Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Draft Thread VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Unless your willing to move Larrson or Severson trading back into the top-10 is highly HIGHLY unlikely. So if thats your only wish then perpare to be upset.

Well...we could trade Gelinas and #41 to WPG for the lower of their picks. We could then move that pick with #36 to move up more. Not into the top 10 but possibly the midteens. The player picked there could be a top10 talent that slips or be a properly selected player that might go top 10 in a less loaded draft. I'd deal Gelinas and 2 2nds for a top10ish talent.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Well...we could trade Gelinas and #41 to WPG for the lower of their picks. We could then move that pick with #36 to move up more. Not into the top 10 but possibly the midteens. The player picked there could be a top10 talent that slips or be a properly selected player that might go top 10 in a less loaded draft. I'd deal Gelinas and 2 2nds for a top10ish talent.

I'd be curious if Winnipeg is looking for a D like Gelinas though. They seem set with PP types with Byfgulien/Myers/Trouba/Enstrom plus Josh Morrissey in the pipeline. Winnipeg also has 7 guys signed to NHL deals plus Ben Chiarot and Paul Postma as RFAs.

If I had to venture a guess, Colorado seems like a great fit for Gelinas. They could use a LHD and were 29th on the PP this past season. From what I recall, Patrick Roy was really disappointed in what he saw out of their first round pick last year Conner Bleackley. They canned their head scout in October. One thought I had would be a three way deal:

Devils: NHL forward
Avalanche: Gelinas
Team X: Bleackley, 41st (presumably a team up against the cap)

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Damn...that's kinda hilarious. I thought I had it too, but then upon posting I immediately changed my mind. Now I'm not sure.

EDIT: I originally thought Zacha, Barzal, Rantanen, and Crouse. But the IR comment is throwing me off, since that seems to fit Zacha more than Crouse, though the latter missed 12 games this season. But Zacha's been a center...so 4 can't be him, right?

So I think Rantanen might actually be #1, which might explain the much shorter write-ups on 1 and 2, since they're not in the OHL. Barzal is 2, but then 3 mentions "not the fastest guy," which makes me think Crouse even though Crouse is a great skater (but Zacha is a burner).

Alright, final answer: Rantanen, Barzal, Zacha, Crouse.

If you want the answer, go to draftsite.com go to the NHL mock draft and click on the names to see the scouting report - hint - you only have Barzal correct....

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
1. A big man with an excellent size/skating package. Gets in quickly and handles the forecheck and control the play along the boards. Can control things in the crease area, and has a big time heavy shot and release. Is strong on the puck, and gets through contact, and can drive the net. Very high hockey IQ, and anticipates the play well.

2. Creative player with excellent vision who skates well with a wide base and strong stride. Responsible 200 foot player whose seeps with offensive upside. He plays with speed and has a good understanding of utilizing all his resources in the attack zone.

3. Big man who has a strong physical game, excellent hands and really good shot. Not the fastest guy at this point but very strong on his pins and well balanced, and uses his size and reach to wear down the opponents. Good in the battle areas and goes hard to the front. At this juncture prefers to hold the puck, try and deke out defenders and shoot than to look for linemates.
Plays major minutes, and despite not being a dazzling stickhandler, still manages to dominate and take opponents off the puck, with strong wall work. He plays strong on the puck and never stops working. Displays a quick release and hard heavy shot. He sees the ice, gets open and has at times, high end touch with his passes along with that vision.

4. Displays a strong game on the wall and dominance below the circles. Has excellent vision, playmaking skills, and above average feet an effort in all three zones. He is very strong on the puck and uses his size to control play, bring havoc in the front and when he gets the puck it’s tough to get it from him, whether it is in the cycle or when he moves out off the wall. Seems very in control in his carries. He has solid jump and speed and the vision to find openings. If there was a knock it would be his low scoring totals so far. One could argue he wasn’t playing with pivot able to get him the biscuit. Others might say he lacks the high end soft and quick hands, foot speed and agility when passes are sent his way. He has spent time on IR, but is a very intriguing prospect

1. Who is Zacha?
2. Barzal
3. Rantanen
4. Crouse

1. Zacha - I have read in a few places his hockey IQ isnt that high. That threw me off slightly with this. I orgnially thought Rantanen was 1 and Zacha was 3.
2. Barzal
3. Rantanen
4. Crouse

Edit changed it after reading it again.

1. Crouse
2. Barzal
3. Rantanen
4. Zacha

Crouse
Barzal
Zacha
Rantannen

...but the fact they have Columbus passing on both Werenski and Provorov and Philly passing on Crouse - and goaliesgoing at picks 31 and 32 - I have to discount the judgement of this mock! Hate it actually....

Pretty sure Rantanen is 3 and Zacha is 4. They're somewhat similar descriptions but Rantanen hasn't spent time on the IR as far as I know.

The waiting is going to kill me up until the draft. If we don't walk away with one of the 3 in Rantanen, Barzal, or Zacha (assuming Marner doesn't fall) it'll be disappointing. Luckily we're in prime position to land one of them, it's just a matter of who.

1- Rantanen
2 - Barzal
3 - Crouse
4 - Zacha

Crouse
Barzal
Rantanen
Zacha

Damn...that's kinda hilarious. I thought I had it too, but then upon posting I immediately changed my mind. Now I'm not sure.

EDIT: I originally thought Zacha, Barzal, Rantanen, and Crouse. But the IR comment is throwing me off, since that seems to fit Zacha more than Crouse, though the latter missed 12 games this season. But Zacha's been a center...so 4 can't be him, right?

So I think Rantanen might actually be #1, which might explain the much shorter write-ups on 1 and 2, since they're not in the OHL. Barzal is 2, but then 3 mentions "not the fastest guy," which makes me think Crouse even though Crouse is a great skater (but Zacha is a burner).

Alright, final answer: Rantanen, Barzal, Zacha, Crouse.

If you want the answer, go to draftsite.com go to the NHL mock draft and click on the names to see the scouting report - hint - you only have Barzal correct....

Only 1 person has it right so far from what i saw.

The correct answer is

Crouse
Barzal
Zacha
Rantanen

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008

The correct answer is

Crouse
Barzal
Zacha
Rantanen

LOL...and I admit openly that I cheated and looked that the reports for the last two! I did guess Crouse because he's known to be great on the forecheck and barzal was easy as the other three were labeled as "big men"...

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I am honestly ok with the idea of swapping with Columbus if they really want Ivan. Then trying to use the two extra seconds to get another 1st and maybe snag a faller. Be the shot in the arm on the prospect level we really need.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
The more and more I look at this draft the more and more I see Hanifin falling to us.

Which might just be the best thing that could happen to us. Either draft him and trade someone we might not otherwise (not saying that's the best idea) or have someone really ready to pay for him. It will be interesting to see if Shero is more open to trading within the division than Lou was. It would be virtually impossible to not be more open but to what extent is the interesting part.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Which might just be the best thing that could happen to us. Either draft him and trade someone we might not otherwise (not saying that's the best idea) or have someone really ready to pay for him. It will be interesting to see if Shero is more open to trading within the division than Lou was. It would be virtually impossible to not be more open but to what extent is the interesting part.

Hanifin falling to 6 would sure muddy the waters. Teams might be looking to jump up, Devils might just take him and run. Then look to move Larrson or Severson for help.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Hanifin falling to 6 would sure muddy the waters. Teams might be looking to jump up, Devils might just take him and run. Then look to move Larrson or Severson for help.

Part of me gets a bit happy in the pants thinking of Hanifin, Severson, Larsson, and Greene as our top 4. We could then trade Merrill and Gelinas as Hrbanka ( however you spell it) is in the wings along with Helgeson. Not ideal not having a forward at 6, but there are worse problems

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Part of me gets a bit happy in the pants thinking of Hanifin, Severson, Larsson, and Greene as our top 4. We could then trade Merrill and Gelinas as Hrbanka ( however you spell it) is in the wings along with Helgeson. Not ideal not having a forward at 6, but there are worse problems

Yea will be great until its time to pay them all. U also forgot about Santini down the line. Also would mean we need a couple home runs in the second round.

I get it and its likely if he is there at 6. I also wont freak out like others will if we take him but damn we need forwards lol.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

The correct answer is

Crouse
Barzal
Zacha
Rantanen

When did Rantanen spend time on the IR? He played in 56 of their 60 games this year. Unless those 4 games were really worth noting, and I'm not even sure those were from an injury.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Its funny every fan base in the top 10 seems to want to do everything to dodge Crouse. Someone fan base in the top 10 is not going to be happy when they draft Crouse.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Its funny every fan base in the top 10 seems to want to do everything to dodge Crouse. Someone fan base in the top 10 is not going to be happy when they draft Crouse.

Let's just hope if we pass on him he doesn't end up being what a lot of scouts seem to think he could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad