GDT: The All-In-One 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Whatagame!!! Turned it on at the start of 3OT looks like maybe there weren't many of us who saw what happened.

Two good teams, two good goalies. Wherever the Yotes end up, hockey is still amazing

Dirty Old Man

Still processing...
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
...although I couldn't avoid the thought creeping into my head of "this is the kind of thing that you may have zero percent chance of experiencing in your town...".

And having attended a few whiteout playoff games...well...

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Hilarious. Thanks to the wonders of technology, I just watched the replay after a good night's sleep (Sort of). Not sure about the waived off goal, but the Cats won in the end so no one will remember.

Reactions: PainForShane

Dirty Old Man

Still processing...
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
The Tkachuk trade is working out well for Florida.
Does anyone else still think "sticky Nicky" in their head every time Cousins in mentioned for the Panthers?

And also notice that now Cousins and Duclair, former Coyotes, are both in the top 6 for a team that is 2 games from a cup final? :laugh:

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Does anyone else still think "sticky Nicky" in their head every time Cousins in mentioned for the Panthers?

See up the thread.....
And also notice that now Cousins and Duclair, former Coyotes, are both in the top 6 for a team that is 2 games from a cup final? :laugh:
Took Duclair 6 different teams and coaches to get there.

Bear would have been the one.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

I'm rooting for Florida, but if Adin Hill wins a Cup, that would be pretty cool.

Every team left has former Coyotes, not that it means anything.

Reactions: PainForShane

Dirty Old Man

Still processing...
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Can anyone come up with anyone other than Darcy Kuemper and Luke Schenn under "current active players who were ex-Coyotes when they won the Stanley Cup"? I got back to the long-retired Vermette and Rozsival 8 years ago before i found any more ex-Coyotes, period.

Anyway, that list is guaranteed to get longer now, yes?

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Carolina played well, but no participation trophies in the NHL. Top Cop making a run for the Conn Smythe. Hope Barkov makes it back. They'll miss him.

Reactions: Jakey53

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Dallas has not had great goaltending. Doesn't bode well down the stretch. The Bob has been crazy good, but hey look, Andersen has been better. However, up 3-0, I don't see Florida not advancing.

1684852829750.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad