger player that may be needing a new start, ala Kakko. (Yes, he just signed, but some say he will probably be dealt)

Why not just sign 1. Teravainen or Marchessault 2. Zadorov or Dillon 3. Trenin, Joshua or get Jeannot in a deal? Go for quality that can play. But this is the Kings and will be some kind of twisted and painful dealings and probable at-best-mixed results!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad