OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I started a basic yoga routine that takes around 30 minutes tops. I've done it four times now and I'm already seeing improvement in my balance. Another key to that, I should mention, is that I started working intensively on strengthening my calves and ankles at the gym. But anyway it's just a few basic poses; I do a cycle of warrior poses, the dancer pose and a couple others. I can honestly say I like it. A nice bit of challenge, and a change of pace.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I started a basic yoga routine that takes around 30 minutes tops. I've done it four times now and I'm already seeing improvement in my balance. Another key to that, I should mention, is that I started working intensively on strengthening my calves and ankles at the gym. But anyway it's just a few basic poses; I do a cycle of warrior poses, the dancer pose and a couple others. I can honestly say I like it. A nice bit of challenge, and a change of pace.

Always wanted to get into yoga... for flexibility and other supposed benefits (calmer) what do you do exactly?

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I’ve been guzzling Kirkland Light’s for the 25 minutes I’ve been home from work.
Side note work sucks when it consumes your life.
Cheers to beers!:cheers:

The micro breweries down here in palm Desert are quite lacking. I miss the pnw big time

Reactions: 21

member 116861

I’ve been guzzling Kirkland Light’s for the 25 minutes I’ve been home from work.
Side note work sucks when it consumes your life.
Cheers to beers!:cheers:

The micro breweries down here in palm Desert are quite lacking. I miss the pnw big time

Is Kirkland the Costco brand?

and yes, PNW is GOAT

Reactions: Murzu

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Are there yoga pants for men?

Serious question.
Well, probably... It's not like a thing though, no. Reason being yoga pants aren't half way necessary for yoga, someone just thought they're useful. But running thights are basically the same kinda thing.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I just had a Corona. Cheers!

It's almost dangerous, I like it more and more... ;-)

Another big part of the story is that Sweden has become an impressively good beer country the last 10 years or so. As many times before I believe Sweden was influenced by the USA, this time from the microbrewery culture.

We don't have that many combined microbreweries/pubs yet but we have had a real explosion of smaller breweries and many of them are great.

"New Carnegie Brewery" is my current favorite Swedish brewery and happens to be close to where I live. ;-) It's some kind of joint venture between Carlsberg Sweden and Brooklyn Brewery in New York but it still have the atmosphere of a microbrewery and the people managing this brewery are super dedicated, skilled and serious about beer.
Welcome - Nya Carnegiebryggeriet

Last edited:

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
What beer style is most popular in Sweden?

Hmm, difficult question, most probably lager if focusing on liters/year sold.

IPA, APA, Stout, wheat beer, unfiltered/kellerbier lager being very popular these days too.

My personal favorites are IPA, unfiltered/kellerbier lager, and APA (it's not a ranking, it depends), sometimes I do enjoy stout and Belgium type of dark beers as well (when eating).

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
What beer style is most popular in Sweden?
Hmm, difficult question, most probably lager if focusing on liters/year sold.

IPA, APA, Stout, wheat beer, unfiltered/kellerbier lager being very popular these days too.

My personal favorites are IPA, unfiltered/kellerbier lager, and APA (it's not a ranking, it depends), sometimes I do enjoy stout and Belgium type of dark beers as well (when eating).
Yep, if it's the same as in Finland, basic lagers (darker than the Coronas and Budweisers of the world, mind you) sell like crazy. Young adults in higher education are sometimes more adventurous though, together with those who have a little money to spare for that kind of thing, so the alcoholic beverage culture is evolving in Finland, like it has been elsewhere, with the microbrewery and special edition stuff.

Reactions: Murzu and 21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad