Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Matthews gets paid nearly 13 mill, Sway shut him down, he needs 15+ mill for 8+ years ez.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Swayman is a very good goalie and it’s hard to blame him for wielding the leverage he has. But his effectiveness is definitely helped by Boston’s D and structure in front of him.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Swayman is a very good goalie and it’s hard to blame him for wielding the leverage he has. But his effectiveness is definitely helped by Boston’s D and structure in front of him.

what leverage does he have? The moment the season starts he starts loosing money.

Reactions: wintersej

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
With Drai and Swayman deals apparently not close:

Fun proposal:

Swayman+Geekie+Carlo+Frederic
For
Draisaitl+Skinner+Kulak

Assuming both Sway and Drai have extensions in place with new clubs

Oilers shore up the net and defense while still keeping a deep and skilled forward group.
BOS extend their cup window and do not give up McAvoy for Draisaitl.

Who adds?

Killswitch

May 22, 2022
Swayman needs to understand saros and helle are much more established, and in the goalie world, that means everything. I think they meet at 7-7.25 mil per on a long term deal imo
Sure, but then he brings up the playoffs of both and? I think he clearly wants to play there and I think Boston traded Ullmark because they want him as well. It's just haggling and they probably come to an agreement in the middle somewhere. Agents tend to make things more difficult then they have to be for their larger cut

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
With Drai and Swayman deals apparently not close:

Fun proposal:

Swayman+Geekie+Carlo+Frederic
For
Draisaitl+Skinner+Kulak

Assuming both Sway and Drai have extensions in place with new clubs

Oilers shore up the net and defense while still keeping a deep and skilled forward group.
BOS extend their cup window and do not give up McAvoy for Draisaitl.

Who adds?
Boston adds...no thanks probably.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
I doubt Toronto get more than a 3rd for Robertson. He’s not good enough offensively for a top 6 role and not good enough defensively for a bottom 6 role.

He’s in a weird spot

His scoring efficiency places him in the top 20 in the nhl. He’s good enough offensively for a top 6 role. The lack of ice time including PP time doesn’t diminish his scoring ability.

what leverage does he have? The moment the season starts he starts loosing money.
And Boston starts losing games with poor goaltending. Swayman has leverage.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
His scoring efficiency places him in the top 20 in the nhl. He’s good enough offensively for a top 6 role. The lack of ice time including PP time doesn’t diminish his scoring ability.

Still risky for Swayman if Korpisalo comes in and goes .930, there's already the question of if Swayman is elite or not or if he's just propped up by that Boston defense. If he holds and Korpisalo is solid, I'm sure the Bruins will reduce their offer.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Against some of the worst competition and better deployment in a very small sample size.

He’s been given every opportunity to step up in a bigger role and he couldn’t take advantage of it - unless you think this is another example of terrible coaching and management?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Again, whatever contract he signs before December 1st he will not lose a penny.
Yes he will, how does he not lose money
This isn’t Nylander, where he gets 10+ million in year 1 then 6.9 as Boston doesn’t have the cap room for that, like the post you quoted already mentioned

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
unless Columbus or Chicago wants to give up two firsts on OS compensation, it is Swayman’s problem.
I mean…Swayman is going to get paid lol if Boston can’t afford to pay him then someone else will eventually. Boston not having the cap space to sign him for more then 8.5 in season literally is not his problem lol he could just take short term to fit and go right to free agency to fix the problem then!

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
The assumption is that when the season starts, Boston starts losing, and that's his leverage. If they don't, then he may be in for a long wait, or have to take closer to Boston's number.

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
Love sway, but the dude needs to come down a bit. He hasn't played more than 44 games in a season. I think they will have some kind of "prove it" bridge deal that is 2 yr/ 6-7 million.

If I were the Bruins I wouldn't budge. if a team offer sheets him for 8m+ take the compensation and run, if its lower then match it.

Star goalies are great, but I think Swayman still hasn't proven he is the same tier as Hellebuyck or prime carey price. He needs one season starting 60+ games as the true no. 1 on the team and still have solid numbers. He's a 5-6mill goalie until he does that.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
The data says that his scoring efficiency, especially his goal scoring is top 20 in the league per his given amount of ice time … and that’s without any time on the PP. With PP2 minutes and 14 minutes at even strength he would pot 35-40 goals over 82 games.

I’m not his agent and I don’t think holding out was a wise move but the facts are actually in his favour as far as getting paid like a top 9 player.
So Keefe was keeping a top 20 goalscorer in the league in the doghouse because feelings?

Last edited:
Reactions: nashnaidoo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad