Congratulations! YOU Have Been Hired As GM of the LA Kings. Post Your Offseason Plan & Lineup.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
If I’m Kings GM, I go to Dan Beckerman and say we are the third highest revenue team in the league. Only things we are missing are deep runs and tv ratings. With those we’d be number one or two in the league.

Good news is that I could cut the on ice budget to get us there. It just takes five years. We’ll have to trade some guys the fans love. And the fake media (aka the marketing department) will struggle to carry our water. But we’ll keep 90% of our gate receipts in the interim.

I’ll take some of those budget saving and use that money to hire people with college degrees. Once everyone knows how to program an excel macro, we’ll be good to go.

Reactions: KINGS17

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Having all the leverage has never precluded Blake from massively overpaying anyway, especially with Winnipeg. Plus the thing that turned McGroarty off from the Jets in the first place is that they wouldn’t have played him and he likely would’ve been stuck in the AHL. Why on earth would he then agree to sign with the Kings of all teams?
Yeah I agree that'd be a concern (whether McGroarty would sign with the Kings)... That would need to be sorted out somehow before trading for the player.

The thing is, McGroarty would instantly be the Kings best forward prospect by a long shot. If the Kings really like his game (and they would only trade for him if they did), then you'd have to think they'd be penciling him in for a spot in the top 9 as soon as he turns pro (which might not even be until the 2025/26 season since it seems he's going back to Michigan for another year).

Even if McGroarty changes his mind and turns pro prior to next season, the Kings could still pencil him in for a spot in the top 9 if they really liked his game. Now of course, this would be a deviation from the norm with this Kings regime and how they treat prospects, but it's not impossible.

And the Kings could still acquire McGroarty while also giving opportunities to guys like Turcotte and Thomas.

Fiala - Byfield - Kempe
McGroarty - Kopitar - Thomas
Moore - Danault - Laferriere
Turcotte - XXXXX - XXXXX

I'm not saying it's the end all be all 'jackpot' move - I'm just saying a forward prospect like McGroarty who seems ready to make the jump to the NHL and could be an impact player from day 1 would be a really nice add for the Kings and something I'd be looking into pretty seriously if I was Kings management.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
If I’m Kings GM, I go to Dan Beckerman and say we are the third highest revenue team in the league. Only things we are missing are deep runs and tv ratings. With those we’d be number one or two in the league.

Good news is that I could cut the on ice budget to get us there. It just takes five years. We’ll have to trade some guys the fans love. And the fake media (aka the marketing department) will struggle to carry our water. But we’ll keep 90% of our gate receipts in the interim.

I’ll take some of those budget saving and use that money to hire people with college degrees. Once everyone knows how to program an excel macro, we’ll be good to go.
I know Forbes reported that, but I don't believe it.

How can we be above the Rangers?

bland

Jul 1, 2004
You sure?
One of the worst actresses around today.

ZERO gravitas.

Reactions: Trash Panda

FeartheFur

Jul 15, 2018
Fiala-Byfield-Fagemo
Turcotte-Kopi-Kempe
Moore—Danault-?
Lee-Helenius-Thomas

Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
?-Spence
Englund
Cost effective roster. Would be able to sign a top 6 winger and a tough big LD. Actually have cap space at the trade deadline.

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
This thread is going off point and I had an off point one and didn't know where to post it...but it is King related. Listened to ATKM pod with Jesse that has Kaleb Lawrence on, followed by himn having Scott Wheeler on, talking about the draft, but focused on who the Kings could take at 21.
I will leave it to Jesse to post about it and his link, but just wanted to mention about Kaleb Lawrence.
As Yannetti stated in a recent pod, Lawrence 'had 2 years of development the last 6 months, going to London and playing under Mark and Dale Hunter's London Knights' Jesse talks about that and Kaleb has a lot to say...but was impressed and blown away by how many coaches he has...and he said 'because of how things have gone' (I think having some money now, without being able to say that)
I've added some more coaches....I have 3 skating coaches, 2 off ice coaches, 1 fighting coach and just added a hand-eye coach" Geez oh man. He just added the hand eye skills one and the second off ice coach....I cannot imagine the hours and regimen. One thing about 3 skating coaches? You'd think while he's working with one of them, they are probably like "what are the other 2 showing you and working on?" Yeah, I'm sure they may be specific skating, like first 3 step coach, etc...but still pretty impressive.

May he actually get playing time with the Reign and not scratch him half the time. I hope they don't sign too many vets to play with the Reign. May yet have another round 7 player...the Kings have more success in round 7, than round 1. A shame.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
That rebranding was garbage bring back the old purple and gold anything but the shit they came up with and let's have a real Kings Crown and not the f***ing Queen's unless LA's changing their name to the p***yes...as for who I'd go after...Not sure I'd have to contemplate that awhile cause idiotbore Blake f***ed things so bad...First thing I'd do is fire that a-hole for incompetency

• Love

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Hmmm.

Moore, 1st, Kaliyev, rights to Matt Roy (WPG needs RHD)
for
McG, Iaffalo

Iaffalo replaces Moore for us. Winnipeg gets a high quality NHL player who's locked up, plus futures. Depends a lot on what Moore's value is. But 4.2M for a "30 goal scorer" is pretty great.
So we replace a 30 goal scorer with a 19 goal scorer for the same price tag.
Is that you Rob?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Your directive was to make the team as competitive as possible right now without completely destroying the future.

Not rebuilding.

This is a pipe dream.

There is no player on this planet who would make the Kings competing for the cup,
so retooling is not an option.

At best we would get where we absolutely not should be.
Barely out of playoff but way to good for drafting a future.

Go ask the Flames or Canucks, who do exactly that since 20 years, how that works for them.

• Love
Reactions: Schrute farms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad