The 2024-2025 Roster Thread

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Fun fact: did you realize that GMs are allowed to give shorter contracts than 5 years? That’s the part I’m talking about.

Adams knows UPL much better than we do. If he sucks this season, Adams shouldn’t have given him a 5-yr contract.

GMs are fired for giving out bad goalie contracts all the time and Adams should rightfully be fired if UPL isn’t good enough to be a starter for even one full season. His contract is WAY too expensive for a backup and I refuse to believe he wasn’t able to sign him on a shorter deal.

The UPL deal is fine.

He would have to fall off a cliff for his value to tank.

The real issue here is he is essentially handing leverage to Levi.

The ideal scenario for this year was that UPL plays well, Reimer does spot duty, and Levi is. your organizational number 2 who is soaking up starts in the AHL and picks up 10-15 starts at the NHL level as well. He's a 10.2 RFA, so you sign him to a 2-3 year deal at a higher end backup salary, say 2M a year. You go through 2-3 seasons where it doesn't matter who is the primary starter or they just split, and then you can make an organizational decision on goaltending when Levi hits RFA again.

Not sure how much losing Reimer effects that 'ideal' plan other than Levi likely isn't getting the same volume of starts this year.

Reactions: KeepKane

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The UPL deal is fine.

He would have to fall off a cliff for his value to tank.

The real issue here is he is essentially handing leverage to Levi.

The ideal scenario for this year was that UPL plays well, Reimer does spot duty, and Levi is. your organizational number 2 who is soaking up starts in the AHL and picks up 10-15 starts at the NHL level as well. He's a 10.2 RFA, so you sign him to a 2-3 year deal at a higher end backup salary, say 2M a year. You go through 2-3 seasons where it doesn't matter who is the primary starter or they just split, and then you can make an organizational decision on goaltending when Levi hits RFA again.

Not sure how much losing Reimer effects that 'ideal' plan other than Levi likely isn't getting the same volume of starts this year.
The UPL contract will probably be fine. I was talking about potential scenarios that do seem unlikely, I agree...and I'm not sure why I'm even wasting time thinking about goaltending to begin with since it seems to be the only thing Adams has done well for the rebuild.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Screenshot_20241008_120402_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20241008_120412_Instagram.jpg

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013

Can’t even get a zone entry in practice against the coaches
Coaches were doing exactly what the Devils did by standing 3 on the blueline.. this Sabres team is really something.

The lack of players showing up to put in the work early is also alarming. Not a single player should feel like they did their part against New Jersey.

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The UPL contract will probably be fine. I was talking about potential scenarios that do seem unlikely, I agree...and I'm not sure why I'm even wasting time thinking about goaltending to begin with since it seems to be the only thing Adams has done well for the rebuild.

We are in an OK place now....but only because UPL became a legit starter last year despite Adams being ready anoint Levi at before training camp last year.

I think we've gotten here goaltending wise despite of Adams, certainly not because of him.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad