OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I could had used multiquote but what ever. I don't care about superhero movies or series AT ALL. Pretty much instant turn-off (except for the Dark Knight - that is an awesome movie)

That being said I'm thinking about watching My Hero Academia some day. It's an anime though.
As I mentioned in the Anime thread, Boku no is like One Punch Man and One Punch Man is one of the best animes' for me in the past 18 years (I love how OPM makes fun of every single anime stereotype). So you'll definitely like it, more story/arc driven than character driven I thought.

If there is one anime I would recommend people to definitely try out even if animation is not for them, it is either Cowboy Bebop or One-Punch Man. Or both.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Woah, third time? I currently on the episode where Pride was revealed (won't try to spoil it for @Thepoolmaster if you're behind me).

How's your grand journey of One Piece? Are you on episode 789 now of 1,200? :sarcasm:

Yeah. I just love the show. Watched it once with a friend in two days and then again with my girlfriend.

Haha thanks for asking. I'm currently around episode ~725. What a ride it has been :laugh:

As I mentioned in the Anime thread, Boku no is like One Punch Man and One Punch Man is one of the best animes' for me in the past 18 years (I love how OPM makes fun of every single anime stereotype). So you'll definitely like it, more story/arc driven than character driven I thought.

If there is one anime I would recommend people to definitely try out even if animation is not for them, it is either Cowboy Bebop or One-Punch Man. Or both.

I'd recommend Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood or maybe Cowboy Bebop. And thanks, I'll definitely check it out after I've catched One Pieces all episodes (so I'll stop for a while when the show is around ~850).

After that person has watched an anime or two and knows something about the genre, watch OPM. That is HILARIOUS :laugh: I love how it makes fun of anime stereotypes too :laugh:

Last edited:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think it depends on the person in the end. Some people like shows based on real life such as meth labs, mobsters, gangs, and the whole lot, while others like more creative aspects such as me. I am not going to sit here and state that Daredevil is must watch TV, but I still think it is a damn good show in the end. It mixes what I consider real life television with a more creative storyline where you get the best of both worlds (similar to Nolan's Batman trilogy). Agent of Shields for example brings in a lot of aspects as well, but with a ton of really interesting plot twists that keeps me wanting to tune in. This differs to GoT which seems like a "R-Rated" version of Lord of the Rings.

The only thing they have in common is a similar world/setting, outside of that they're completely different. But to each their own, I will say though that S1 of Daredevil was awesome. As was Jessica Jones.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
I think it depends on the person in the end. Some people like shows based on real life such as meth labs, mobsters, gangs, and the whole lot, while others like more creative aspects such as me. I am not going to sit here and state that Daredevil is must watch TV, but I still think it is a damn good show in the end. It mixes what I consider real life television with a more creative storyline where you get the best of both worlds (similar to Nolan's Batman trilogy). Agent of Shields for example brings in a lot of aspects as well, but with a ton of really interesting plot twists that keeps me wanting to tune in. This differs to GoT which seems like a "R-Rated" version of Lord of the Rings.

GOT is more house of cards than Lord of the Rings. The only thing in common to Lord of the rings is the fantasy aspect.

Reactions: Murzu

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Very well said. Nice that you mentioned Cowboy Bebop. Thumbs up! There are only a few shows that I like as much as FMA:B and two of those I have already written to this thread today.
Of course! We can’t have a discussion about quality television without mentioning the best anime of all time :thumbu:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Have you ever given a chance to anime series? Just curious. Often people seem to have prejudices towards anime.
No.
You’ll watch a Seth MacFarlane cartoon, but you won’t watch a highly-acclaimed anime series?
I'll watch any bullshit before I'll watch a non-Pokemon anime.

I worked shortly at the children and youth section of a public library, and manga came and went flying through the doors. It's super weird.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
No.

I'll watch any bull**** before I'll watch a non-Pokemon anime.

I worked shortly at the children and youth section of a public library, and manga came and went flying through the doors. It's super weird.
Hey, fair enough. Different strokes for different folks. I just figured if you’re into animated TV, you might as well give something legitimately masterful a chance.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
No.

I'll watch any bull**** before I'll watch a non-Pokemon anime.

I typically can't get into anime all that much, but I started watching full metal alchemist brotherhood on Saturday cuz my friend was rewatching it and we were super hungover. I was hooked.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
No love for the A-Team? Possibly the best TV show ever created...and I pity the fool who disagrees.

Seriously though...I like hearing recommendations from y'all. Been a cord cutter for years and would love to get into a "new to me" show that might be on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

My favorite recentish shows are/were Burn Notice (Bruce Campbell is awesome), Justified (quality TV), In Plain Sight, NCIS, Dark Matter, Grand Tour and Somebody Feed Phil.

We just recently got slingtv...but due to slow internet, the live TV is pretty terrible. It's actually worse than watching NHL.tv if you can believe that.

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Hey, fair enough. Different strokes for different folks. I just figured if you’re into animated TV, you might as well give something legitimately masterful a chance.
Come to think of it I'm not that into animated TV. I'll watch The Simpsons, Family Guy and South Park. But not Archer or Bo Jack Horseman or Rick and Morty or any of that stuff.
No love for the A-Team? Possible the best TV show ever created...and I pity the fool who disagrees.
Happy Days is where it's at.

Reactions: expatriated_texan

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The only anime I've ever watched was Deathnote, and it was good. I'm sure a ton of it is really good but I just have zero interest in getting into that whole world. Honestly I don't really like to go too deep down into those kind of rabbit holes, it just seems like a waste of time compared to other things you could be doing.

Sidenote, everytime I've read "hey, fair enough" in this thread all I can hear is Bill Burr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad