Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Draft Thread VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
If he goes and plays in a mens league and doesnt do well they say, "Well he was in a mens league, and only 18". If he goes over and plays well they say "Well he was in a mens league and look what he did!" Kind of a win-win for him.

Good for him im sure he will do just fine. If there is any justice or hockey gods Arizona will have a chance to land him next season or us lol.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Wow, that seems bizarre. Wanted money I guess?

Interesting choice, we'll see if more guys follow his lead. The WHL came under fire in Washington State (Seattle/Everett/Spokane/Tri-City) for not giving the players enough financially. So I could see the allure in playing for 500K over making under minimum wage in Everett. If Matthews' sole focus is the NHL, I could see how being a one and done player in the NCAA isn't that great either.

This is like the reverse of the 90s where European players would cross the pond to play in the IHL. Guys like Radek Bonk, Petr Sykora, Sergei Samsonov, and Patrik Stefan did it to get better salaries while showing off what they could do against older/better competition.

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Interesting choice, we'll see if more guys follow his lead. The WHL came under fire in Washington State (Seattle/Everett/Spokane/Tri-City) for not giving the players enough financially. So I could see the allure in playing for 500K over making under minimum wage in Everett. If Matthews' sole focus is the NHL, I could see how being a one and done player in the NCAA isn't that great either.

This is like the reverse of the 90s where European players would cross the pond to play in the IHL. Guys like Radek Bonk, Petr Sykora, Sergei Samsonov, and Patrik Stefan did it to get better salaries while showing off what they could do against older/better competition.

This article that came out yesterday had some interesting points

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/e...ston-matthews-could-play-in-europe-next-year/

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
If he goes and plays in a mens league and doesnt do well they say, "Well he was in a mens league, and only 18". If he goes over and plays well they say "Well he was in a mens league and look what he did!" Kind of a win-win for him.

Good for him im sure he will do just fine. If there is any justice or hockey gods Arizona will have a chance to land him next season or us lol.

Dont bother. Oilers will win the lottery.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Can everyone just imagine what the NHL would do if the Oilers were one of the bottom teams next season?

Like honestly, what possible reaction would GMs have heading into the 2016 lottery if the Oilers had one of the best chances of winning it?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Can everyone just imagine what the NHL would do if the Oilers were one of the bottom teams next season?

Like honestly, what possible reaction would GMs have heading into the 2016 lottery if the Oilers had one of the best chances of winning it?

They would let the new lotto system do its work. Top 3 picks becoming lotto picks are designing to dissuade tanking.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
What's just amusing to me is after an inordinate number of expert mocks and poster mocks we all think the draft's going to break in certain patterns...but it seldom works out that way on draft day. Nobody thought Larsson would drop to 4, or the Russian winger everyone wanted before the Cory trade to 11. Nine million NFL Draft mocks in publication and none of them had that DT from USC falling to the Jets at 6 just a couple weeks ago. It'll probably be the same thing here, someone we won't expect to fall to us will.

Exactly. It's what makes me either laugh or shake my head when someone posts about player x is clearly BPA, "we can't pass on him!!!!!".:scared:

If you've ever seen the couple of actual team draft charts that have gotten accidentally leaked people would be shocked. If an actual NHL scout came here and anonymously posted an actual depth chart the flames would be nuclear.

Teams have their own ideas of who the best players are, and outside of the top two I would bet no two lists are alike. Take Barzal for example. I bet you could find a team that has him 3rd or 4th, and you could also find a team that has him 20th.

Posters know very little, and the "experts" are basically an echo chamber full of people who get paid to write articles, not built hockey teams.

...and FWIW, I was convinced Larsson would go 4th. ;)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Exactly. It's what makes me either laugh or shake my head when someone posts about player x is clearly BPA, "we can't pass on him!!!!!".:scared:

If you've ever seen the couple of actual team draft charts that have gotten accidentally leaked people would be shocked. If an actual NHL scout came here and anonymously posted an actual depth chart the flames would be nuclear.

It'd be informative to a degree if we did get some in the know stuff even anon and after the fact, like in one of the NFL preview magazines where they ask a rival scout about another team and they comment anonymously.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
It'd be informative to a degree if we did get some in the know stuff even anon and after the fact, like in one of the NFL preview magazines where they ask a rival scout about another team and they comment anonymously.

The Canucks 2010 list was the one leaked most recently that I remember. Among others, they had Burmistrov 3rd, Tarasenko 6th, Johansen 11th Niederrieter 17th and Merrill 22nd.

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC
The Canucks 2010 list was the one leaked most recently that I remember. Among others, they had Burmistrov 3rd, Tarasenko 6th, Johansen 11th Niederrieter 17th and Merrill 22nd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s6f4NW0UmQ

1:35 mark to see their draft list leaked.

Somebody from a Canucks site compiled the list

1. Hall
2. Seguin
3. Burmistrov
4. Gormley
5. Jack Campbell
6. Tarasenko
7.Gudbranson
8. Skinner
9. Fowler
10.Forbort
11. Johansen
12. Connelly
13. McIlrath
14. Visentin
15. Granlund
16. Kuznetsov
17. Nino
18. Tinordi
19. Bennett
20. Sheahan
21. Bjugstad
22. Merrill
23. Melchiori
24. Corbiel-Therault
25. Hishon
26. McNally
27. Straka, Petr
28. Jarnkrok, Calle
29. Gailev, Stanislav
30. Lindberg, Oscar
31. Polasek, Adam
32. Kabanov
33. Ross, Brad
34. Rensfeldt
35. Hayes, Kevin
36. Dominque, Louis
37. Petterson-Wentzel
38. Shwartz, Jaden
39. Knight, Jared
40. McFarland, John
41. Faulk, Justin
42. Zucker, Jason
43. Larsson, Johan
44. Watson, Austin
45. Toffoli, Tyler
46. Etem, Emerson
47. Pitlick, Tyler
48. Pickard, Calvin
49. Johns, Stephen
50. Pysyk, Mark
51. Marincin, Martin
52. Culek, Jakub
53. Howden, Quinton
54. Hamilton, Curtis
55. Friesen, Alex
56. Spooner, Ryan
57. Gudas, Radko
58. Mrazek, Petr
59. Holl, Justin
60. Pulkkinen, Teemu
61. Wannstrom, Sebastion
62. Bocharov, Stanislav
63. Nelson, Brock
64. Alt, Mark
65. Martindale, Ryan
66. McNeill, Reid
67. Aubry, Louis
68. Leach, Joey
69. MacMillan, Mark
70. Petrovic, Alex
71. Simpson, Kent
72. Brittain, Sam
73. Cehlin, Patrick
74. Gustafsson, Johan
75. Iilahti, Jonathan
76. Brodin, Danielk
77. Nemeth, Patrik
78. Coyle, Charlie
79. McCormick, Max
80. Kitsyn, Maxim
81. Donskoi, Joonas
82. Wind, Cameron
83. Smith Pelley, Devante
84. Tommernes, Henrik in 2011
85. Hannay, Sawyer
86. Zahn, Teigan
87. MacKenzie, Matt
88. Weal, Jordan
89. Chudinov, Maxim
90. Houser, Michael
91. Wedgewood, Scott
92. Sundher, Kevin
93. Beukeboom, Brock
94. O'Donnell, Brendan
95. Herbert, Caleb
96. Archibald, Brandon
97. Chaput, Michael
98. Salmivirta, Mikael
99. Hjalmarsson, Simon
100. Marchenko, Alexei

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s6f4NW0UmQ

1:35 mark to see their draft list leaked.

Somebody from a Canucks site compiled the list

1. Hall
2. Seguin
3. Burmistrov
4. Gormley
5. Jack Campbell
6. Tarasenko
7.Gudbranson
8. Skinner
9. Fowler
10.Forbort
11. Johansen
12. Connelly
13. McIlrath
14. Visentin
15. Granlund
16. Kuznetsov
17. Nino
18. Tinordi
19. Bennett
20. Sheahan
21. Bjugstad
22. Merrill
23. Melchiori
24. Corbiel-Therault
25. Hishon
26. McNally
27. Straka, Petr
28. Jarnkrok, Calle
29. Gailev, Stanislav
30. Lindberg, Oscar
31. Polasek, Adam
32. Kabanov
33. Ross, Brad
34. Rensfeldt
35. Hayes, Kevin
36. Dominque, Louis
37. Petterson-Wentzel
38. Shwartz, Jaden
39. Knight, Jared
40. McFarland, John
41. Faulk, Justin
42. Zucker, Jason
43. Larsson, Johan
44. Watson, Austin
45. Toffoli, Tyler
46. Etem, Emerson
47. Pitlick, Tyler
48. Pickard, Calvin
49. Johns, Stephen
50. Pysyk, Mark
51. Marincin, Martin
52. Culek, Jakub
53. Howden, Quinton
54. Hamilton, Curtis
55. Friesen, Alex
56. Spooner, Ryan
57. Gudas, Radko
58. Mrazek, Petr
59. Holl, Justin
60. Pulkkinen, Teemu
61. Wannstrom, Sebastion
62. Bocharov, Stanislav
63. Nelson, Brock
64. Alt, Mark
65. Martindale, Ryan
66. McNeill, Reid
67. Aubry, Louis
68. Leach, Joey
69. MacMillan, Mark
70. Petrovic, Alex
71. Simpson, Kent
72. Brittain, Sam
73. Cehlin, Patrick
74. Gustafsson, Johan
75. Iilahti, Jonathan
76. Brodin, Danielk
77. Nemeth, Patrik
78. Coyle, Charlie
79. McCormick, Max
80. Kitsyn, Maxim
81. Donskoi, Joonas
82. Wind, Cameron
83. Smith Pelley, Devante
84. Tommernes, Henrik in 2011
85. Hannay, Sawyer
86. Zahn, Teigan
87. MacKenzie, Matt
88. Weal, Jordan
89. Chudinov, Maxim
90. Houser, Michael
91. Wedgewood, Scott
92. Sundher, Kevin
93. Beukeboom, Brock
94. O'Donnell, Brendan
95. Herbert, Caleb
96. Archibald, Brandon
97. Chaput, Michael
98. Salmivirta, Mikael
99. Hjalmarsson, Simon
100. Marchenko, Alexei

They seem to be right about Mrazak over Wedgewood.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Wasn't that the year that Vancouver made the trade involving Bernier, Grabner, and that first. Wasn't the trade like agreed to at the draft but conditional on if the player Vancouver wants was there at 25?

If that's the case, it makes me wonder who the player was. It had to be higher than Kuznetsov because he was picked after them.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wasn't that the year that Vancouver made the trade involving Bernier, Grabner, and that first. Wasn't the trade like agreed to at the draft but conditional on if the player Vancouver wants was there at 25?

If that's the case, it makes me wonder who the player was. It had to be higher than Kuznetsov because he was picked after them.

1. Hall (picked at 1)
2. Seguin (picked at 2)
3. Burmistrov (picked at 8)
4. Gormley (picked at 13)
5. Jack Campbell (picked at 11)
6. Tarasenko (picked at 16)
7. Gudbranson (picked at 3)
8. Skinner (picked at 7)
9. Fowler (picked at 12)
10. Forbort (picked at 15)
11. Johansen (picked at 4)
12. Connelly (picked at 6)
13. McIlrath (picked at 10)
14. Visentin (picked at 27)
15. Granlund (picked at 9)

Everyone above Kuznetsov but Visentin was picked before Vancouver's spot so it was one of the top 13...Forbort and Tarasenko were the last two picked before Vancouver's spot. It is interesting seeing some of the distance between their board and the actual spot they went in the draft.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Makes too much sense to be realistic :sarcasm:

Actually a very good mock but one that appears weighted more towards drafting team needs than BPA....I could honestly see the top 10/12 shaking out EXACTLY as it's listed here but my gut tells me that Toronto goes with Strome.

That'd be my biggest critique of that list. It would take too much sense for Toronto to take Strome, a potential #1 center they've been longing for.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Surprised to see Sprong going 17 in that mock. I love his game but also am coming to the realization he won't be there at 36. I am however fully on the Barzal boat. We NEED to draft him if Marner is gone. I'd even take him over Strome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad