GDT: The All-In-One 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Was at the T-Mobile Arena tonight, rocking the 2016 Jagr home. Fewer FLA fans tonight than DAL fans game 1 of that round.

Very good game. This'll be a fun finals.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
When BA was negotiating to move Hill, do you think he told interested GMs, "look, I think this kid will win the Conn Smythe one day."

We got a 2nd Rd pick, not bad I suppose.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
When BA was negotiating to move Hill, do you think he told interested GMs, "look, I think this kid will win the Conn Smythe one day."

We got a 2nd Rd pick, not bad I suppose.

I don't think many saw this coming, I know I didn't, and I guess either did BA. Kuemper did though. Maybe BA was a bit quick to pull the trigger on this trade.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
I don't think many saw this coming, I know I didn't, and I guess either did BA. Kuemper did though. Maybe BA was a bit quick to pull the trigger on this trade.
Either we had to move Hill or lose him in the Kraken's expansion draft. We had a deal with the Avs for Kuemper as long as we protected him during the draft. It isn't like a lot of teams out there that could protect a backup after a trade. We did good under the circumstances.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
No disrespect to Hill but Vegas hasn't missed a beat basically all season long despite a revolving door in net, I think that says a lot about their team defense and less about any individual goalie. Hill deserves props no doubt but Vegas is clearly a very goalie friendly environment, I suspect they'd still be in the position they're in now even if it was Lehner or Thompson tending the net.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
No disrespect to Hill but Vegas hasn't missed a beat basically all season long despite a revolving door in net, I think that says a lot about their team defense and less about any individual goalie. Hill deserves props no doubt but Vegas is clearly a very goalie friendly environment, I suspect they'd still be in the position they're in now even if it was Lehner or Thompson tending the net.

Hill's secret sauce......

maxresdefault.jpg

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
So what all teams should be striving to achieve then.

Dirty Old Man

Still processing...
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Stanley Cup about to get hoisted in the desert.
Ugh...boy if there was ever evidence that life isn't fair...they're doing that, while 300 miles away in a city 3x the size in a similar climate, we're going through whatever this fresh hell we're going through is...
I honestly would be embarrassed to act like I won something without participating.
Kind of reminds me of the F1 2005 US Grand Prix, which also happened to be my first ever F1 race to attend in person, and a guy named Tiago Monteiro: Tiago Monteiro: the only man who cheered at the 2005 US Grand Prix

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

That is SC hockey right there. I have so much admiration for any NHL player, and even more for players whose teams go deep into the playoffs. NONE of us have any idea what these players go thru.

I honestly would be embarrassed to act like I won something without participating.
Phil helped the team during the season, as did every other player who played during the year. I'm happy for Phil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad