CFL: The CFL Thread: Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
The Argos goal line offense was depressing to watch. I think being stuffed on 3 separate drives on 3rd and goal the just outside of the endzone has to be some sort of record. Gotta gives the Riders D some credit though. Kelly got better as the game went on, minus the INT and no TDs.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Don't care what people say, I find the walk off single hilarious
It is always has, and always will, render this league 3rd class. It is bad enough having a game decided by kicking... but rewarding bad kicking is something that cannot be explained or defended.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
It is always has, and always will, render this league 3rd class. It is bad enough having a game decided by kicking... but rewarding bad kicking is something that cannot be explained or defended.
Disagree. I've never even understood this, both teams play by the same rules, how do the rules make something "3rd class".

People really are focusing on the wrong things here. If Sask wanted to win that game they shouldn't have COMPLETELY bungled that final series. So many mistakes. First the sack, but at least that doesn't stop the clock. Until the idiot coach stops it for Argos with a timeout (and a pass they complete lol).

But let's even take it from the timeout. There's 31 seconds left when they snap after the timeout. If you run the ball there, there's probably 24-26 seconds left on the clock. Then since it'll be a tackle in bounds clock will start when play is whistled in. You snap it at 4-5 seconds left. There's any number of plays that can kill that much time, or even tell your punter to hit that ball as high as he possibly can. Most punters can easily put 4-5 seconds of hang time on the ball. When you include the snap and 3 step kick, there is definately 0's on the clock as TO catches that ball. You only need to prevent the return TD. Instead they passed on 2nd and 17 stopping the clock until the snap with an incompletion.

I like Mace as a coach, but he showed his inexperience in this one.

The single rewards field position. I wouldn't have it any other way. Toronto really took it to Sask for 3 quarters and deserved to win that game.

Orr Fourever

#Staysafe
Sponsor
Mar 27, 2018
The Wheat Province
Disagree. I've never even understood this, both teams play by the same rules, how do the rules make something "3rd class".

People really are focusing on the wrong things here. If Sask wanted to win that game they shouldn't have COMPLETELY bungled that final series. So many mistakes. First the sack, but at least that doesn't stop the clock. Until the idiot coach stops it for Argos with a timeout (and a pass they complete lol).

But let's even take it from the timeout. There's 31 seconds left when they snap after the timeout. If you run the ball there, there's probably 24-26 seconds left on the clock. Then since it'll be a tackle in bounds clock will start when play is whistled in. You snap it at 4-5 seconds left. There's any number of plays that can kill that much time, or even tell your punter to hit that ball as high as he possibly can. Most punters can easily put 4-5 seconds of hang time on the ball. When you include the snap and 3 step kick, there is definately 0's on the clock as TO catches that ball. You only need to prevent the return TD. Instead they passed on 2nd and 17 stopping the clock until the snap with an incompletion.

The single rewards field position. I wouldn't have it any other way. Toronto really took it to Sask for 3 quarters and deserved to win that game.
Beforehand, they had the Argos 3rd and 15 and they rush 3. Where was the all out blitz?

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Beforehand, they had the Argos 3rd and 15 and they rush 3. Where was the all out blitz?
I don't mind the play call there, but the execution was really poor. I'd have to re-watch it, but it looked like Sask had a solid line of defenders at 15 yards, except the corner on that side covering Ungerer who was for some reason standing at 20 yards back. You could see the HB at 15 yards who almost got there, but Sasks corner had his head in the clouds.

After the INT earlier at 2:25ish Sask just needed 1 or 2 1st downs to be in FG range of their own. Couldn't get it. Sask had many opportunities and just couldn't get it done.

People understand that a miss, while maybe not truly intenentional, was something Hajrullahu was planning for right? He knows the game and the rules. He knows what he needs to do there, and it wasn't that he needed to make that kick. He just needed to pound it. If we are playing under American rules and he knows he has to make the kick, you don't think he is approaching that differently? Of course he does.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

It was more that the Riders were crap for 3 quarters. And they had no pass rush.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Hopefully the idiot hearing the appeal would never rule in his favor.
Not sure I understand why the person hearing the appeal would be considered an idiot but I agree with the sentiment that Kelly probably shouldn’t be playing in the CFL, at least this year

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Milanovich was pissed in his interview leading up to the second half for the second straight week now. He has every right to be, the team is a mess. I still feel like the Ticats will beat the Argos on Labour Day lol.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Milanovich was pissed in his interview leading up to the second half for the second straight week now. He has every right to be, the team is a mess. I still feel like the Ticats will beat the Argos on Labour Day lol.
Milanovich is incompentent. He is in good company because so are the majority of CFL coaches.

Not sure I understand why the person hearing the appeal would be considered an idiot but I agree with the sentiment that Kelly probably shouldn’t be playing in the CFL, at least this year
The odds are they will be and come up with some ridiculous reason to let him keep playing.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Well the Command Centre blew that one. It should have been pass interference on Winnipeg. Receiver was being held.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad