Congratulations! YOU Have Been Hired As GM of the LA Kings. Post Your Offseason Plan & Lineup.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
In a universe where Blake didn't make the PLD trade, our situation would look like this:

Fiala-XXXX-Kempe
Iafallo-Kopitar-Vilardi
Moore-Danault-Laferriere
Turcotte-Thomas-XXXX
Kupari

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
XXXX-XXXX
Englund

XXXX
Rittich

Provorov 2.025M
Richards 700K
Carryover Bonuses: 1.85M

CAP SPACE: 18.6M

That's a pretty deep roster, with a shit ton of cap space to work with. Plus we'd have the 37th OA pick this upcoming draft.
Did Byfield die?

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
In a universe where Blake didn't make the PLD trade, our situation would look like this:

Fiala-XXXX-Kempe
Iafallo-Kopitar-Vilardi
Moore-Danault-Laferriere
Turcotte-Thomas-XXXX
Kupari

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
XXXX-XXXX
Englund

XXXX
Rittich

Provorov 2.025M
Richards 700K

That's a pretty deep roster, with a shit ton of cap space to work with. Plus we'd have the 37th OA pick this upcoming draft.
Byfield?

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I don't know about the Moneyball stuff, but we need Byfield to be 1C, Moore to be 1W, and Spence-Clarke to be the top D pair. That's how we move.

No it needs to be Fiala getting more minutes with QB on L1 with someone else.

Start with younger guys and continue until you have something,

Pulling Kempe off of Kopitar would be a very last resort.

Moore stays with Danault trying whoever fails with QB and Kopi's line, they can be line 3 unless Kopi's line (2) bogs.
trying to be realistic, what's the dance? if you bridge QB for $5M, (please god) don't overpay roy, QO kaliyev, spence and fagemo and have akil centering the 4th line, you're left with an open winger slot and extras, and approx $5-7M cap space? i feel you have to fully integrate or trade the RFAs now and a free agent winger is doable still

kempe-kopitar-FA winger
moore-danault-fiala
turc-QB-kaliyev
fagemo-thomas-laf

anderson-doughty
gavrikov-roy
englund-clarke
spence

kuemper-rittich

i think you can afford someone like guentzel/necas or bertuzzi, carolina isn't gonna be able to sign all their guys i don't think so there's a roster to watch probably. maybe even just re-sign arvidsson for a season or two to follow QB's bridge unless RV wants more years. this lets you give QB his own line to champion and sort out being an NHL center with a whole season of leeway

all that said, this is pretty stale and isn't really any sort of improvement over last season unless we're talking addition by subtraction in PLD, but you're still a bit hamstrung with kopi and doughty on the books. just another season of "run it back" though hopefully with a less shitty system. tbh i'm kinda writing this under the assumption that next year this team is in the black hole and then "my" replacement can do some real work next offseason

1. Roy needs to go because he will be too expensive Spence and Clarke are the right side of the future.

2, In Roy's place we need LHD's that can cover for Spence and Clarke, Gavrikov expires and hasn't been worth the price.

3. Now has always been the formula. But this year you need to see which young players solidify a role then make moves with the cap space to fill any holes left.

4, QB with Turcotte and Kaliyev would be too much of a liability and not foster a successful transition for QB at C. QB and Fialla need to be partnered on with

the right player through a process of

elimination with Kempe or a trade or acquisition as last resorts.

5, That line 4 also looks like a liability. Those guys need to be given a chance higher up the lineup. Lizotte and Grundstrom would be vet leadership for the

youth so if Blakee doesn't trade or acquire other similar players you keep them.

6. I am not addressing trade and will just watch to see what Blake does. I like the Carolina watch idea.

I have never thought your comments were very good for the most part and this comment seems like a block of swiss cheeses, with all due respect.
OMG. RJ has been Blake all along.

Who goes surfing in pants?

Definite, "scrub it kook," reply to that comment.

So what do I do Scrub it kook

Fiala-XXXX-Kempe
Iafallo-Kopitar-Vilardi
Moore-Danault-Laferriere
Turcotte-Thomas-XXXX
Kupari

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
XXXX-XXXX
Englund

XXXX
Rittich

Provorov 2.025M
Richards 700K

I like your post here a lot, but you went back in the time machine again here.

Let's move forward rather than being archaeologists at the most excavated ruins on this board.

RFA's. Not signed yet.

QB is guaranteed to be signed early in the season at the latest.

Might as well plug him in, he is the future of the franchise.

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If I was GM I’d be looking to move Moore for a goal scorer of a bigger size and more grit. Moore was a no show in the playoffs and he was very intimidated. I wouldn’t want a mentally fragile player being one of my top scorers

DapperDan

Bad Thoughts
May 26, 2008
place
> Because the rumor... trade Kaliyev + our 1st to Ottawa for their later 1st + 2nd
> Trade our 3rd + 4th in 2025 to Pittsburgh for Reilly Smith ($2m retained)
> Sign Toffoli to $5m x 3
> Sign Marco Scandella to $2.9m x 2
> Sign Jordan Martinook to $2m x 3
> Ink Byfield to $5m x 2
> Ink Spence to $2.75m x 3
> Arvidsson let go. Lizotte trade for picks/depth. Grundstrom sign only below $1m, avoid arbitration, otherwise let go for picks.

Kempe - Kopitar - Smith
Fiala - Byfield - Toffoli
Moore - Danault - Laferriere
Turcotte - Thomas - Martinook
Grundstrom/plug

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Scandella - Spence
Englund

Kuemper
Rittich

Roughly at the cap.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
If I was GM I’d be looking to move Moore for a goal scorer of a bigger size and more grit. Moore was a no show in the playoffs and he was very intimidated. I wouldn’t want a mentally fragile player being one of my top scorers

Very disappointing playoff but him and Danault should be on the 3rd line with a youngster.

Moore is worth a lot less after the playoffs.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
They should be exploring the trade market to test his value.

30 goal scorer. 29yo. Only a 4.2M cap hit.

Sell high.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
They should be exploring the trade market to test his value.

30 goal scorer. 29yo. Only a 4.2M cap hit.

Sell high.
Yeah. I think it’s just worth exploring right now. He’s a good complimentary player who can score well under the right circumstances but the Kings really need to have a more distinct personality.

I think letting go of Arvidsson is the right step if they can start adding more character to this line up. Even letting go of PLD. kings can get a nice piece for Moore.

The Kings NEED to be tougher to play against. Edmonton has a ton of grit and it shows. Kings can’t afford to keep a player like Moore in the top 6 especially when you can count on him to disappear in the playoffs. Since his value is likely really high right now then it’s absolutely the right time to add a grit talented forward or even Dman and let Roy walk.

Reactions: tigermask48

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

MARCHESSAULT 3 years 6 million per​

SKJEI 3 years 6 million​

Both players would improve the roster for sure, but I can't imagine them signing for that cheap. Especially Skjei. He's gonna get paid.

March is older, so maybe he'll be relatively cheap if you give him term like that, but he still scored 40 goals last year.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I have no interest in paying good money to over 30 vets to try and help prop-up a badly built roster. The only aging vets the Kings should be interested in are stop gaps while the roster gets turned over

Step one: Try and sign Byfield long term

Step two: tell Kopi and Doughty that the team isn't a contender and won't be before they retire, and if they want another chance at a cup that I'll do my best to trade them where they want. Otherwise, you ride out their deals, less minutes to Kopi (for his own good, he wears down), no more top PP time for Doughty

Step three: Gage the market on the likes of Fiala and Kempe, who are coming out of their primes and will be well into their 30's by the time the Kings are competitive. Not saying that you sell them...yet. These two could be big targets at the deadline if the deals aren't there. Ideally looking for top prospects, a reverse Faber type of deal (McGroarty?)

Step four: Try and convince Gavrikov to waive his NTC. He wasn't good last year, and I'm not interested in giving him a long term deal.

Step five: Sell high now on Trevor Moore. He's 29, scored 31 goals, and his previous career high is 17. Major regression is coming

Many will whine and complain, but a complete reset is needed, and everything else is just delaying the inevitable .

Last edited:

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Blake is doubtful to trade Moore and risk losing that many goals in his situation.

He and Danault have tangible chemistry and would make a good L#3.

Kopi and Byfield lines above.

Last edited:

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
You're fired as well.
Why would i be fired when i'm coming in to do a reset/rebuild...and doing just that. lol.

You created a thread asking what we'd do and our plan as a newly hired GM. If your thread is what would you do if you were Rob Blake (i.e., trying to contend now), then why start a new thread when we have one for such. Rob is gonna try to contend....not rebuild/reset. I don't get it.

Reactions: KINGS17

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
You made a thread about posters getting the opportunity to play fictional GM but you're not indulging inevitable RFA signings in the other fictional scenario you're imagining where the PLD trade didn't happen last summer? Ok.
I'm confused.

Why would I indulge in their signings? That's YOUR job. You need to decide whether you're gonna bridge them or give them LTC's.

You're on the verge of being fired.

I have no interest in paying good money to over 30 vets to try and help prop-up a badly built roster. The only aging vets the Kings should be interested in are stop gaps while the roster gets turned over

Step one: Try and sign Byfield long term

Step two: tell Kopi and Doughty that the team isn't a contender and won't be before they retire, and if they want another chance at a cup that I'll do my best to trade them where they want. Otherwise, you ride out their deals, less minutes to Kopi (for his own good, he wears down), no more top PP time for Doughty

Step three: Gage the market on the likes of Fiala and Kempe, who are coming out of their primes and will be well into their 30's by the time the Kings are competitive. Not saying that you sell them...yet. These two could be big targets at the deadline if the deals aren't there. Ideally looking for top prospects, a reverse Faber type of deal (McGroarty?)

Step four: Try and convince Gavrikov to waive his NTC. He wasn't good last year, and I'm not interested in giving him a long term deal.

Step five: Sell high now on Trevor Moore. He's 29, scored 31 goals, and his previous career high is 17. Major regression is coming

Many will whine and complain, but a complete reset is needed, and everything else is just delaying the inevitable .
Fired.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Why would i be fired when i'm coming in to do a reset/rebuild...and doing just that. lol.

You created a thread asking what we'd do and our plan as a newly hired GM. If your thread is what would you do if you were Rob Blake (i.e., trying to contend now), then why start a new thread when we have one for such. Rob is gonna try to contend....not rebuild/reset. I don't get it.
Your directive was to make the team as competitive as possible right now without completely destroying the future.

Not rebuilding.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Both players would improve the roster for sure, but I can't imagine them signing for that cheap. Especially Skjei. He's gonna get paid.

March is older, so maybe he'll be relatively cheap if you give him term like that, but he still scored 40 goals last year.
Yeah that’s all I think we could afford to offer imho if they dont take it they do t take it . It DK reforms to form that could be a pretty tough team that is well balanced not sure if they get by Edmonton when they are in god mode in the first round.

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
need a rh with a good one timer to play with Clarke on the pp. if fagemo isn’t that guy, I would go for David Perron for 1yr 3,5m.

dman3474

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Sign Lindholm for 6x6.25m.

Sign Roy 5x5.8m for a sign and trade

Trade Roy, Danault, Lizotte and next years second to Buffalo for Owen Power and skinner at 50% retained.

Bridge deals for both Spence and Byfield.

Grundstom goes to Washington for Beck Malenstyn

If it fits cap wise, Kaliyev goes to Tampa for Jeannot. otherwise Kaliyev goes to move up in the draft or for more picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad