The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I have no issue with Levi grabbing starts here and there in Buffalo when convenient. I don't think he should be going on any road trips. Assuming everybody is healthy all year he could grab 10-15 NHL starts without disrupting much. Reimer could grab another 15-20 which leaves UPL with 47-57 starts. He started 51 games last year, so it would be similar.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
I think it’s weird how many posters are convinced Levi is headed to Rochester when every camp minute he has split the 1st-team game and practice reps 50/50 with UPL.

Meanwhile, Ruff talks about the need for 2 goalies and Reimer sits on the sidelines without a second of preseason action.

Explain to me why the Sabres have put their entire preseason focus on preparing their NHL roster except for the 2nd goalie spot.

I think people need to take a look at what’s actually been happening on the ice.

Reactions: Diaspora

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think it’s weird how many posters are convinced Levi is headed to Rochester when every camp minute he has split the 1st-team game and practice reps 50/50 with UPL.

Meanwhile, Ruff talks about the need for 2 goalies and Reimer sits on the sidelines without a second of preseason action.

Explain to me why the Sabres have put their entire preseason focus on preparing their NHL roster except for the 2nd goalie spot.

I think people need to take a look at what’s actually been happening on the ice.
I am not convinced that Levi will go to Rochester.

I am not convinced that Reimer will get waived to Rochester, either.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
September 18th:

Adams stated that they haven't closed the door on carrying three goaltenders, but it is "not something we are looking to do".

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Three years ago, Jeremy Swayman started playing a decent amount of games in Boston after brief NHL action the year before. He was 22 years old and, obviously, was on the roster as well.

I liken the Sabres situation to that of the 21-22 Bruins. Levi is currently 22 years old, an up and comer with little NHL experience, though more than Swayman had, and UPL also on the roster and seemingly the #1.

Boston got it right. Both Swayman and Ullmark played and they let the cream rise to the top.

The Sabres, IMO, would be wise to do the same. I couldn’t care less about James Reimer.

Reactions: Satanphonehome

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Three years ago, Jeremy Swayman started playing a decent amount of games in Boston after brief NHL action the year before. He was 22 years old and, obviously, was on the roster as well.

I liken the Sabres situation to that of the 21-22 Bruins. Levi is currently 22 years old, an up and comer with little NHL experience, though more than Swayman had, and UPL also on the roster and seemingly the #1.

Boston got it right. Both Swayman and Ullmark played and they let the cream rise to the top.

The Sabres, IMO, would be wise to do the same. I couldn’t care less about James Reimer.
Reimer has uninvited you to his bbq this weekend....

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

You will if he goes down and Sandstrom is the backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad