CFL: The CFL Thread: Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Trevor Harris is done.

Officials are complete imbeciles. They call pass interference when there was none but miss 4 others.

Last edited:

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
It really is a who gives a crap. I mean I know you do because you responded to the post. I mean it rhetorically.
Go Concordes go...

(or, in a different league, Go Machine Go - or in the same league, Go Stallions Go)

I guess that for some, self-respect has gone the way of the dodo.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Well, Winnipeg getting to .500 as Nathan Rourke seems to be finding his footing for B.C. certainly makes for an interesting final third of the season in the West.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Don't be ridiculous. The league doesn't give a damn about western teams. They only care about Ontario teams. Ottawa got most of the calls in the game.
How does that work? Ottawa went bust twice, Hamilton hasn't won a Cup this century, and since 1981 the West has been the better division far more often.
It is always has, and always will, render this league 3rd class. It is bad enough having a game decided by kicking... but rewarding bad kicking is something that cannot be explained or defended.
It made a lot of sense in the old days when offences were far more conservative, end zones were 25 yards deep (20 now), the best FG kickers were often around 50%, blocking wasn't permitted on punt returns, and there were a lot of 8-6 type games.
The Kelly thing is trickier. NFL has let back in women beaters before, probably CFL as well albeit I'm blanking on any names off the top of my head. Most leagues in the world have let them in after suspensions. I know they suspended Messam indefinitely for some BS, but it was after he had already retired. NFL didn't even punish for Butker for saying women should be barefoot and pregnant and anything else is unnatural. Alot of this is always based on precedent and going above precedent usually requires things like CBA changes. So it becomes trickier for CFL to go to extremes with Kelly than it does with Lemon, IMO. Obviously I think Kelly got off SUPER light and would fully have supported a longer suspension, but it's more complicated than simply saying "this guy got that, but this other guy got THAT" when the scenario's are so different. Just so we're clear I hate what Kelly did and would have completely supported an indefinite suspension there as well, but I don't like that this has been brought up in relation to Lemon. It's a completely different scenario.
Just to be clear about the Kelly case, nothing physical was corroborated or, as far I know, even alleged. Harassment was either verbal or by way of phone texts.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Just to be clear about the Kelly case, nothing physical was corroborated or, as far I know, even alleged. Harassment was either verbal or by way of phone texts.
Ccorrect. But misogyny is misogyny regardless of whether it was physical or not. The allegation was that she had her job taken away since she would not go on a date with Kelly. I didn't mean to imply there was physical altercation, domestic violence basically the closest example we have for this situation when looking at precedents. I don't recall another issue exactly like this in recent memory in any league.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Today reminds me of being a Ticats fan like 15 or so years ago. We will likely end up being under 5 wins on the year but if you can get the Labour Day win over the Argos life becomes a little better.

• Love
Reactions: Sexy Necksy Garland

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Ccorrect. But misogyny is misogyny regardless of whether it was physical or not. The allegation was that she had her job taken away since she would not go on a date with Kelly. I didn't mean to imply there was physical altercation, domestic violence basically the closest example we have for this situation when looking at precedents. I don't recall another issue exactly like this in recent memory in any league.
Not sure what Kelly's suspension should have been. I guess 1/2 a season and permanent if he does anything like it again.
There should not be indefinite suspensions though. In Lemon's case set a precedent and either ban him permanently or set a term on the suspension. It is likely indefinite because they don't have the guts to decide and at his age he will probably retire.

Last edited:

DoubleEFan

Aug 26, 2024
Tre Ford gotta get tf out of Edmonton. Play the damn kid it he's ready to go.
I don’t know as he is ready to. It didn’t sound like he is fully ready. I guess we will find out today. If MBT struggles and they don’t put Ford in then they are likely just not playing him. Or maybe it’s part of the strategy to start MBT today and put Ford in for the 3rd and 4th quarters since he is just coming off the injury. I sure hope that’s all this is. Otherwise he really does need to leave Edmonton.

Reactions: Hallzy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad