OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Just finished re-watching Sopranos season 1. James Gandolfini is an amazing actor, he died way too soon. Brilliant series overall too.

Reactions: MarkT

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Just finished re-watching Sopranos season 1. James Gandolfini is an amazing actor, he died way too soon. Brilliant series overall too.

That's a show that I could just never get in to, no matter how many times I tried to watch.

Like, I totally understand why people like it, I don't think it's a bad show...but I guess my overall indifference towards mob movies/series plays a rather large role in my just not liking it.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Sopranos did some of the best character work in TV history in my opinion.

Plus that final scene is f'ing brilliant.

Side note: I'm really enjoying this board. Glad I joined up (I assume this is the right place to say that).

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Sopranos did some of the best character work in TV history in my opinion.

Plus that final scene is f'ing brilliant.

Side note: I'm really enjoying this board. Glad I joined up (I assume this is the right place to say that).

No. Any form of compliment is an immediate infraction.

:sarcasm:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
@RockLobster will provide you with a complimentary Beatles montage on your way out.

1565.gif

Worth it. Do I get to pick the Beatles tunes?

aac0786a86f673a0eb4d584dd7db2925.gif

Reactions: ASmileyFace

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
But surely once Paul started arguing, John would instinctively take the opposite position. And since Ringo doesn't count...

Paul and John agreed a lot more than you may realize.

And The Beatles were nothing without Ringo ;)

Basically--my bookshelves are almost exclusively biographies on The Beatles, a majority of the books on my Kindle are biographies on The Beatles. I've read them all, some more than once, have learned/forgotten/re-learned/re-forgotten so many little facts and anecdotes.

Now, was there some acrimony at the end, amongst them all? And that did spill over into some of the initial solo recordings. But John & Paul reconciled their friendship long before he was murdered. Something George unfortunately didn't get the chance to do and it was one of his biggest regrets right up until his own death.

To me, The Beatles were the true definition of "brotherly love"--they may agitate each other at times, they may fight at times, but in the end they loved one another.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Basically--my bookshelves are almost exclusively biographies on The Beatles, a majority of the books on my Kindle are biographies on The Beatles. I've read them all, some more than once, have learned/forgotten/re-learned/re-forgotten so many little facts and anecdotes.

Now, was there some acrimony at the end, amongst them all? And that did spill over into some of the initial solo recordings. But John & Paul reconciled their friendship long before he was murdered. Something George unfortunately didn't get the chance to do and it was one of his biggest regrets right up until his own death.

To me, The Beatles were the true definition of "brotherly love"--they may agitate each other at times, they may fight at times, but in the end they loved one another.

I've read a lot about them too. I enjoy poking fun about the way John and Paul would argue though. Too many people blow that out of proportion though and retcon the past based on how it ended.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
That's a show that I could just never get in to, no matter how many times I tried to watch.

Like, I totally understand why people like it, I don't think it's a bad show...but I guess my overall indifference towards mob movies/series plays a rather large role in my just not liking it.

I guess that has to be the reason then. But in my opinion Sopranos is a lot more than just a mob show.

Reactions: MarkT

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Sopranos had its stumbles like any show, but IMO it was largely brilliant work.

Some shows I think were truly groundbreaking television:
The Wire
The Sopranos
Six Feet Under
Battlestar Galactica (the modern version of course, but I still love the original)
Mad Men

Have not yet sat down to watch True Detective or Breaking Bad, but I'm told those two are right up there as well.. My personal favorite TV show of all time is Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, which was hugely groundbreaking from a Trekkie perspective at least.

Reactions: Murzu

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Applying for Graduate School and getting irritated, lol.

My school wants me to submit an unofficial transcript for "all colleges attended", so that means I have to get an unofficial transcript from the Community College I went to 11 years ago. Now normally I'd understand why they want this, however I already sent them an official transcript from that school when I transferred over 2 years ago. I have credits from that school on my unofficial transcript with Wichita State! :laugh:

So now I'm just sitting here, waiting for that college to send me my unofficial transcript via email, so that I can move on with the application.

[taps fingers on desk]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad