OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I finally gave up and started counting calories today. Must have almost doubled my intake. Looking to put on about 13 pounds.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I finally gave up and started counting calories today. Must have almost doubled my intake. Looking to put on about 13 pounds.

There are days where I wish I was trying to gain weight rather than lose it.

As it's happened the last two times, I'm once again stuck, this time in the low-end of the 240's. I've been in a loop of 242-244. Hoping it can be broken through today. I've tried to keep my sodium intake down today, had my chicken breast for lunch, and despite me seeing Ready Player One at 7pm tonight, I'm getting in my 2nd workout of the day right after I get off work at 5 (so about 45ish minutes, I'd say...should burn another ~600 active calories). But the recurring theme seems to be me hitting a plateau in every 10 lb increment.

Actually, after today, I'll have done four 2-a-day's in a row...perhaps I'm overdoing it?

Last edited:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Anyone ever replaced an O2 sensor on a car?

Seems like more trouble than it’s worth and a lot of sealants etc that I’m unfamiliar with.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
There are days where I wish I was trying to gain weight rather than lose it.

As it's happened the last two times, I'm once again stuck, this time in the low-end of the 240's. I've been in a loop of 242-244. Hoping it can be broken through today. I've tried to keep my sodium intake down today, had my chicken breast for lunch, and despite me seeing Ready Player One at 7pm tonight, I'm getting in my 2nd workout of the day right after I get off work at 5 (so about 45ish minutes, I'd say...should burn another ~600 active calories).

Actually, after today, I'll have done four 2-a-day's in a row...perhaps I'm overdoing it?
Difficult to say, since I can't tell how hard or how much you work, or how your body is responding.

If I did two of my low rep heavy lifting workouts a day, I'd be in CNS Fatigue Land in days. Plus my body would crap out. I was successfully able to add a second leg day, which is pretty standard, though, and I'm considering a fifth weight workout. But I think I'm happier doing a decent bit of cardio.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Difficult to say, since I can't tell how hard or how much you work, or how your body is responding.

If I did two of my low rep heavy lifting workouts a day, I'd be in CNS Fatigue Land in days. Plus my body would crap out. I was successfully able to add a second leg day, which is pretty standard, though, and I'm considering a fifth weight workout. But I think I'm happier doing a decent bit of cardio.

True, true, I was more just wondering aloud because this has become beyond frustrating. So close to the 100 lb mark, and I keep going in a cycle. Only thing I know how to do when I've gotten caught in a cycle is to have a cheat meal and/or a rest day. Well, tomorrow I'm getting together with my family (since my older brother once again is able to see his daughter--THAT'S another story), and we're probably eating a steakhouse; and Sunday all of our YMCA's are closed, so that's sort of a mandatory rest day now.

We'll see, I've taken great strides today to keep my sodium intake low (I think my app that tracks all that crap for me--once I put in the food I eat--has told me I'm at 500mg so far today), I've done my best to keep caloric intake to foods that have some form of nutritional value (like my baked chicken breast). After my workout this morning, I was at 242.2(4), so I'm hoping I'm only in the 244's right now (don't know, don't want to know). I'll get my 2nd workout in and then go enjoy the movie and then see where I'm at to end the day. Hopefully it's in the process of breaking itself up.

As far as "how hard"...I've boosted the difficulty on the pre-programmed elliptical workouts, so in one 33 minute pre-programmed workout, I'm usually burning 500 active calories at minimum, then I either go do some light lifting and/or walk around the track before hopping back on for a ~10 minute cool-down that usually leaves me burning a total of ~650-800 calories, give or take how hard I decide to push it in what is supposed to be my cool-down.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I found the elliptical was a nice low effort way to lose weight at first, but your body really needs more stress to make a major change. I joined Orange Theory Fitness and it's been a surprisingly helpful change for me, lots of motivation being around women also working out and I enjoy not having to figure out a workout plan.

Show up, put work in, results out. Just minimize doing it after a night out drinking... Rough morning.

Also, yes RL, 4 days of twice a day is too much. Your body has no time to catch up and if you can sustain going that much you're not getting a proper workout in the first time. Cardio twice a day only gets you so far. Try something simple, for every half mile of cardio do 20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups and 20 squats.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Heading out to see these two (again) in about an 20 minutes...
I just need a break from all the bullshit that we call "life".

Ralf and Niki are cool people.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I found the elliptical was a nice low effort way to lose weight at first, but your body really needs more stress to make a major change. I joined Orange Theory Fitness and it's been a surprisingly helpful change for me, lots of motivation being around women also working out and I enjoy not having to figure out a workout plan.

Show up, put work in, results out. Just minimize doing it after a night out drinking... Rough morning.

Also, yes RL, 4 days of twice a day is too much. Your body has no time to catch up and if you can sustain going that much you're not getting a proper workout in the first time. Cardio twice a day only gets you so far. Try something simple, for every half mile of cardio do 20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups and 20 squats.
My sister goes to Orange Theory as well and absolutely loves it. She's always been a fitness fanatic but says joining has been a game changer.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Jebus, that was a FUN show!!!

2-piece band. He's German (lead singer and guitar), she's Canadian (drums and some vocals).

A couple of the friendliest performers I've ever met (and I've met numerous musicians).

These 2 talk to you, smile, laugh, care, share.
They give honest, squeezing, cheek-to-cheek hugs (I'm not normally a hugger, but I needed a hug or two, and they offered them up freely).
They remembered my name from when I saw them 6 months or so ago!
And they freaking ROCK!
You might not think so by watching videos - they're one of those bands that crank it up 5 notches when doing a show.
One guy had his birthday today, and they brought him up on stage and sang Happy Birthday to him.
So when I was chatting with them later, I jokingly said, "My birthday's next week. Can you come back and play for that?" (**my bday IS next week, so I wasn't scamming them!)
They said they'd be in studio recording. Then they tried to give me a free CD (I declined, since I have all their CDs [autographed]).
They insisted on giving me stickers, pins, a can coozie, they autographed the photo I brought, etc.
They even said that if I could make it to Los Angeles for my birthday, they'd have me in the studio, and we'd have lunch and stuff. (I'm po', so I can't do that, though...)

Good human beings, putting on a great show. I will see them every time I can.
(oh, and it was a free show! The last show of their tour, and they just wanted to have a great time with us...)

Reactions: UncleRisto

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
So I just got to watch a former Avalanche defenseman skate in our Bangkok old-timers tourney. Not a superstar, but still kind of neat. First to guess who it was gets to pick my avatar for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad