GDT: The 2023 NHL Entry Draft - Nashville, TN - 4:00pm (AZ) - ESPN, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
We as fans really don't have a clue when it comes to these prospects, and many times these kids fool the so called experts. The draft is a crap shoot at the best of times. All we can do is hope and pray.
Agree. These guys have the benefit of the doubt from me. Until they do something to lose that. And that can’t happen until we see how these players turn out. This scouting group (including BA and Hepple) all have great track records prior to coming here and all have great reputations. What’s more, many of their picks seem to be headed in the right direction in the early stages. I’m happy to wait and see.

They picked a couple of highly skilled giants who have size, speed, skill and snarl. I’m not gonna cry about that. Not yet.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
And Bob McKenzie said teams that value size took their guys earlier and that led to some smaller players slipping outside of the consensus.
I don't think McKenzie spent much time on his list this year, or the scouts gave him a line of shit.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Interesting that both said they knew this was going to happen but was a secret. Interesting both emphasized their deals are only for two years. Sounds like there’s a game plan all set and ready on these guys.
Watching his reaction when his name was called it didn't seem he knew.

Reactions: Prarievarg

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
On the Reinbacher thread everyone is saying that Montreal had no choice Reinbacher wasn't going to get by Arizona .. I think Simashev was their guy no matter what
I think that’s obvious now. At the time the Habs may not have known that.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I think I cracked Bill Armstrong's code.

Since Cooley, here are Arizona's last 11 draft picks:

1. Connor Geekie (6'3)
2. Maverick Lamoureux (6'7)
3. Artyom Duda (6'1)
4. Julian Lutz (6'2)
5. Miko Matikka (6'3)
6. Jeremy Langlois (6'1)
7. Matthew Morden (6'4)
8. Maksymilian Zuber (6'4)
9. Adam Zlnka (5'11)
10. Dmitri Simashev (6'4)
11. Daniil But (6'5)

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I think I cracked Bill Armstrong's code.

Since Cooley, here are Arizona's last 11 draft picks:

1. Connor Geekie (6'3)
2. Maverick Lamoureux (6'7)
3. Artyom Duda (6'1)
4. Julian Lutz (6'2)
5. Miko Matikka (6'3)
6. Jeremy Langlois (6'1)
7. Matthew Morden (6'4)
8. Maksymilian Zuber (6'4)
9. Adam Zlnka (5'11)
10. Dmitri Simashev (6'4)
11. Daniil But (6'5)
This team is going to be so much fun to watch soon. We needed size. I love this.

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Gawd I hope these two justify there draft position and become stars, hate that neither will help the team for at best 3 years. BAGM is gambling the team success and his future of ever being a GM on these getting out of russia and being near par for michkov, benson, leonard etc. He has had 5x 1st picks in last two drafts and 4 have been considered reaches.
Welll....good thing he has 10 more tries today...lol.

Freddy Sjostrom

Jun 24, 2018
How often do you think the Michkov situation happens? Whether it’s the player or agent wanting to go to a certain team or avoiding certain teams.

che

Jan 6, 2018
Gothenburg
I hope we grab a swede as I am not sold on Söderström.

I think Anton Wahlberg could be a BA pick in the second round. Big C (6'3'') who is tough on the forecheck and has already played a bit in the SHL despite only being 17 y old.

Really raw but has lots of skill.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah, we did. High risk/ high reward, picked based on one tournament .
Good to see you pick and choose Morgan’s work as it coincides with your perspective though. :laugh:
It wasn't Morgan's work. He was told other teams had him high in their mock draft. BA stated they have seen him play the last year, not just one tournament.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yep, the player himself knew the pick was outside the box.
Players don't know where they are going. Did you see Wright's face last year.

So I keep hearing about how both of these players are high risk. Does that mean high risk that they won’t come over to North America? Or higher risk because they are both just so boom or bust?
Boom or bust. Maybe to you and I and many others but not BA and his scouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad