GDT: The 2022 NHL Free Agent Frenzy | July 13th, 2022 | 12:00 PM EST

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
The only thing that truly bothers me today is that Sergachev deal and how Feaster 2.0 couldn't get his AAV down below 8 for that much commitment and all of the perks which come with staying with this team. It's a lot of risk

Having said that, I do think it's important to note that despite how infuriating, lazy, and apathetic he has been at times this year, he actually did take another step forward.

His TOI rose again and his defensive zone starts significantly increased this year to the point that it overtook his offensive zone starts, compare that to his year 1 here where he had almost 75% offensive zone starts, and it's obvious the coaching staff trusts him(even if we don't always).

There is hope that he'll end up being worth that number and then some, but we are definitely paying for potential here. If he's given PP1 minutes next season I want to see 50+ points minimum, and then we need him to cut down heavily on the mistakes he makes since he'll see more high leverage situations than ever.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Koepke, Fortier and Perbix are no longer waiver exempt so I say they make the roster. Hopefully Day can improve more to be a 3LD option. 750k to all so 3M for the 4. If Colton wants 3M maybe his rights get traded unless he takes a big step to be worth that much, I would double his current hit so 2.25M. Foote at 1.5M would be really a good deal. So 6.75M for 6 guys and then get a backup around 1M, 7.75M and just need 1 more forward to get a 21 man roster with 3.75M left. I can easily see Killorn taking a cheap deal to stick around, he seems to only want to be here or retire. Maybe 3 year deal at 2-2.5M till he retires a bolt. Then we have some left to add an ELC or league minimum extra. I also see us moving the Seabrook contract back to Chicago for future considerations, they'll need to add lots of cap to get to the floor.
Colton just had 22 goals and was .5 ppg in his 2nd year. If he replicates that or improves upon it, I have a hard time seeing him only taking 2.25 or so on a bridge, unless JBB has the handshake deal in place where he takes less now for a big payday on his subsequent deal I hope so, but am not counting on it.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Fleury is a solid defensive depth signing. Just wish they had addressed the offense in a better way. Stastny is still available last I checked, trade Killorn for a 2nd+3rd/4th and sign Stastny maybe??

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Fleury is a solid defensive depth signing. Just wish they had addressed the offense in a better way. Stastny is still available last I checked, trade Killorn for a 2nd+3rd/4th and sign Stastny maybe??
I doubt there are any takers right now.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Maybe not, but this signing does put Tampa approx 320k over the cap, so would think another move is coming perhaps. Edit: NM, forgot about Bogo and Cirelli to ltir.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Maybe not, but this signing does put Tampa approx 320k over the cap, so would think another move is coming perhaps. Edit: NM, forgot about Bogo and Cirelli to ltir.
No.

Bogo and Cirelli LTIR is usable ONLY until they return so not really usable because using their cap $$ means we have to shed it before they return (unlike the Kucherov situation)

We ARE over the cap RIGHT NOW because the season has not started.

Once the season starts, Seabrooks $6.7M LTIR contract kicks in, and if all else is = to today's $$$, we are $440k UNDER the cap

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Stastny isn't really better than Killorn. Not enough to move the needle.
He's at the same level, and if the idea is a one year deal either way, getting some assets back for Killorn while not downgrading in the replacement would have been better management.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Buy out window is over right? Don't get this one
How? They still need a better 4LD and 7th defenseman. He will challenge Myers for that spot once Bogosian is healthy. He can play the right side if needed. If Myers gets sent down it saves almost 300k from what Fluery makes.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
No.

Bogo and Cirelli LTIR is usable ONLY until they return so not really usable because using their cap $$ means we have to shed it before they return (unlike the Kucherov situation)

We ARE over the cap RIGHT NOW because the season has not started.

Once the season starts, Seabrooks $6.7M LTIR contract kicks in, and if all else is = to today's $$$, we are $440k UNDER the cap
Tampa is now 7.195 and change over the cap after the Fleury signing. Even after Seabrook's ltir pools are activated, Tampa will still be approximately 320k over the cap. Obv while Cirelli ans Bogo are out they'll have access to that, but not all year, so Tampa is still likely looking at another move.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Tampa is now 7.195 and change over the cap after the Fleury signing. Even after Seabrook's ltir pools are activated, Tampa will still be approximately 320k over the cap. Obv while Cirelli ans Bogo are out they'll have access to that, but not all year, so Tampa is still likely looking at another move.
you realize cap matters at start of season? Cal Foote's contract is 2-way so if he stays down, it doesn't hurt us (I don't believe)

And given that his 2-year, 2-way contract is LESS than the 3-year, 2-way contract signed before, I suspect he stays down or gets traded; either way, the main roster for the BOLTS is not likely changing much more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad