The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I have no issue with Levi grabbing starts here and there in Buffalo when convenient. I don't think he should be going on any road trips. Assuming everybody is healthy all year he could grab 10-15 NHL starts without disrupting much. Reimer could grab another 15-20 which leaves UPL with 47-57 starts. He started 51 games last year, so it would be similar.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
I think it’s weird how many posters are convinced Levi is headed to Rochester when every camp minute he has split the 1st-team game and practice reps 50/50 with UPL.

Meanwhile, Ruff talks about the need for 2 goalies and Reimer sits on the sidelines without a second of preseason action.

Explain to me why the Sabres have put their entire preseason focus on preparing their NHL roster except for the 2nd goalie spot.

I think people need to take a look at what’s actually been happening on the ice.

Reactions: Diaspora

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think it’s weird how many posters are convinced Levi is headed to Rochester when every camp minute he has split the 1st-team game and practice reps 50/50 with UPL.

Meanwhile, Ruff talks about the need for 2 goalies and Reimer sits on the sidelines without a second of preseason action.

Explain to me why the Sabres have put their entire preseason focus on preparing their NHL roster except for the 2nd goalie spot.

I think people need to take a look at what’s actually been happening on the ice.
I am not convinced that Levi will go to Rochester.

I am not convinced that Reimer will get waived to Rochester, either.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
September 18th:

Adams stated that they haven't closed the door on carrying three goaltenders, but it is "not something we are looking to do".

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Three years ago, Jeremy Swayman started playing a decent amount of games in Boston after brief NHL action the year before. He was 22 years old and, obviously, was on the roster as well.

I liken the Sabres situation to that of the 21-22 Bruins. Levi is currently 22 years old, an up and comer with little NHL experience, though more than Swayman had, and UPL also on the roster and seemingly the #1.

Boston got it right. Both Swayman and Ullmark played and they let the cream rise to the top.

The Sabres, IMO, would be wise to do the same. I couldn’t care less about James Reimer.

Reactions: Satanphonehome

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Three years ago, Jeremy Swayman started playing a decent amount of games in Boston after brief NHL action the year before. He was 22 years old and, obviously, was on the roster as well.

I liken the Sabres situation to that of the 21-22 Bruins. Levi is currently 22 years old, an up and comer with little NHL experience, though more than Swayman had, and UPL also on the roster and seemingly the #1.

Boston got it right. Both Swayman and Ullmark played and they let the cream rise to the top.

The Sabres, IMO, would be wise to do the same. I couldn’t care less about James Reimer.
Reimer has uninvited you to his bbq this weekend....

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

You will if he goes down and Sandstrom is the backup.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Assuming that your goalies aren't going to get injured all year is foolish.
How many other teams actually have a good plan incase both their nhl goalies get injured? I am not well informed on other teams (or ours for that matter) but I would be surprised if a lot of other teams would be able to weather both goalies going down.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I don't get how Reimer got no minutes in pre-season.
95exox.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad