Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

vocks10

Jan 28, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
Dipietro is hardly AHL talent.
Bussi is disappointing but even he is borderline #3...
How to date yourself as a hockey fan...

Jump to page 38 about a debate about Swayman and his contract talks with Boston. See the name Dipietro and automatically jump to the conclusion a poster trying to point out the risk of signing a younger goalie to long term big money (before reading the entire post).

Ummm nope, different Dipietro... I'm not the only one who had this though process, right, RIGHT?!?

hockeyguy0022

Feb 20, 2016
I don't really see the danger here, does anyone say "he's not an NHL goalie" no, he's at worst, an average goalie. He isn't 28/29 or anything.

So he underperforms and you trade him in 2-4 years with a small bit of retention, or not. (cap will also be up by that time)

starter number 1 quality goalies are at a premium, and we haven't seen much in the pipelines anywhere. So I dont' get it.

8X8 Seems like a no brainer. NMC ONLY or 20 team NTC for 2-3 years if that's what he's asking.

Seems like next no risk here, aside from cap considerations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad