Pre-Game Talk: The 2024-2025 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Geekie looks like a gem that needs a lot of polish away from the puck. Already an NHL top 6 forward when he has it though, and you gotta love the confidence to trust in his talent which is the main thing that separates star players from the rest.

I was really impressed with Duke's play too, he's the player that stood out to me the most goals/assists aside. Looked like a super pest.

Other than that, I seen a lot of good and a lot of bad from a lot of players but it was difficult for me to keep track of all of the new guys in real time and focus on the play.

Buy a ticket on the next SpaceX shuttle to the ISS for JJ

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Geekie looks like a gem that needs a lot of polish away from the puck. Already an NHL top 6 forward when he has it though, and you gotta love the confidence to trust in his talent which is the main thing that separates star players from the rest.

I was really impressed with Duke's play too, he's the player that stood out to me the most goals/assists aside. Looked like a super pest.

Other than that, I seen a lot of good and a lot of bad from a lot of players but it was difficult for me to keep track of all of the new guys in real time and focus on the play.

Buy a ticket on the next SpaceX shuttle to the ISS for JJ
I wouldnt mind seeing Geekie with Cirelli and Hagel to learn how to play off the puck. He has the tools to be a top 6 guy just needs that guidance from true two way forwards

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Is today a hurricane day for the team? I haven't seen the breathless twitter updates about what side of the ice Kuch is on.

LordStanlersCup

Sep 6, 2024
Cooper mentioned in the postgame that a centerman got hurt prior to the game yesterday which by looking at the roster was Khaira, not sure on his timeline. This also explains why there was 21 players on the roster sheet yesterday

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Cooper mentioned in the postgame that a centerman got hurt prior to the game yesterday which by looking at the roster was Khaira, not sure on his timeline. This also explains why there was 21 players on the roster sheet yesterday
I think I recall seeing him in the warmup, so I think he just wanted a free trip to Orlando.

• Haha
Reactions: LordStanlersCup

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I was in and out of the game all night and my only real takeaways are that JoJo needs to be far better. I was happy to see us a lot less complacent to hang back and defend. All I ask is F2 to be more aggressive on the forecheck. It felt like every time I watched I saw F1 on an island by himself ready to be swallowed up.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I was in and out of the game all night and my only real takeaways are that JoJo needs to be far better. I was happy to see us a lot less complacent to hang back and defend. All I ask is F2 to be more aggressive on the forecheck. It felt like every time I watched I saw F1 on an island by himself ready to be swallowed up.
For what is basically pickup games, I'm okay with where they're at with their structure. We're challenging the opponent in every zone.

The nuance of when to send in that F2 will come over time.

Reactions: Renopucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad