OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Nope.

Not Batman nor Star Wars.

Not a cartoon watching kinda guy.
Now, I didn't say nuthin about no Star Wars Clone Wars. This is the 90's shows. Kinda like if you saw that first film of the train that looks to come towards you.

The 1960's Aquaman is also awesome.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I’ll check it out! I have a lot of things I need to watch after hopping into this conversation, haha.
Yeah I am with Murzu, Your Name is a freakin' masterpiece. I actually watched it again, once in Japanese and next in English and saw things I never realised the first time. JJ Abrams is producing an American (aka Western) version of it, which sounds interesting. E: Your Name is worth-watching for the animation alone, it is that groundbreaking.

No.

I'll watch any bull**** before I'll watch a non-Pokemon anime.

I worked shortly at the children and youth section of a public library, and manga came and went flying through the doors. It's super weird.
True that a lot of anime are based upon manga, but you can enjoy anime's without ever reading/judging any sort or form of the manga (as I have, never actually read a manga). Manga is just Japanese comicbooks, I don't think that is weird. You probably got weird-ed-ed-ed out by the weird series about teenage girls with witch powers that have humongous breasts and what not. Those series are effin stupid and I don't think I have ever watched one of those in my life, there's still a ton of really good anime out there... Just sayin'...

Psycho-Pass for instance is a mature level anime with a great deal of dark-awesome-cyberpunk components within it.

Reactions: Murzu

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Psycho-Pass for instance is a mature level anime with a great deal of dark-awesome-cyberpunk components within it.
But does it have...
Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X?

Boy howdy, that's a quality cartoon.

Shredder's voice with the coordinated background music gets me every time. Sweet, sweet nostalgia.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
But does it have...
Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X?

Boy howdy, that's a quality cartoon.

Shredder's voice with the coordinated background music gets me every time. Sweet, sweet nostalgia.

Hahaha, touche. Actually, anime voices really depends on the person. Some hate English dubs, while others hate reading subtitles. It depends on what type of person you are.

As for TMNT, classic show. Wasn't there a redone version of it in the late 1999s, early 2000s? I swear I watched one of them on Fox Kids every Saturday morning. Those were the times. My personal favourite in the past were Digimon, Ducktales, and Dragonball which probably and eventually made me like anime in the present.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Hahaha, touche. Actually, anime voices really depends on the person. Some hate English dubs, while others hate reading subtitles. It depends on what type of person you are.

As for TMNT, classic show. Wasn't there a redone version of it in the late 1999s, early 2000s? I swear I watched one of them on Fox Kids every Saturday morning. Those were the times. My personal favourite in the past were Digimon, Ducktales, and Dragonball which probably and eventually made me like anime in the present.
Yeah, there was around 2003. It was worse than the -87 one, but I liked that one a lot too, at the time.

The music when the scene starts in the Technodrome together with Shredder's voice in that original one are right up there with the PS1 startup sound in "Best sounds". The very first little tune in that video is also solid.

Next would then be the music from Crash Team Racing.

Reactions: S E P H

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I love when the topic hits tv shows. Just a stroll
down memory lane.
One show that hardly ever gets mentioned that I have watched through more than a couple times is Scrubs. Underrated if you ask me

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Amazing show.

This video right here might be the funniest 4 minutes in the history of television. Even if you think you won't like this, I want everyone to watch this video.

Colin, Wayne, and Ryan are some of the most impressive comics out there. I have tremendous respect for improv comics and they’re easily the best out there

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
My favorite series -
GOT
Sopranos
Mr. Robot (just season 1)
Friday Night Lights
Chicago Fire (dunno why but I love it)
Justice League (my fav kid cartoon series in the 80s)
The Profit (first two seasons then it kinda went weird)
Goldbergs
Two and a Half Men (until sheen left)
Married with Children
Wonder Years

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Everyone Loves Raymond is another great one.

There's just so many good ones that its hard to list them all at once.
That's a show that my parents used to watch when I was a kid that I hated. Now that I've seen it as an adult and understand the humour, It's absolutely hilarious.

member 116861

People talking about friends yet no love for actual great shows like Everyone loves Raymond and King of queens?

Kevin James' new show is so bad compared to King of Queens. Like, I didn't expect much at all but somehow it still underachieved.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Kevin James' new show is so bad compared to King of Queens. Like, I didn't expect much at all but somehow it still underachieved.
He has a new show?

Honest question are their any sitcoms like that anymore? Everything was better in the 90's .

Btw another classic is fresh prince

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Also I got Married with Childern and My Wife and Kids mixed up. Needless to say I was very confused how much love Married with Children was for a little.

member 116861

He has a new show?

Honest question are their any sitcoms like that anymore? Everything was better in the 90's .

Btw another classic is fresh prince

Modern Family is a good sitcom right now but it is filmed a lot differently than those types of sitcoms.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yeah, can't say I'm a Modern Family fan. Honestly outside of Netflix I can't think of any recent comedies that were actually funny. And by recent I mean ones that started from like ..2010 ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad