Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Draft Thread VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Who are some of the guys high on people's list for the 2nd round?

Beauvillier, Colin White and Bracco if they all fall. I suspect Bracco will be taken mid-2nd but Beuviellier and White could easily go at the end of the first. Bracco is my ideal pick with the 41st. Small guy but he's skilled.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Beauvillier, Colin White and Bracco if they all fall. I suspect Bracco will be taken mid-2nd but Beuviellier and White could easily go at the end of the first. Bracco is my ideal pick with the 41st. Small guy but he's skilled.

I'm doing a mock that goes through the 2nd round and don't know **** about the 2nd round prospects other then potential fallers.

Took Barzal FYI (top 5 was as predicted just different order).

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Boeser (falls), Korostelev, Yan, Beauvilier, Roy are just a few of the forwards.

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Brock Boeser, jeremy Bracco, Daniel Sprong, Rasmus Anderson (D), Joel Ek Erikson, Christian Fischer, Thomas Novak, and Korostelev, Dennis Yan, Jordan Greenway.

All potential 2nd rounders....Boeser, Erikson, Bracco and Sprong could go in the 1st.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If Marner is off the board and Provorov or Hanifin are still there, you almost have to either trade down to 8th if CBj makes a compelling offer or simply draft one of them.

Though, if Conte and his minions strongly feel that Barzal or Zacha will be superstars you go with your gut feel.

I'd like to see the Devils "war room" and watch them debate this stuff.
It may even lesson my criticism of Conte somewhat.

I think San Jose makes the most attractive trade partner. If you're enabling somebody to get Hanifin/Provorov, you might want it to be an out of conference opponent. San Jose's head amateur scout Tim Burke is based out of Boston, so it's not unusual to see them take guys from that area. If Hanifin was still there, I'd imagine San Jose would be all over it since that's the (potential) type of defenseman that they've lacked the last 10 years.

Moving down to 9, there's a likely chance that one of Barzal/Zacha is there. Best case, both are still there.

Hypothetically, if Provorov and Hanifin are both there, that means that McDavid, Eichel, Strome, Marner, and one of Zacha/Rantanen/Barzal/Crouse went in the top five.

Let's assume San Jose trades up to get their pick of Hanifin or Provorov. I would guess that Columbus would take whoever falls to them or Werenski. Flyers might pass up a D with the defensive prospects they have. Either way, I see two D going between 6-8 at least.

So if that holds up, then we would still have a chance at one of Rantanen, Barzal, Zacha, or Crouse. It wouldn't be too bad of an idea if the Devils aren't sold on any particular player.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Hypothetically, if Provorov and Hanifin are both there, that means that McDavid, Eichel, Strome, Marner, and one of Zacha/Rantanen/Barzal/Crouse went in the top five.

Let's assume San Jose trades up to get their pick of Hanifin or Provorov. I would guess that Columbus would take whoever falls to them or Werenski. Flyers might pass up a D with the defensive prospects they have. Either way, I see two D going between 6-8 at least.

So if that holds up, then we would still have a chance at one of Rantanen, Barzal, Zacha, or Crouse. It wouldn't be too bad of an idea if the Devils aren't sold on any particular player.

If we could trade down, pick up a solid asset, and still get Rantanen or Zacha I'd be thrilled.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Brock Boeser, jeremy Bracco, Daniel Sprong, Rasmus Anderson (D), Joel Ek Erikson, Christian Fischer, Thomas Novak, and Korostelev, Dennis Yan, Jordan Greenway.

All potential 2nd rounders....Boeser, Erikson, Bracco and Sprong could go in the 1st.

I forgot about Novak. If we're talking D, Brisebois is one of my sleepers...could even fall to the 3rd.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If we could trade down, pick up a solid asset, and still get Rantanen or Zacha I'd be thrilled.

I'm starting to be in favor of that as well.

It's almost a guarantee that Columbus and San Jose both take D. Philly is a bit of a wild card.

Trading back with San Jose seems possible if they want to make sure Columbus or Philly doesn't take Provorov. Especially if Hanifin goes in the top five:

Edmonton: McDavid
Buffalo: Eichel
Arizona: Marner
Toronto: Strome
Carolina: Hanifin
San Jose: Provorov
Philly: Barzal, Rantanen, Zacha, or Crouse
Columbus: Werenski or one of the guys above.
Devils:

The Devils would still have their choice of at least two of Barzal, Rantanen, Crouse, and Zacha. We would also pick up another second or third round pick in the process. In reality, we could move back even further if the price is right.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don't see us trading down unless it's an offer too good to refuse.

I think I would accept the Sharks 1st and 2nd round picks for #6.

I probably would also do a deal centering around Columbus' pick if we can add a good young forward, even if we have to add a little bit back as well.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I'm not taking risks on trading back.

take the guy you want at 6 and move on.

Risk? what risk. We are talking if the scouts dont really see a deference in Rantanen, Zacha, and Barzal. They are all very close and bring different skill sets to the team. Its possible, if you can add another early second round pick then you take it. Some of the guys that are expected to be around in the beginning of the 2nd round look pretty solid plus it up ur odds of getting a good NHL player.

Now if the Devils value one significantly over the other then i get what your say. If they really want Zacha then just take him at 6 and dont run the risk. That goes for Rantanen or Barzal as well.

Isnt it you who used to talk about asset management. Isnt this what that is. Take a piece and turn it into 2 without hurting urself 2 bad by dropping a couple spots.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

It's almost a guarantee that Columbus and San Jose both take D. Philly is a bit of a wild card.

Trading back with San Jose seems possible if they want to make sure Columbus or Philly doesn't take Provorov. Especially if Hanifin goes in the top five:

Devils:

The Devils would still have their choice of at least two of Barzal, Rantanen, Crouse, and Zacha. We would also pick up another second or third round pick in the process. In reality, we could move back even further if the price is right.

Columbus has the better forward prospects we would covet but SJS is the better trade partner because they'll likely have to settle for what falls to them. In theory we could squeeze them.

In trading back more, if we drop to #9 and really want to get cute about it, we could move back a few places at a time "carrying" our pick as long as our FO has a good read on what other teams are looking for...but I wouldn't risk it.

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
I think I would accept the Sharks 1st and 2nd round picks for #6.

I probably would also do a deal centering around Columbus' pick if we can add a good young forward, even if we have to add a little bit back as well.

I would do that deal with the Sharks. Then draft 3 forwards in the second round.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County

Devils:

If this is how it plays out i dont see the Flyers passing on Crouse. He seems like the perfect player for them.

I really think that at 9 we would still have our choice at Barzal, Zacha, and Rantanen.

GhostofKenKlee

Unless the sweetener is more than just a 2nd., I would rather take the Ivan at six.

GhostofKenKlee

I will be pissed if we take HAnifin at 6

if we take ANY OTHER DMAN BUT Hanifin, I will lose it

Those two are cited/projected to be elite caliber defensemen.

I wouldn't have a problem if either did land in the Devils lap. If San Jose is offering something that improves the team beyond or you know the Forward you want is available at nine. From what I gather and read, a 2nd. or 3rd. is the price teams pay to move up a few spots. Ideally, the Devils grab another late 1st. rounder bundling their two 2nd. rounders or really ideal is the Devils get two 1st. rounders and still have a 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad